What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the panthers all of a sudden so good?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Ok yeah I guess it must be COVID then lol you dumb merkin. I wonder why the raiders went from 10th in 2018 to the gf last season? Was it their soft draw and lack of travel? Or was it covid? Here’s an idea, maybe they just worked hard and made a few roster changes and improved.

Our rise is inexplicable, what a joke. It’s only inexplicable if you have your head up your ass.
Raiders are renowned for their up and down seasons, which is as but of an enigma. They probably should've won it in 2016

Panthers haven't challenged in years

betcats

Referee
And 2nd in 2016 and 1st in 2019. Thanks scoop

Our results the last four seasons are better than theirs. Talking about our ‘inexplicable’ rise just makes you look dumb. Literally one of last years grand finalist made just as a big a leap as we did. It’s actually not uncommon for teams to improve, sign a couple good players, add an assistant coach or two and have a big preseason. Improvement explained. It’s not rocket science.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our results the last four seasons are better than theirs. Talking about our ‘inexplicable’ rise just makes you look dumb. Literally one of last years grand finalist made just as a big a leap as we did. It’s actually not uncommon for teams to improve, sign a couple good players, add an assistant coach or two and have a big preseason. Improvement explained. It’s not rocket science.

Even going further back it has gone

2014- 4th
2015- 12th
2016 - 6th
2017- 7th
2018- 5th
2019- 10th
2020 - 1st

So it isn't like we suddenly jumped up. We know what happened in those dud seasons but the rest of the time have been pretty good without being great.

betcats

Referee
Even going further back it has gone

2014- 4th
2015- 12th
2016 - 6th
2017- 7th
2018- 5th
2019- 10th
2020 - 1st

So it isn't like we suddenly jumped up. We know what happened in those dud seasons but the rest of the time have been pretty good without being great.

Yep we have working toward this for years. It’s well known we’ve just been through a huge rebuild.

Even if we do win on Sunday it won’t even be our biggest single season improvement. 2002 We finished 12th, 2003 minor premiers and premiers.

Chimp

Juniors
We obviously did a number on you, jealously is a curse you sad merkin.
Of course I’m jealous, you’re in the GF and my team aren’t - I’d suggest fans of all 14 teams not in the GF are jealous.

But 1 thing I can tell you, if my team were in the GF, I wouldn’t be getting my knickers in a twist that people thought a soft draw and lack of travel had given my team an advantage.

Can you lot not read the bit where I said they’re ‘a VERY good team’? It is possible to be a very good team AND benefit from some other factors too.

betcats

Referee
Of course I’m jealous, you’re in the GF and my team aren’t - I’d suggest fans of all 14 teams not in the GF are jealous.

But 1 thing I can tell you, if my team were in the GF, I wouldn’t be getting my knickers in a twist that people thought a soft draw and lack of travel had given my team an advantage.

Can you lot not read the bit where I said they’re ‘a VERY good team’. It is possible to be a very good team AND benefit from some other factors too.

We know we are very good team we don’t need to be told. We didn’t lose a game outside of Sydney a season long.

My knickers aren’t twisted at all, it’s GF week and I want to talk about my team. Why are you here talking shit?

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep we have working toward this for years. It’s well known we’ve just been through a huge rebuild.

Even if we do win on Sunday it won’t even be our biggest single season improvement. 2002 We finished 12th, 2003 minor premiers and premiers.

Yep and just like that year there were recruitment reasons behind it. Api and Barrett are the ones behind it this year

Chimp

Juniors

My knickers aren’t twisted at all, it’s GF week and I want to talk about my team. Why are you here talking shit?

because it’s a forum, you know, where people talk shit.... And this thread, was a question about why the Panthers have gone so well, I provided an opinion, based on some facts - not my problem you lot are so insecure and worried about the hollow feeling you’re going to have if they win it that you’re getting all touchy. If you didn’t want to read the opinions of other teams fans, stick to your own teams page. Bit weird to come on a thread about the Panthers and go all bunny boiler because people are discussing it haha

betcats

Referee
because it’s a forum, you know, where people talk shit.... And this thread, was a question about why the Panthers have gone so well, I provided an opinion, based on some facts - not my problem you lot are so insecure and worried about the hollow feeling you’re going to have if they win it that you’re getting all touchy. If you didn’t want to read the opinions of other teams fans, stick to your own teams page. Bit weird to come on a thread about the Panthers and go all bunny boiler because people are discussing it haha

Calling our draw soft and talking about hollow premierships arent fact based opinions you idiot.

mxlegend99

Referee
Calling our draw soft and talking about hollow premierships arent fact based opinions you idiot.
He's not wrong though. We had the softest draw. We only played teams below us and still couldn't win them all

Compare that to Broncos... they had by far the hardest draw. They only played teams above them but managed to snatch a few victories.

Original Name

Juniors
Do you remember when the Tigers were nicknamed the Giant Killers after beating Storm and the Roosters(twice) and everything (in the short term) was going far, far above expectations that pretty much any Tigers supporters held? Brooks was Dally M halfback of the year and with a squad that was bottom 4 on paper Ivan somehow got them going incredibly considering their talent.

Ivan's strength as a coach is bringing teams together to punch above their weight. He usually did with bottom 4 teams on paper. But imagine a team with some decent coming together and pulling in one direction. Team work makes the dream work and all that.

Last edited:

Rude Ted

Juniors
Poor Chump...needs a hump.
i cant believe you are arguing with 2 idiots that support a side that are drug cheats, salary cap cheats and a player who urinates in his own month plus former coach is suspended for three years for cheating.
Cronulla won't be around in a couple of years they will be relocated.

Chimp

Juniors
Your draw was soft compared to your main competitors, and the travel much less, particularly game day flying in/out etc....
And if you could wipe away the tears that must be clouding your judgement, I’ve said that I believe the Premiership WILL be legitimate, it’s the huge overreaction from you lot at the suggestion the draw and lack of travel may have helped the Panthers that makes me think you lot have a nagging doubt that it might feel hollow - that’s entirely on you lot, not me.

The_Frog

First Grade
Your draw was soft compared to your main competitors, and the travel much less, particularly game day flying in/out etc....
And if you could wipe away the tears that must be clouding your judgement, I’ve said that I believe the Premiership WILL be legitimate, it’s the huge overreaction from you lot at the suggestion the draw and lack of travel may have helped the Panthers that makes me think you lot have a nagging doubt that it might feel hollow - that’s entirely on you lot, not me.
So who do you think should be playing the Storm for the premiership then?

betcats

Referee

So you are saying you, a salty as f**k tigers fan will find a panthers premiership legitimate but panthers fans will find it hollow? Lol what are you on merkin?
I read your earlier posts and like a lot of dumb merkins in this thread ALL they mention is travel and soft draw and injuries, clearly it’s bull shit spurred by being a jealous, bitter merkin. You’re an absolute moron if you think a draw, a bit less travel and injury luck leads to 17 in a row and a GF.

IF panthers win then it will be one of the best single seasons in the nrl era. That’s how I’ll be feelin. Smug won’t even begin to describe me.

Last edited:

Latest posts