What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much credit can Gus Gould take for Penrith’s great season?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Glad Saints only gave him 2 years because I too am interested how they go under Hook and not 100% confident it will work but I hope it does. Only because I have never seen a coach bagged so much in the press when he got the job. Whether it was due to hate for the guy or they knew his ability was not to standard we will find out. Griffin will be out to prove them wrong and has admitted he has learnt a lot since he left Penrith so I really hope it works out for him and the club and he proves Gus and his puppets on Channel 9 wrong. It will be interesting to see how Gus talks about Saints if they are having a good season on the tv shows (100% Footy) and if he wraps Griffin. He will probably be the first to bag the guy if the Dragons go poorly.

soc123_au

Staff member
Glad Saints only gave him 2 years because I too am interested how they go under Hook and not 100% confident it will work but I hope it does. Only because I have never seen a coach bagged so much in the press when he got the job. Whether it was due to hate for the guy or they knew his ability was not to standard we will find out. Griffin will be out to prove them wrong and has admitted he has learnt a lot since he left Penrith so I really hope it works out for him and the club and he proves Gus and his puppets on Channel 9 wrong. It will be interesting to see how Gus talks about Saints if they are having a good season on the tv shows (100% Footy) and if he wraps Griffin. He will probably be the first to bag the guy if the Dragons go poorly.

The sad part about Gus & Hook was they were close before things went sour at Penrith. I think Gus will create a narrative that paints himself in a good light dependent on Hooks fortunes. If he goes well, Gus taught him everything he knows, if it's a failure it will be an I told you so.

I love Gus for what he did at Penrith, but I know he is a blowhard.

Smug Panther

First Grade
We were playing Wallace on one leg and when he gave out had no plan at hooker moving forward. Not until Cleary's second year back when we signed Api back was the massive obvious problem sorted.

Griffin/Gould created our f**ked up hooker situation between them.

And with regards to the topic Gould does deserve some credit. Kikau for example was all him, and no small amount of other players were largely his doing.
Yeah nah. Seg was hooker and f**king killing it actually

Latest posts