What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Grand Final entertainment

_Johnsy

Referee
Ten people in some zorb balls running at each other. Cheap and entertaining.

Or Darius doing laps of the ground showing off the spoon while being carried by a crying Alex Glenn and Brodie Croft
Only if they do the first half of the lap joking and laughing.

siv

First Grade
The AFL used to do a grand final sprint with all the losers from the loser teams. Maybe we can adapt it, make it funky and cool for the kids.

I reckon a each team picks their two dumbest players and we do a three-legged race, or an egg and spoon relay. Imagine the entertainment that would ensue watching the likes of Josh Mcguire or Jack Wighton figuring out which one is the egg and which one is the spoon! It writes itself people!

It used to be the 4 fastest junior players from 4 fastest clubs do a 400m sprint on GF Day

siv

First Grade
Still like to see all 16 club cheer squads do a routine on GF day

Grand Final for me should be an all day event 4 games

National U20s GF or NSW v Qld U20 premiers

NRLW or NSW v Qld Womens premiers

National RG GF or NSW v Qld RG premiers

NRL Grand Final

Diesel

Referee
4 games would be good but I’d imagine the field would be cut up by the time the NRL GF starts if it was a wet day.

The normal 3 games we’ve had for the past 2-3 years seems about the right fit

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Still like to see all 16 club cheer squads do a routine on GF day

Grand Final for me should be an all day event 4 games

National U20s GF or NSW v Qld U20 premiers

NRLW or NSW v Qld Womens premiers

National RG GF or NSW v Qld RG premiers

NRL Grand Final
You have heard of COVID19 right?

We're lucky to be getting anything at all let alone 4 games.

stryker

First Grade
When did this song become so popular, it's f**kin shit!
It was dogshit in 1990 and thankfully disappeared soon after but for some reason the young crowd latched onto it 4 or 5 years back and resurrected its popularity. Unforgivable really.

siv

First Grade
4 games would be good but I’d imagine the field would be cut up by the time the NRL GF starts if it was a wet day.

The normal 3 games we’ve had for the past 2-3 years seems about the right fit

Last game of the year usually on a hot sunny afternoon

But plenty if time for the venue to recover

And at worst you could play the NRLW game across the road at the NSWRL CEO field. Just needs to add 500 viewing seats

This is going to be bad

Amy Shark doesn’t fill me with confidence to be the right person for the gig..

Worst I’ve seen by the length of the straight was Pete Murray at the 2005 GF. It was the biggest buzzkill of anyone I’ve ever seen but not his fault, whoever booked him should have been shot on sight.

Ok to listen to on a lazy sunny Saturday afternoon having a beer or two in your garden maybe... but to fire up the 80,000 people before the biggest game of the year. ?!?!?! Hardly.

As a side note - surely somebody should have picked up on the fact that both the panthers and the Storm have AC/DC songs for when they run on the ground.

Surely there’s something the NRL “entertainment committee” could have worked with, even at short notice...