What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Disagree. We will have the cap space to re-sign him, and it appears that he may stay on for unders. Naden, on the other hand, appears to be on the outer.

I have know idea how you come up with this stuff. When has he ever said, “I’ll stay at Penrith for unders”?
What you really should say is, I really hope Matt Burton stays.

We won’t have to cap space to pay for him on NRL 5/8 money, that’s the whole point of the cap.

The only legitimate hope is that they want him to take Nadens spot in the centre’s, he is the only player that seems to be on the outs.

maple_69

Bench
We could also slot him into lock, with Yeo just completely taking Tamous role. May could do that or go to centre to give Burton his utility bench spot and some time to find his role in this side.

Jane Murray

Bench
I have know idea how you come up with this stuff. When has he ever said, “I’ll stay at Penrith for unders”?

We won’t have to cap space to pay for him on NRL 5/8 money, that’s the whole point of the cap.

The only legitimate hope is that they want him to take Nadens spot in the centre’s, he is the only player that seems to be on the outs.

I did not say, nor imply, that. Yes I hope he does stay, obviously. Matt appears to be happy here, and players do tend to stay at successful clubs for unders.

betcats

Referee

Where did he say he will only take NRL five eighth money? You are assuming as much as Jane. The only one here with any inside knowledge is blade who thinks he will stay.

Jane Murray

Bench
Where did he say he will only take NRL five eighth money? You are assuming as much as Jane. The only one here with any inside knowledge is blade who thinks he will stay.

I am not assuming anything. I am basing my comments, on my personal view point.

betcats

Referee
I am not assuming anything. I am basing my comments, on my personal view point.

We I think that you assume we can keep him for unders, that’s what I assume. Meanwhile Luke assumes he will only stay for five eight money. They are just different opinions in the end.

Jane Murray

Bench
We I think that you assume we can keep him for unders, that’s what I assume. Meanwhile Luke assumes he will only stay for five eight money. They are just different opinions in the end.
Exactly. Okay, you're right. Charlie Staines, I thought, and did a lot of others, thought he was as good as gone, however, he re-signed despite pressures from his manager. Charlie made the right call, Matt could do likewise. That said, these non announcements are concerning.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

You don’t think his manager will be having a say? His pay is determined by the size of the contract Matt signs. Matt plays for less, the Manager gets less.

Jane Murray

Bench
You don’t think his manager will be having a say? His pay is determined by the size of the contract Matt signs. Matt plays for less, the Manager gets less.
Luke, at the end of the day the manager is there to guide, and get the best deal for their client, not to sign the actual contract. The final say remains with the player.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Luke, at the end of the day the manager is there to guide, and get the best deal for their client, not to sign the actual contract. The final say remains with the player.

Jane, if I’m a player manager and I’m on Let’s say 10% and I find my client a deal worth 1 million dollars, He decides to take a deal worth 700k, that’s 30grand out of my pocket.

after all my hard work, do you think I’m going to be satisfied with taking 30 grand less?

Jane Murray

Bench
Jane, if I’m a player manager and I’m on Let’s say 10% and I find my client a deal worth 1 million dollars, He decides to take a deal worth 700k, that’s 30grand out of my pocket.

after all my hard work, do you think I’m going to be satisfied with taking 30 grand less?

Luke, I am fully aware of that fact. My God, this is getting old. As I have said before, and I will say this again, it is up to Matt where he decides to play, not his manager.

BxTom

Bench
Luke, I am fully aware of that fact. My God, this is getting old. As I have said before, and I will say this again, it is up to Matt where he decides to play, not his manager.
Not necessarily so. I can't remember who it was, but we lost one player because the manager had the say on what contract was signed. I'm sure someone else will remember the player involved.

Jane Murray

Bench
Not necessarily so. I can't remember who it was, but we lost one player because the manager had the say on what contract was signed. I'm sure someone else will remember the player involved.
Yeah I know that. Also it is up to the player to stand up for himself.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

You’re so right, this is getting old.

Matt has a contract with a player manager, there is a very good chance that the contract sets out how the manager gets paid.

Even a player like Sauce who has openly said on many occasions he doesn’t want to play anywhere else, still had to get a price his manager was happy with.

Its basically how all sports management works.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Charlie Staines greedy manager wanted more. Charlie stayed for less. Sometimes happiness comes before money.
Mansour took less (twice) to stay.

what was Charlie offered? He tested the market, but we have no idea what he was offered.

Gus had to negotiate heavily with Sauces manager to make those deals work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts