What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
How do the V’landys Conquers All Before Him crowd spin a mere coach wrecking a project.

There isn't a person in RL (save the three bogans in here) from players, to coaches, to clubs and supporters that haven't praised Vlandys for the job he had done thus far.

Bennett once again making sure his hatred of the media sees his own interests put ahead of the games.

A chance to showcase the best RL to possibly new audiences and the very people whining about lack of expansion into new markets are now supporting Bennett for saying no to this idea.

Hmmm.

Dodgy

Juniors
I'm from Melbourne. V'landys is good because he can go toe to toe or better in talking smack like the AFL/Media/Victorians can in the "code wars". He will at least keep the AFL media honest.

I suppose he like a type of footy play if he's on your team, you live him. But if he's an opposition player, you think he's the biggest wanker in the game.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Could be wrong here but I can’t recall (our Melbourne friends can help here) Andrew Demetriou or the new guy running their game ever bagging our game. They probably do but I figured they alway let the media to the shit talk for them and they appear to be above it. Thats how I think V’landys should have handled it. I think bagging them is Rothfield level and not becoming of a leader. I like Vlad, think he’s been wonderful for the game in a shitty year. Great organiser. Now I’d like him to step up an be an inspirational leader and unite the country in supporting our great game.
The AFL rarely mentions the NRL or any other competitions.The closest I have heard this season is Gil might say that they ‘won the ratings again’ but they never mention who came second.
On the topic of TV ratings, AFL GF ratings were not as high as expected (3.8m), so with Melbourne in lockdown and our team playing, I reckon tonight might beat that.

Bennett realised a documentary of him swearing at and borderline abusing players (I bet; he is 70) would torpedo his quiet yet stoic public image.
Didn't Justin Hodges say on Fox Sports that Bennett got out of the shower one day at training, stood beside him with his leg up on the stair so that his twig and berries were at eye level, and then spoke to Justin?

Maybe he doesn't want that documented.

Totally. Everybody hates Stefanovic.
Bennett has gone up in my esteem.
It was only a few months ago that Ch9 threatened to walk away from the game if they didn't get a price reduction. Fair enough, COVID-19 buggered everyone around, so I can understand them not being in a position to honour their original deal. But, if they want extra content that wasn't negotiated when the new deal was signed, then they'll need to pay up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nor should he bagging the people of a state where his product is struggling even though their team is consistently good.

nah apparently, according to some on here, it’s a good idea for the leader of the game to bag off your newest customer base and pss of stakeholders who’ve pumped millions into the game, and the game will be reliant on in the future if it ever wants to be a national comp.

typicalfan

Coach
Didn't Justin Hodges say on Fox Sports that Bennett got out of the shower one day at training, stood beside him with his leg up on the stair so that his twig and berries were at eye level, and then spoke to Justin?

Maybe he doesn't want that documented.
Bennett has always been like that with the media, it's his shtick.

Hodges bleats to the media obvious works for Fox Sports. Probably why Hodges got the boot.

nah apparently, according to some on here, it’s a good idea for the leader of the game to bag off your newest customer base and pss of stakeholders who’ve pumped millions into the game, and the game will be reliant on in the future if it ever wants to be a national comp.
Victorians from all walks of life have been slagging off Queenslanders for years.

Back in the 70s my mum encountered some rather hostile Victorians who immigrated to Queensland. They told their kids, in open view of their neighbours, to not talk to "Queenslanders".

My sister met a Victorian while she was living in England, around 20 years ago. They were both getting on well, then when my sister mentioned she's from Brisbane, the Victorian gave her a death stare and walked away.

Melbourne-based sketch shows like Fast Forward and Full Frontal routinely mocked Queenslanders. Sir Joh was made into a caricature and anything he said or did was used to pigeon-hole all Queenslanders as backwards. You wouldn't know about those shows as they were on TV before you left the land of the soapdodger for the land where people drink their beer chilled.

A couple of years ago Victorians were demanding Queensland be kicked out of the Commonwealth because we refused to vote for Bill Shorten and The Greens.

They call us banana benders and rednecks.

So why should I care if PVL gives the snobs a taste of their own medicine?

Styles clash

Juniors
Victorians from all walks of life have been slagging off Queenslanders for years.

Back in the 70s my mum encountered some rather hostile Victorians who immigrated to Queensland. They told their kids, in open view of their neighbours, to not talk to "Queenslanders".

My sister met a Victorian while she was living in England, around 20 years ago. They were both getting on well, then when my sister mentioned she's from Brisbane, the Victorian gave her a death stare and walked away.

Melbourne-based sketch shows like Fast Forward and Full Frontal routinely mocked Queenslanders. Sir Joh was made into a caricature and anything he said or did was used to pigeon-hole all Queenslanders as backwards. You wouldn't know about those shows as they were on TV before you left the land of the soapdodger for the land where people drink their beer chilled.

A couple of years ago Victorians were demanding Queensland be kicked out of the Commonwealth because we refused to vote for Bill Shorten and The Greens.

They call us banana benders and rednecks.

So why should I care if PVL gives the snobs a taste of their own medicine?

If there's Victoria-Queensland animosity, Victorians are oblivious to it. Source: I live in Victoria in 2020 (not 1970).

Edit: lol you call him "Sir Joh". Disliking right wing nut jobs is endemic to all states.

Last edited:
If there's Victoria-Queensland animosity, Victorians are oblivious to it. Source: I live in Victoria in 2020 (not 1970).

Edit: lol you call him "Sir Joh". Disliking right wing nut jobs is endemic to all states.

When Sir Joh was in power Queensland had the best healthcare in the country. Contrast that with left wing Dan Andrews, who has turned Victoria into a third world laughing stock that cannot get through a pandemic.

Latest posts