What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done storm. 5 months away from home, plenty of injuries during the year, refs taking us down to eleven men. Awsome effort lads, very proud of the club. Up the Storm.

Really wished Smith had said “this is for your Victoria, f**k you Vlandys! “

I think Ivan made a massive mistake dropping Nadan out of the side.

I never bought the whole narrative that he was a liability. Plenty of centres let in tries. You don’t change a winning team over a handful of lapses.

Nadan was marking the attacking powerhouse in Brenko Lee.

The worst part is that the Storm were not even that great. They did what had to be done but we were our own worst enemy.

If Penrith turned up to play, they win. Instead we were left wanting.

The penalty try is a try every day of the week.

Mansour’s no try was debatable. Both Lee and Vunivalu committed to Crichton.

Kikau passing back into Kaufusi needed to be challenged. You’re down 16-0. Take a chance. Instead we let Leota piss that one away.

The leg pull penalty was trash.

The ten meter for both sides was non existent
Ruck was terribly slow.
Cams forward passes kill me.

It’s a game of what ifs and what could have been.

That about sums it up.

The Panthers first half was indescribably miserable. No smug at all.

It was bronco-esque

t-ba

Post Whore
Well done storm. 5 months away from home, plenty of injuries during the year, refs taking us down to eleven men. Awsome effort lads, very proud of the club. Up the Storm.

Really wished Smith had said “this is for your Victoria, f**k you Vlandys! “

You've got this fat Greek slob living rent free in your head.

You really need to get that checked up. Do they have brain scanning machines in Perth Yet?

moffla

Bench
Imagine being new to this game and listening to this merkin. You'd be convinced this sport was worse than the Khmer Rouge.
It’s kinda like that in Victoria when Storm play in a big game. Naturally you get some interested armchair supporters tuning in, they get absolutely perplexed by him

stryker

First Grade
Freddy says he made his final decision on origin places based upon tonight...Luai was trash and he has been all finals series. Well done to him.

undertaker

Coach
Since the NRL commenced in 1998, Melbourne or the Sydney Roosters have featured in 17 of the 23 NRL Grand Finals.

I should also add

Since the NRL commenced in 1998, Melbourne or the Sydney Roosters have featured in the Preliminary Finals in 21 of the 23 NRL Seasons (2001/2005 were the only two seasons where they didn't).

Tommy Smith

Referee
On paper this Storm side are not premiers material.
Cap has nothing to do with it.
I disagree.

This Storm GF team had a lethal spine, 3 quality outside backs, a brutal forward pack, plus two absolute weapons and a NSW forward on the bench.

That's a very worthy Premiership team. I know Penrith won 17 in a row but what game's did the Storm lose after the early losses to the Raiders & Penrith?

Away defeats to the Eels and Dragons with about 13 players missing in each game from memory. That's it.

What a team, coach and organisation. Respect.

Munky

Coach
That about sums it up.

The Panthers first half was indescribably miserable. No smug at all.

It was bronco-esque

The first half it just seemed like shit luck, if Crichton steps in to stop the obstruction, the 'knock on' call.

The twenty five minutes after half time were apalling. Penrith were up in the stats (bar score board) at 16 nil down.

They weren't being blown off the park at all, instead they tried to score off every play in the wet.

So f**king dumb.

stryker

First Grade
I disagree.

This Storm GF team had a lethal spine, 3 quality outside backs, a brutal forward pack, plus two absolute weapons and a NSW forward on the bench.

That's a very worthy Premiership team. I know Penrith won 17 in a row but what game's did the Storm lose after the early losses to the Raiders & Penrith?

Away defeats to the Eels and Dragons with about 13 players missing in each game from memory. That's it.

What a team, coach and organisation. Respect.
So you think they are rorting the cap?
We're talking Storm not Roosters

Latest posts