What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
tbh I thought the Storm were f**ked circa 2013-15 when Slater had injury woes and they didn’t make any GFs. Then I thought they were f**ked from 2018 when Slater and Cronk left. The fact they have IMPROVED from 2018 to 2020, through 37 year old Cam Smith and the young guys, is extraordinary.
As long as Smith/Bellamy are there Melbourne will always be strong. Expecting them to drop off though when they both finish. They are the heart and soul of that club.

moffla

Bench
He only started piping up when the Melbourne sin binnings began.
I don’t know why his opinion is respected.
He is very rarely proven correct when he makes predictions.
He built his rep mansplaining the obvious to the audience after the fact.
Total fraud. Suck shit to him forever.
Additionally he must loathe Smith. He proved him wrong for the better part of a decade at Origin Level and many, many times for Melbourne. Pretty funny really.
Yeah one thing worth noting with Gus is that he’s always throwing “bold” predictions out there that never, ever come off...

stryker

First Grade
Yeah one thing worth noting with Gus is that he’s always throwing “bold” predictions out there that never, ever come off...
Yep and he doesn’t do it courageously.
When NSW win game 1 he roars over the other panelists that this side will win the series...”I’ve said they’ll win 3-0 all year” (zero evidence of this). QLD win series 2-1 and he starts crapping on about how he was worried with the way NSW won game 1 and that he had a nagging feeling QLD would come back...We used to piss ourselves laughing up here at his tonal changes and predictions after each game.

It’s good Penrith went down tonight for the fact that he would have stolen the spotlight and taken credit for the title. That would have been unfair to those responsible for their awesome year.
Unfortunately now he is likely to white ant them and point fingers. He is a f**ken piece of shit.

Abacus

Juniors
Haven't read the thread & only seen the game live from behind the deadball line, but well done to the Storm - definitely outsmarted the Panthers.

In attack they were able to dive to the ground on contact & generate ruck speed while in defense they controlled the tackle to slow things down effectively. Panthers found themselves out of their comfort zone & the game was as good as done by half time.

Also acknowledge the Storm having to base themselves away from home in QLD all year. Big effort & congrats on the Premiership.

shear_joy9

Coach
I find it funny all the people saying Cleary had his worst game of the season tonight. That was exactly how he has played every game this year. The difference being Luai and others didn't step up and win them the game.

The guy is just all chin. Most overrated player in history.

This Year?

Immortal
Just finished watching the game and struggled to maintain my attention after the Cameron Smith try. I'm still in shock how the Panthers played like the Dragons for an hour. As soon as they blew their 1st two chances it felt like it wasn't going to be their night and continued to throw the game away. You now joined the illustrious group of clubs that have lost to the Storm in a grand final and I'm absolutely filthy about it.

I hate to think what Cameron Smith and Craig Bellamy are doing with the trophy right now. I'm sure poor Norm has his head buried inside Cam's anus while Arthur is getting his head polished by Bellamy's wrinkled hairy balls.

What a fitting way to end a f**king miserable season. Now watch QLD win the series just to add extra salt.

Get f**ked.

blue bags

First Grade
all scores are preventable, from teamwork, effort, game smarts
lazy efforts in defense, paid the price, didn't cover in d
took the easy options in attack, paid the price, threw floating passé
teammates should of been backing up the markers, cam try
18 points just there, thatz the game
everything tightens up in big games
no time to relax, be lazy

GongPanther

Referee
iu
Could be worse. They aren't the Dogs cheer leaders. Credibility for the Tik-tok dancers.

stryker

First Grade
Just finished watching the game and struggled to maintain my attention after the Cameron Smith try. I'm still in shock how the Panthers played like the Dragons for an hour. As soon as they blew their 1st two chances it felt like it wasn't going to be their night and continued to throw the game away. You now joined the illustrious group of clubs that have lost to the Storm in a grand final and I'm absolutely filthy about it.

I hate to think what Cameron Smith and Craig Bellamy are doing with the trophy right now. I'm sure poor Norm has his head buried inside Cam's anus while Arthur is getting his head polished by Bellamy's wrinkled hairy balls.

What a fitting way to end a f**king miserable season. Now watch QLD win the series just to add extra salt.

Get f**ked.
Haha haha
Cry yourself to sleep?

lazza

Juniors
Gus Gould is insufferable. He said roughly 400 times some version of "I've watched Penrith come from behind a dozen times", as though he were the only one watching those games. Then of course, they didn't. Where was the flabby windbag's chest thumping then? f**k Channel 9 are trash.

agree there but being in the commentary box he’s more of an “entertainer” than being purist. Just trying to keep the avg fan watching to the end.

but yeah wish he’d shut up sometimes

myrrh ken

First Grade
Having a tactical loss in the end of reg season would have sparked some starch and desperation. The fact that they limped home in several games but still won might have given them a false sense of security that they could just do enough to win. Were completely outgunned in the first half.

I'm sure the wind went out of their sails after the penalty try

Latest posts