What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grand Final PENRITH v STORM - 25th October

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ivan lost this game for Penrith, why change Naden and May! The combos were working for 17 weeks, you don’t change a winning team.
Penrith have been an attacking team all year and the last two weeks he has gone defensive and they have looked their worst all year!
Horrible coaching decision, one of BA made I’m sure he would have deathriders everywhere

I was death riding Ivan last week, and again before this grand final on that decision

IFR33K

Coach
It shit me cause we have the plays. And our execution is good. But our game management isn't there.

Marata was our only go forward off bench.

Stones future might be questionable. I like the guy but unless we carry 3 powerfull forwards he has no role.

There’s really not much of a future for small forwards in the game, unless they have a shitload of skill. And quite frankly I haven’t seen anything of ray stone. But under our current system he may play 150 FG games before someone notices he can’t play....

IFR33K

Coach
Ivan lost this game for Penrith, why change Naden and May! The combos were working for 17 weeks, you don’t change a winning team.
Penrith have been an attacking team all year and the last two weeks he has gone defensive and they have looked their worst all year!
Horrible coaching decision, one of BA made I’m sure he would have deathriders everywhere

Ivan lost them the game yet when our super coach f*^ks up he’s glorified here like no other. You’re becoming the biggest nuttt hugger here. Well done.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Gotta keep little nathan happy

hindy111

Post Whore
The game was lost on poor calls.

- Penalty try? Billy Slater made a career on these. That was a knock on.

- Penrith no try. Brenko made wrong call. That was clear.

- Crighton in clear with two on inside. Certain 6. Kikau passed backward into a storm player called knock on.

Then you had the luck factor.

- Storm drop ball hits a panther then Kilau gets it. 9/10 it's called a knock on. But called Penlaty Storm. 2 points.

- Intercept try.

- Cam Smith has ball raked with 4 seconds to go. Its bounce up and he scores. That was as flukey as it gets.

Not one call went Panthers way. Untill it was 26-0.
No luck went Penriths way.

The better side lost. The smarter team won.

84 Baby

Referee

- Crighton in clear with two on inside. Certain 6. Kikau passed backward into a storm player called knock on.

- Storm drop ball hits a panther then Kilau gets it. 9/10 it's called a knock on. But called Penlaty Storm. 2 points.

- Intercept try.

- Cam Smith has ball raked with 4 seconds to go. Its bounce up and he scores. That was as flukey as it gets.

Lol Panfas were camped on Scum line for 20 minutes and all they could come up with was an obstruction and an intercept. They were headless. If we dished that up people would be shitcanning BA and Moses

Gronk

Staff member
Lol Panfas were camped on Scum line for 20 minutes and all they could come up with was an obstruction and an intercept. They were headless. If we dished that up people would be shitcanning BA and Moses
100% imagine this place going into melt down. I can think of a few who would be crowing "that's it, I'm done with this club".

hindy111

Post Whore

Storms defense was awesome. Penrith almost scored 3 x in one set yet they resisted.....

Parra found holes in the Storm. We could of had 6 tries. Defense cost us

hindy111

Post Whore
100% imagine this place going into melt down. I can think of a few who would be crowing "that's it, I'm done with this club".

We had a solid finals campaign.
We should of beat Souths. Shame we lost Naikuore,Fergi,MJ....
I reckon we would of also beat Panthers. Souths where terrible.

And in the wet last night our big middles may of overpowered the Storm. Where Storm that good? Some very lucky tries and reffing calls.
I dont think they played that well compared to their previous two games.

We copped injuries at wrong times.
D.Brown rushed into finals.after being out for 5 weeks also hurt.

Now the two GF sides where both full strength.

Gronk

Staff member
We had a solid finals campaign.
We should of beat Souths. Shame we lost Naikuore,Fergi,MJ....
I reckon we would of also beat Panthers. Souths where terrible.

And in the wet last night our big middles may of overpowered the Storm. Where Storm that good? Some very lucky tries and reffing calls.
I dont think they played that well compared to their previous two games.

We copped injuries at wrong times.
D.Brown rushed into finals.after being out for 5 weeks also hurt.

Now the two GF sides where both full strength.
Deathriders say hi. They want the coach and assistants gorne. Throw Moses in too.

84 Baby

Referee
Storms defense was awesome. Penrith almost scored 3 x in one set yet they resisted.....

Parra found holes in the Storm. We could of had 6 tries. Defense cost us
Almost scoring. Is that how they won 32-20?
Your mob 100% lost because they had no idea in 1st half

Gronk

Staff member
Almost scoring. Is that how they won 32-20?
Your mob 100% lost because they had no idea in 1st half

Because a half who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it is a rare commodity. Storm are lucky that they have Smith who plays hooker/half. We are lucky that we have Gutho if Moses drifts in and out of games as he does.

Cleary is that measured opening batsman who just turns the ball inside and kicks on T5. He leaves it to the flashy players to create points. If the flashy players are overawed or dominated by line speed, the team goes to water. Kikau was the only Penrith player who was creative. Credit to storm, did Penrith's back three even play ?

IFR33K

Coach

- Intercept try.

Ok Gus. Storm repelled them time and time again. The Kikau ‘forward pass’ call was a shocker. But I think every other call was fine. You make your own luck in the GF. Penrith were poor last week and yesterday. The score line flattered them