What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Rich102

Staff member
Talk that Nathan Brown has signed Gold Coast caretaker coach Craig Hodges as an assistant coach along with Justin Morgan and Slade Griffin. Iro moving to a junior role and Stacey thinking about his future.

Diesel

Coach
Who does Iro have dirt on? Somehow he manages to keep himself in a job.
Maybe he cuts a mean orange slice...
I used to think the same, must have photos of someone and like a Cockroach he survives, but I’m thinking I may be wrong as Mark Robinson seems to be in the cutting mood of both on and off field people, even Stacey is taking a break, whether it’s his choice or not, I don’t know but he has Pt Chev and Autex connections so no favourites there

Rich102

Staff member
Could it be we are waiting for Cam Smith to make a decision?
Not to sign him but make an offer to either Brandon Smith or Harry Grant.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yes and no.

If B Smith suddenly became available I'm sure we'd perk up, but as teams get knocked out of the finals there's always evaluation and reviews that change things.

So yes I think we're waiting to see what happens post finals and while we'd be interested in B Smith I don't think it's specifically him we're waiting for rather the usual end of season fallout/dominos.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
If he was available, we’d be in the mix

Hmm I'm not so sure now.
Harry Grant has come out and said if Cam goes around next year, hell be at the Tigers.
Brandon has also said he'd look elsewhere if Cam is there nek year. No way are the Storm going to lose both Brandon and Harry for one more year of Cam.
If I was in Warriors recruitment I'd be telling Brandon that even with no Cam next year, he'd be sharing the spot with Harry, on the money he is now and no Bellamy moving forward.
He's got a chance to come to the Warriors on better coin, we're on the up and the hooking role would be solely his.

JJ

Immortal
That would be one way to destabilise a coach in his first year, draft in a rough 'n' ready, ambitious, recently former head-coach as his assistant.

I doubt there's anything in it - but they're probably mates? Part of the same Dragons era?

JJ

Immortal
If true, strange way for the greatest player I've seen to walk away, but then he's earned the right to do whatever he wants... He's not everyone's cup of tea, but seriously he's unbelievably good...

And they have Harry Grant to walk in, that's how to run a club!

Rich102

Staff member
Melbourne plan to resolve Cameron Smith's NRL future this weekend after being kept in the dark despite the skipper making a flying visit to the Victorian capital.

Smith was in Storm territory for the first time since the club was forced to relocate to Queensland in May for the 2020 NRL season due to Covid-19 in Melbourne.

He appeared at a marathon signing session of his autobiography at a bookstore but didn't make time to talk to any Melbourne club officials.

Smith also refused to take any questions from the media.
Instead, Storm chairman Matt Tripp is set to fly to Queensland this weekend to meet with the long-time captain to get a final answer.

With Smith out of contract and having bought a house on the Gold Coast, the Storm have already removed the 37-year-old from the club website.

Storm part owner and director Ryan said, while he hadn't heard a final decision, he'd put money on Melbourne's grand final triumph being Smith's last match.

"Cameron hasn't come out and said to us. I think he's holding the meeting at bay," Ryan told SEN radio.

"So, no, he's played his last game at Melbourne and I think he'll retire.

"The great man, I think he's realised it's time to hang the boots up, and what a great career."

Ryan said they wanted to keep Smith involved in the club in an advisor capacity although expected he had a similar offer from Brisbane.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/women-in-sport
He also thought the two Queensland AFL clubs would chase Smith to work in a leadership role.

Tripp is also hoping to meet with Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy, who has stayed on in Queensland after the Storm relocated there for the season.

Bellamy has a coaching director offer from Brisbane for 2022, at the end of his Melbourne contract.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...torm-seeking-final-closure-from-cameron-smith

Latest posts