What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
You can’t ban it. It’s decentralized and nobody knows who started it.

Avenger = Seen an opportunity and took it.
Pou= Seen a risky investment and opted against.

This all could be based on ones own commitments and finacial situation as to what risks are and can be taken.
I thought bitcoin was a good risk. But I wasnt prepared to lose my money.

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger = Seen an opportunity and took it.
Pou= Seen a risky investment and opted against.

This all could be based on ones own commitments and finacial situation as to what risks are and can be taken.
I thought bitcoin was a good risk. But I wasnt prepared to lose my money.
I’m just lucky but Pou is a little conservative and equally argumentative.

He said the same thing about the arse falling out of the Sydney market when I bought that apartment in Newtown in 2013.

Wrong again, Pou.

strider

Post Whore

He said the same thing about the arse falling out of the Sydney market when I bought that apartment in Newtown in 2013.

Wrong again, Pou.
The thing I don't get about bitcoin is how it stays dominant when there are dozens of cryptos .... and surely all it would take is some big tech player with plenty of support (eg facebook, amazon, microsoft, etc) to make an alternative to bring bitcoin down somewhat?

Avenger

Immortal
The thing I don't get about bitcoin is how it stays dominant when there are dozens of cryptos .... and surely all it would take is some big tech player with plenty of support (eg facebook, amazon, microsoft, etc) to make an alternative to bring bitcoin down somewhat?
Because it’s the American dollar of cryptos. Everything is pegged to it. And its founder is anonymous so it can’t be shutdown. It’s also finite. Only 21 million can ever be mined and the last one should be mined in 2140. It’s going nowhere.

More chance of trying to turn off the Internet.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore

Wrong again, Pou.

Winners make their own luck.
But don't gloat. Your situation mate make it easier to cop a loss then others.
And people will always defend their own choices.
Plenty told me that my recent purchase is going to drop a whole heap too.
But what's the alternative? Pay rent. Plenty comes down to luck and timing. Nobody knows the market. Even the experts.

Avenger

Immortal
Winners make their own luck.
But don't gloat. Your situation mate make it easier to cop a loss then others.
And people will always defend their own choices.
Plenty told me that my recent purchase is going to drop a whole heap too.
But what's the alternative? Pay rent. Plenty comes down to luck and timing. Nobody knows the market. Even the experts.
Like I said, I’m lucky. The worst investment decision I ever made was buying a unit off the plan in Cronulla in the late 90’s.

Never made a worse decision, sold it 8 years later and made bugger all. Should have bought in the inner west. That’s gold and the only place I now invest in.