What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DON’T. BLOW. KISSES. And other karma tales

A few I can think of:

- Knights couldn't beat Manly for years. They lost something like 11 times in a row against a star-studded Manly team in the 90's. But then came the '97 GF...

- Tigers v Panthers, 2000. Hopoate scores to take them up 31-8 and then does a WWF post-try celebration with a shove on Matt Adamson. Nek minnit Penrith romp home to pip the Tigers 32-31

- Sharks give John Lang the boot to make way for Chris Anderson, supposed to be the missing link to bring that long-awaited Premiership to the Shire. In the process they also dump (amongst other Sharks favourites) Martin Lang and Preston Campbell. Both the Langs and Preston head out to Penrith and just 2 seasons later win the Premiership

- Josh McGuire's infamous "winners have parties, losers have meetings" Tweet.

- All the years that the Broncos would romp up to Townsville, beat the Cowboys and strut around like they owned the place. Repeated the mantra that they were the team every kid in Qld wanted to play for while a large number of their fanbase arrogantly gave it to Cowboys (and to a lesser extent, GC) fans for supporting rubbish football teams. Skip forward to 2020 and the Cowboys are responsible for handing Brisbane their first ever GF defeat and their first ever wooden spoon. Meanwhile the Titans are the #1 side in Qld and look to be even better next season

Mundine calling the 99 Storm undeserving premiers. Nek minnet the Storm put 70 on the Dragons

Hutty1986

Immortal
Richie Williams calling Braith Anasta past it, when Bwaiff was in fact, always shit.
But luckily for Anasta, Williams was a truly dogshit footballer and the Dragons were (/are) a truly gutless rabble and got promptly smashed that weekend.

GongPanther

Referee
Massive choke. Lets be honest Storm getting loose and refs intervening made it exciting at end but for 65minutes they weren't in it. I thought we would have to play really well to beat them, in end we played pretty crap, certainly one of the worse games for a while, and they just imploded under the spotlight. They are a better team than they showed last night and they will be kicking themselves this morning. Meanwhile the Cheese is probably still sculling somewhere :)

Back to the OP, Kiwi Willie Mason dissing the Haka then getting hammered was pretty good karma lol
A massive choke is a 40-0 GF scoreline. We were far from a choke when we won the 2nd half 20-4.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought Hughes was harsh. Not wrong per se, but harsh. He planted his feet and just leant a bit, not like he moved himself across his path. Still winners are grinners :)

Chimp

Juniors
I thought Hughes was harsh. Not wrong per se, but harsh. He planted his feet and just leant a bit, not like he moved himself across his path. Still winners are grinners :)
I thought the same, I thought rather than moving across his path, he actually slowed down his run and braced for impact - the rule isn’t that he has to get out of the way. Either way, it was a 50/50 call, and as such, should have been penalty sufficient - it wasn’t clear cut enough to warrant 10 mins, but the refs were looking for a way to balance the ledger.

Generalzod

Immortal
I thought the same, I thought rather than moving across his path, he actually slowed down his run and braced for impact - the rule isn’t that he has to get out of the way. Either way, it was a 50/50 call, and as such, should have been penalty sufficient - it wasn’t clear cut enough to warrant 10 mins, but the refs were looking for a way to balance the ledger.
Rubbish you can see he was changing his trajectory nothing to do with bracing for impact...

jk13

First Grade
I will always remember who came second this year, the salt and the inability of gus to toot his horn was delicious. Screw Ivan, this karma was on bee sting head

Fangs

Coach
One for the Panthers fans: do you reckon the week off f**ked with their momentum? They haven't looked the same side after that break.

I don't think so. They played a different style of football. Moved away from the basics and destroying the middle third of the field to trying their hand in attack way too often.

Roosters game can be forgiven as we were playing from behind. But all 3 finals games were managed very poorly by the halves, particularly Nathan Cleary. We didn't build any pressure and this side was the best at doing that by a long way in 2020.

EDIT: So, inexperience in big games/coaching. Something is up.