What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Now the season is over, other than origin, I expect we will shortly announce a lot of re-signings of most if not all those coming off contract.

I don’t expect too many new signings other than one or two minimum wage back up players.

As many have pointed out we perhaps have to address our lack of pace in the back line as at least one area we need to address going into next season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Naden is a good solid player but is a winger and we need a centre

Maybe, I thought he was fine for us and will continue to be assuming he stays with us.

In my opinion, my opinion only, he should never have been dropped for May who is clearly not a centre.

Anyway it is all academic now I still believe Naden is worth persevering with. Love his passion, commitment and he has some really strong attributes which for whatever reason our head coach lost sight off when it mattered most.

franklin2323

Immortal
Maybe, I thought he was fine for us and will continue to be assuming he stays with us.

In my opinion, my opinion only, he should never have been dropped for May who is clearly not a centre.

Anyway it is all academic now I still believe Naden is worth persevering with. Love his passion, commitment and he has some really strong attributes which for whatever reason our head coach lost sight off when it mattered most.

The issue was as many of us said pre season. Outside backs were a concern and ended up being the case

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I agree. Naden should have started both the Prelim and the GF

Kilkenny

Coach
The issue was as many of us said pre season. Outside backs were a concern and ended up being the case

The outside backs have been a concern for years.

Lack of real speed/pace has been an issue and it wasn’t the reason we lost on Sunday night.

We just didn’t play anywhere near our best, it’s that simple.

When it mattered most we just didn’t do what we had done for the entire season.

It happens, it did.

We had a great season way beyond all expectations.

Very proud of what we achieved overall and it is no disgrace to get beaten by a very accomplished well coached side.

MrBlack

Juniors
As a bargin priced player, Dale Copley has just been released by the Titans.

this is the sort of player i would see us signing. Has experience.

not my first choice, but the type of player i would expect us to sign.

Fangs

Coach
As a bargin priced player, Dale Copley has just been released by the Titans.

this is the sort of player i would see us signing. Has experience.

not my first choice, but the type of player i would expect us to sign.

Can be a liability in defence but yes he would be worth looking at.

WestyLife

First Grade
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/a30979939b8978ebdc19e50efc4e48bf

NRL 2020: Bulldogs target Isaah Yeo, Stephen Crichton after Kyle Flanagan signing

Matt Burton is already a key target, and now Canterbury has drawn up a Panthers priority list which includes NSW State of Origin stars Stephen Crichton and Isaah Yeo.

It comes after the Bulldogs signed Penrith assistant Trent Barrett as head coach and aggressive Panthers forward Jack Hetherington.

While Burton is Canterbury’s main choice, the Bulldogs are closely monitoring Crichton and Yeo, who come off contract after next season.

The developments come as Canterbury confirmed the signing of Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan to a three-year deal. A Burton-Flanagan halves combination could potentially lift Canterbury into a top eight contender.

All NRL players coming off contract after next season can be officially approached from this Sunday.

Should they sign Burton, Canterbury hope he may arrive for next season although there is no indication Penrith would offer an early release.

The Daily Telegraph has also learnt Melbourne, North Queensland and Wests Tigers have an interest in Burton. Barrett was at Canterbury’s Belmore headquarters on Monday but after a long year at Penrith has taken a week’s holiday. He has a strong relationship with all Panthers players. Penrith has the most talent of any NRL club coming off contract after next year, including Burton, Crichton, Yeo, Jarome Luai, Kurt Capewell, Mitch Kenny, Spencer Leniu, Brent Naden, Josh Mansour and Zane Tetevano.

Yeo and Crichton could command salaries of between $500,000 and $600,000 a season. The Panthers are desperately hoping to retain all their grand finals stars.

Crichton’s brother, Bulldogs winger, Christian, comes off contract at Belmore after next season. While wanting to be strategic, Canterbury will have some cash to splash for 2022. Other NRL star players coming off after next season include Kotoni Staggs, Dale Finucane, Jahrome Hughes, Mitchell Pearce, Nathan Brown, Blake Ferguson, Maika Sivo, Jarome Luai, Dane Gagai, Adam Reynolds, Junior Tatola, Cameron McInnes, Corey Norman, Angus Crichton, James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou and David Nofoaluma,

They can receive offers from midnight on Sunday. Tedesco is shortly expected to announce a new five-year, $6m deal at Bondi.

Canterbury remains hopeful but not overly confident of signing Melbourne and NSW star Josh Addo-Carr. The club is insisting they have not yet made him an offer.

Addo-Carr is attracted to South Sydney but would be unable to play his preferred fullback spot at Redfern because of good mate, Latrell Mitchell. Wests Tigers also remain a chance of signing Addo-Carr.

Barrett is a huge fan of Addo-Carr. All negotiations have been delayed given Addo-Carr will be in NSW camp for the next four weeks.

Canterbury confirmed 22-year-old Flanagan’s signing on Tuesday morning.

“Kyle is a quality all-round footballer, who will bring game management and a strong kicking component to our halves, as well as having the potential to grow as a player under Trent Barrett and his coaching staff,” said Bulldogs CEO, Andrew Hill.

“We are putting together a squad that has the right qualities and everyone is excited about getting back together for the pre-season in what we believe is a new beginning for the club. We can’t wait for Kyle to be a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.