What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripster

Juniors
I think another thing to bear in mind that is possibly being overlooked is the effect of a big crowd. Most of the season we played in front of empty or mostly empty stadiums. For half of the season the crowd noise only existed on TV (Fox was playing canned crowd noise to help create atmosphere).

For younger players in particular getting out on the field and playing in front of a roaring crowd makes it harder to focus on the game, creates additional nerves, elevates emotions, etc. I appreciate 40,000 at ANZ is far short of capacity but it still creates an atmosphere that contributes to those things. I suspect that also played its part in why we were so frenzied and didn't have the same calm composure we had in the rest of the season.

Bob

Juniors
No surprises there. Maybe MWZ should head to the Bulldogs :D they seem to have a liking for our players. Bought not bred.

Shame McGrady had a bad run with injuries. Pat Hollis too. He always had a go and kept trying.
I assume Dean Blore is gone too?
Throw in mid season departures of Cartwright , Ellis and Shawn Blore and we have lost a few members of our top 30 this year.
A few juniors will enter and maybe a few minor purchases.
Dean Blore signed with the dogs

I'd go a 6/10

The good thing is he owned the performance. Hopefully he learns from it

He also said he’d throw the pass that led to an intercept again. You can’t throw long passes like that unless they’re a bullet or the attacking line is staggered deep. Also when you’re down 10-0 it’s not the time for chances like that.

franklin2323

Immortal
He also said he’d throw the pass that led to an intercept again. You can’t throw long passes like that unless they’re a bullet or the attacking line is staggered deep. Also when you’re down 10-0 it’s not the time for chances like that.

Hopefully it was said in the heat of the moment. Was a very low % play. Vunivalu is a tall winger was a very low play better off rolling it ingoal and go again as we would of done during the season

franklin2323

Immortal
Hmm, I think with someone like him he can actually be more effective if he has a rest.

I said back when Hook was blasted ( In the media too ) that Kikau should come off the bench. He would be more effective with that but the lack of strike elsewhere particularly the right would be behind it.

We used him better this year than last. Hopefully soon enough we find the best way to use him

Smug Panther

First Grade
I said back when Hook was blasted ( In the media too ) that Kikau should come off the bench. He would be more effective with that but the lack of strike elsewhere particularly the right would be behind it.

We used him better this year than last. Hopefully soon enough we find the best way to use him
I think the middle might be best but we are pretty stacked there.

WestyLife

First Grade

Hopefully it was said in the heat of the moment. Was a very low % play. Vunivalu is a tall winger was a very low play better off rolling it ingoal and go again as we would of done during the season

That pass is the one thing I'll stand my ground on. He cleared the centre who rushed and Vunivalu sprinted 20m and jumped on Crichton's shoulders for the catch. It's a one in a million intercept you'll never see most wingers attempt because they're not crazy like Vunivalu.

Edit: it was good vision and decision making from Cleary ruined by freak talent and risk taking by the Winger.

Last edited:
That pass is the one thing I'll stand my ground on. He cleared the centre who rushed and Vunivalu sprinted 20m and jumped on Crichton's shoulders for the catch. It's a one in a million intercept you'll never see most wingers attempt because they're not crazy like Vunivalu.

Edit: it was good vision and decision making from Cleary ruined by freak talent and risk taking by the Winger.

The pass was a total floater, it was begging to be intercepted. Yeah maybe only a tall winger could do it, but by floating in the air it gave him so much time to get to the ball. If you’re passing long distance it’s got to be quick.

I know Nathan didn't play his best on Sunday night but you have to remember that he is still only 22 years old. He will learn from this as he has continue to learn throughout his career. He will comeback better next season.

I don’t get the talk about his age, he’s played 100 FG games and 5 origins. That’s much more relevant than only being 22.

I’m not totally down on him, he improved a lot this season, so he can probably improve again. But he’s gotta step up in big games.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t get the talk about his age, he’s played 100 FG games and 5 origins. That’s much more relevant than only being 22.

I’m not totally down on him, he improved a lot this season, so he can probably improve again. But he’s gotta step up in big games.

And what is he at a 60% win rate? That is good but not very good if we can't get a couple of premierships in there

franklin2323

Immortal

They would of watched the tape. How many times would that move of been successfully done v Melbourne? Vunivalu is 192cm tall even if he doesn't take it. He will knock it down so it was a poor pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts