What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfa

Juniors
I would have offloaded whare before mcgrady.Zelezniak had to go hollis was a bit on the old side for a rookie 1st grader.Tamou was getting too slow but hetherington we should have kept.Hopefully we can resign burton yeo chrichton now with letting these guys and aekins go.Have to get burton into the starting side next season either centre or lock.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t get the talk about his age, he’s played 100 FG games and 5 origins. That’s much more relevant than only being 22.

I’m not totally down on him, he improved a lot this season, so he can probably improve again. But he’s gotta step up in big games.

I don’t get the fact you are down on Nathan. He did his best, we did our best it wasn’t good enough on the night. Suck it up like the rest of us. We are proud of Nathan, we are proud of our team and we had a fantastic season.

Could you not just be positive for once in your life and acknowledge a great season overall and spare us the personal attacks on certain players, individuals etc.

We are all well aware we didn’t perform to our best on the night but that doesn’t detract from what was a great season and we don’t really need you banging on about Nathan or any of our other players who I’m sure will still be feeling the pain along with our supporters.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The pass was a total floater, it was begging to be intercepted. Yeah maybe only a tall winger could do it, but by floating in the air it gave him so much time to get to the ball. If you’re passing long distance it’s got to be quick.

The decision to pass was a good one (Cleary said that in the interview since). Cleary admited that the pass was poorly executed (Cleary's words not mine) 'I saw it I just didn't execute it well enough.'

Kilkenny

Coach
He also said he’d throw the pass that led to an intercept again. You can’t throw long passes like that unless they’re a bullet or the attacking line is staggered deep. Also when you’re down 10-0 it’s not the time for chances like that.

Get over it. It’s history now. It happened. For the most of us we accepted it and moved on why do you feel the need to bang on about it?????

Kilkenny

Coach
I see Fox Sports have released a article confirming what we already know around the fact Tamou, Hetherington and Aekins are leaving but also MWZ, Brayden McGrady and Pat Hollis will not be with us in 2021.

I’m confident we should be able to keep most if not all of our off contract stars despite certain articles in the press not least being the Daily Telegraph.

The_Frog

First Grade
No, I don’t include week 1 as being the big stage. Knockout games or origin. He played pretty well against Souths but it wasn’t dominant.

You’re being paid the big bucks you have to dominate the big occasions. All I’m saying is it’s something he needs to improve on.
Nathan rated 9.5 vs the Roosters and 7.9 against the Rabbitohs (average among those who submitted ratings). These are good scores in anyone's language. I gave him 6 in the GF. We lost the game and the Storm found a way to nullify him. I don't believe it was a poor performance but well below his best. Tried hard. Maybe I was a bit harsh.

Whino

Bench
Sunday’s Grand Final loss may be even tougher for veteran Panthers winger Josh Mansour. Everything I’m hearing points to ‘Sauce’ leaving the club before the start of next season, with Charlie Staines the favourite to take his wing spot in 2021. 30-year-old Mansour is still contracted to Penrith next season but he may find a longer term deal elsewhere given the writing is on the wall at Penrith.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2020/10/masked-panther-sauces-last-dance/

Exsilium

First Grade
Heres my two cents.

Crichton - I cant see him going anywhere but if he is going to stay, we need more involvement from him. He’s a big body and he needs to do more work out of our half. He will improve but this next deal shouldn’t break the bank.

Burton - His starting spot for next year depends on several things. Does Nadan leave? If he does, will IC slot May there and put him on the bench or will IC let him have a crack at centre. Who knows but he’s too good to not have in the side.

Whare - I can see Barrett taking a punt on him as part of the rebuild at the Bulldogs. Here’s hoping.

Staines - Needs a wing spot. Latest is that Mansour will leave in the off season. Could be another pick up for a club in need of experience and professionalism.

Props, we need them. Not much on the market but it’s always open season on the player market this time of year.

We can’t underestimate what Tamou brought this side and need to replace some of that experience. He was as good a captain as you’ll get but we need an older, level head.

Even if it all falls into place, we’re a marked team next year and this will show us how much of this season was IC and how much was the support staff.

The assistant signing is key to our prolonged success. Not sure who steps up.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Sunday’s Grand Final loss may be even tougher for veteran Panthers winger Josh Mansour. Everything I’m hearing points to ‘Sauce’ leaving the club before the start of next season, with Charlie Staines the favourite to take his wing spot in 2021. 30-year-old Mansour is still contracted to Penrith next season but he may find a longer term deal elsewhere given the writing is on the wall at Penrith.

Harsh but the right move. Shame we couldn't send him out a winner

WestyLife

First Grade

It's bitter sweet. Needs to happen but Mansour is one of the most loved players.

Whino

Bench
Heres my two cents.

Crichton - I cant see him going anywhere but if he is going to stay, we need more involvement from him. He’s a big body and he needs to do more work out of our half. He will improve but this next deal shouldn’t break the bank.

Burton - His starting spot for next year depends on several things. Does Nadan leave? If he does, will IC slot May there and put him on the bench or will IC let him have a crack at centre. Who knows but he’s too good to not have in the side.

Whare - I can see Barrett taking a punt on him as part of the rebuild at the Bulldogs. Here’s hoping.

Staines - Needs a wing spot. Latest is that Mansour will leave in the off season. Could be another pick up for a club in need of experience and professionalism.

Props, we need them. Not much on the market but it’s always open season on the player market this time of year.

We can’t underestimate what Tamou brought this side and need to replace some of that experience. He was as good a captain as you’ll get but we need an older, level head.

Even if it all falls into place, we’re a marked team next year and this will show us how much of this season was IC and how much was the support staff.

The assistant signing is key to our prolonged success. Not sure who steps up.

Rumours are Andrew Webster from the Tigers will be the assistant.

Frankus

Juniors
Gosh or gosh this forum hosts some nasayers. The team came 2nd overall after loosing (narrowly) the grandfinal.

After reading some of the posts I felt sure I'd slept through the season and Penrith didn't make the 8.
Hahaha, it's the usual suspects Alice. It is why I took a long hiatus from this forum, the negativity of some individuals on here is unreal.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hahaha, it's the usual suspects Alice. It is why I took a long hiatus from this forum, the negativity of some individuals on here is unreal.

Go for the pile in why don't you ?

Like everyone else I am expressing my opinion.

But of course Frankus according to you (and some others) that's not allowed.

soc123_au

Staff member
Go for the pile in why don't you ?

Like everyone else I am expressing my opinion.

But of course Frankus according to you (and some others) that's not allowed.
I think he was sticking up for you.

Seriously people, the sensitivity in here is making me lactate. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one & is entitled to it. Stop taking everything as an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts