What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If he is on minimum wage, how big a problem can it be?
He was run out of Penrith and the lowly Titans couldn’t wait to see the back of him.

I’ve seen him in games move out of the way of the opposition . I don’t care what he’s on a bloke like him is poison to a team and to its culture. He’s the sort of bloke you would keep away from your juniors you don’t want them infected.

And people complain about blokes like Hayne and Norman and blamed them for Bea Arthur’s spoon lol.

Haynzy

First Grade
Have we ever had a no dickheads policy?
Edwards
Hayne
Wicks
Fergo
Norman

I know, I was being facaetious.
I also think you're being a bit rough on Wicks there. I don't think he was ever classed a dickhead, he made a stupid mistake. Even Fergo had settled down by the time we signed him. If we're including Wicks, we probably need to include Ma'u.

He was run out of Penrith and the lowly Titans couldn’t wait to see the back of him.

I’ve seen him in games move out of the way of the opposition . I don’t care what he’s on a bloke like him is poison to a team and to its culture. He’s the sort of bloke you would keep away from your juniors you don’t want them infected.

And people complain about blokes like Hayne and Norman and blamed them for Bea Arthur’s spoon lol.
Well you changed your mind quick.

It's alright mate. I'll keep this post in the locker til next year (like last year's one about Davey).

Avenger

Immortal
How many clubs could fill a roster without them?

He's on minimum wage for 1-year. Even if you have to sack him it's not a disaster. On the other hand, if he has grown up somewhat (which young blokes occasionally do) you've got a talented bloke with a big body on the cheap.
I get your point mate, I just think he’s a knob. If you look back I also said the same about Michael Jennings when he came and had similar reservations even though MJ only really had one poor season.

This waiting around for him and the B sample is dumb. As soon as it’s positive he should be sacked. No waiting around for appeals.

I get your point mate, I just think he’s a knob. If you look back I also said the same about Michael Jennings when he came and had similar reservations even though MJ only really had one poor season.

This waiting around for him and the B sample is dumb. As soon as it’s positive he should be sacked. No waiting around for appeals.

Oh, I agree......he does appear to be a knob. I don't think I'll take him out for a drink just yet.

Re Jennings....the club can't fire him yet, because until his B sample is tested he has not committed an offence. The B sample is not an appeal per so, it's part of the process (given that he has exercised his right to have it tested). They can fire him after it comes in if they want, even if he intends to lodge an appeal after that.

oldmancraigy

Coach

no.gif

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If it’s anything but, he could be disruptive to the squad.

maybe a few years ago, but reckon now our squad has a few leaders / stronger culture where any crap wouIdn’t be accepted. In the early days with us, he will know what the expectations/standards are.

Reckon worse case scenario is he quits during the pre season as it’s to “hard” or he just doesn’t play well enough and spends the year in NSW cup.

hindy111

Post Whore
What a silly signing.

Why? I mean this guy was talked as a potential tial origin player a few years back. He was then paid 500k. He is big strong and can ball play.
Of course at 500k it's a waste but I'd say we picked him up for under 200k. Get him right and we have a 500k boom 2nd rower. Worse case we have a bench back up.