What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO Doco ruined by Bennett

Spot On

Coach
People in here get sand in their vajayjay when V'landys keeps his foot on the throat of the sport that has been allowed to infiltrate once strong league areas and recruit its juniors.... so I'd expect those same supporters of this great game will unleash on Bennett for preventing such a wonderful advertisement for RL from reaching a new audience.

Homoman69 - can you please post the above in the V'landys thread too.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Bennett should not have been consulted about the idea, he should have been told that it was going to happen.

Among our bigger problems in rugby league, selling the game to new audiences as well as our own fans has always been a big one.

US sports spend a big part of their week promoting the game. I personally think their media requirements are too heavy but it is better than NRL with zero requirements really in comparison. AFL also craps all over us when it comes to media work.
NRL (for its popularity) does very little in terms of media exposure. As rusted on fans, we really don't give much of a stuff about that as we will continue to consume the game. For those fringe fans and new audiences, media is everything in regards to drawing new fans in. An ESPN style documentary on our best standard product (Origin) would do absolute wonders in terms of getting our product out there for new audiences. I have watched quite a few sport documentaries which I found extremely interesting, even though I don't necessarily follow the sport. NFL docos help spark an interest in me about the game.

A big opportunity wasted....hope it happens sometime down the track.

redVinme

Juniors
Bennett should not have been consulted about the idea, he should have been told that it was going to happen.

Among our bigger problems in rugby league, selling the game to new audiences as well as our own fans has always been a big one.

US sports spend a big part of their week promoting the game. I personally think their media requirements are too heavy but it is better than NRL with zero requirements really in comparison. AFL also craps all over us when it comes to media work.
NRL (for its popularity) does very little in terms of media exposure. As rusted on fans, we really don't give much of a stuff about that as we will continue to consume the game. For those fringe fans and new audiences, media is everything in regards to drawing new fans in. An ESPN style documentary on our best standard product (Origin) would do absolute wonders in terms of getting our product out there for new audiences. I have watched quite a few sport documentaries which I found extremely interesting, even though I don't necessarily follow the sport. NFL docos help spark an interest in me about the game.

A big opportunity wasted....hope it happens sometime down the track.

Agreed. Especially due to the fact he was parachuted into the role. He should have been told it was a condition of being appointed. Huge opportunity wasted.

redVinme

Juniors
Agreed. Especially due to the fact he was parachuted into the role. He should have been told it was a condition of being appointed. Huge opportunity wasted.

Also doubt there would of been an issue if it was QLD going for 3 straight.. Smacks of ego and not wanting to look like a loser should it go that way

moffla

Bench
f**king Wayne. Glad it didn't happen this year though. Hoping it happens next year with full stadiums and a QLD coach who isn't a bitter sultana.

Danish

Referee
World class merkin acts merkiny. Big shock.

At least we’ll all take Greta joy in watching Bennett get his origin record destroyed

Big Pete

Referee
If this was 2017 then I could understand the uproar, but we don't even know if this Queensland team is even worth documenting just yet. So many guys are being tossed into the deep end and this is far from a traditional Origin series.

DeeJ

Bench
It's a very young and inexperienced team who probably don't need the distraction of a full time media crew in their camp 24/7.

It's a very young and inexperienced team who probably don't need the distraction of a full time media crew in their camp 24/7.
What a weak excuse

The NFL do this in their preseason, Hard Knocks, and it generally focuses on the rookies and guys new to the team. Doesnt do them any harm

shear_joy9

Coach
it's funny how some have said this was a great move by bennett to take some pressure off the side when in reality it's just wayne being a bitter selfish prick. He doesn't want the world to find out his half-time talks are just two words to the team "play better" and his motivational chats are just a pat on the back.