What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yes. To put a positive spin on it maybe he's better at attack than defence so he will show his true worth here?

Well he was our defensive coach under Jason Taylor when we were horrible in defence but great in attack. Then when Cleary came he switched to attacking coach, when went to scoring at will to looking completely clueless. Maguire then switched him back to defensive coach and we now hold the record for the most consecutive games conceding 28+ points in the NRL era

WestyLife

First Grade
Well he was our defensive coach under Jason Taylor when we were horrible in defence but great in attack. Then when Cleary came he switched to attacking coach, when went to scoring at will to looking completely clueless. Maguire then switched him back to defensive coach and we now hold the record for the most consecutive games conceding 28+ points in the NRL era

giphy.gif

Vic Mackey

Referee
Happy for Eisenhuth. I doubt he’ll make your full strength 17 but as back up props/locks go he’s better then most. Had a very strong second half of the year which would have made me happy to keep him but could also see the sense in moving him on. Hope he goes well.

As for R Jennings. Well I hope for your sake you have precious little injuries in your backs because he will have you screaming for Adrian Purtell back. Some uneducated fans saying how good he was for souths lol, I suggest you watch his tries. Let me know which ones you think Royce Simmons wouldn’t have scored

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/15/all-of-robert-jennings-tries-from-2018/

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think Capewell has been a poor signing - what did he do this year?

He was consistently solid, particularly in defence, in every game he played. He’s not a super star, but he’s certainly a Gavin Cooper style player that will never let you down.

This is why he made the state of origin team.

Great signing needs to be extended.

I’m particularly concerned about the Andrew Webster appointment.

WestyLife

First Grade
Happy for Eisenhuth. I doubt he’ll make your full strength 17 but as back up props/locks go he’s better then most. Had a very strong second half of the year which would have made me happy to keep him but could also see the sense in moving him on. Hope he goes well.

As for R Jennings. Well I hope for your sake you have precious little injuries in your backs because he will have you screaming for Adrian Purtell back. Some uneducated fans saying how good he was for souths lol, I suggest you watch his tries. Let me know which ones you think Royce Simmons wouldn’t have scored

Any team with that many injuries best pray to their dear and fluffy Lord.

I’m particularly concerned about the Andrew Webster appointment.

It's not building the confidence at all.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

In saying all about Robert Jennings.

I have a mate who is well known for having some solid footy thoughts a couple of years ago he rated Robert the best of all the Jennings boys.

This bloke generally is on the money. Sounds like after leaving Souths Robert perhaps got into some bad ways.

I'm sure he's almost on min wage, and is wanting to as he said 'hit the re=start button'. Robert will be behind Naden, Sauce, Critta, Whare, Bizza, Laurie and Staines in the pecking order. If he can get back to where he was a couple of years ago, it will be a solid depth signing.

Blokes with speed like Jennings don't lose speed (unless it's by injury). Speed isn't coachable.

Reagarding Webester 12 months almost to the day Penrith folks were moaning about Barrett being brought back in as speed coach. I wonder where those folks are now.

I'll wait and see what Webster brings to the table before claiming he's aactsdud. Penrith is chocked full of talent and passion. Not a boast just facts.

I'll comment mid year

Wasn't he their defence coach?

According to this came back to the Tigers to work on edge defence with Paul Stringer doing middle defence.

"I'm going to specifically be doing a lot of work with the edge defence this year, and just our system in defence on an entire basis. I'll be working closely with Paul Stringer who's going to be doing work with the middles, and we'll tie our systems in together so we're on the same page.

"We want to make sure that with our defence, first of all, we improve.
"But we also want to make sure that we don't want the really good things that are there in our system to disappear — we just want to tighten them up and make them better.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/11/18/meet-the-coaches-andrew-webster/

Probably took on a greater role later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts