What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

CAFPOW

Juniors
A player like JAC you dont pass up if he wants to be at the club.

Moga - 4 knee re-cons - he wont last the season.
Burns - walking health insurance claim - has he played a full season yet without being injured for the season/finals?
Milne - question marks
Marsters - seems like Wayne lost faith in him
Paulo - yeah, but still green.
Cartwright - he's not a true centre
Roberts - is being let go.

Thats our depth. You wanna trust in that given how many injuries our backline suffered this past season?

Sweet Christmas! I think that is a list of Souths players waiting for
beds in the hospital for next season. I read Milne is injury prone as
well.

Galeforce

Bench
NRL.com reporting Josh Mansour has been told he's free to leave. Very few players better at coming out of their own end than Mansour. Would strengthen Souths a lot imo.

No thanks, we should not have let him go , however , no way should we consider him now.......when Panthers basically do not want him.

callmack1

Staff member

Travitoh

First Grade
No thanks, we should not have let him go , however , no way should we consider him now.......when Panthers basically do not want him.

If Souths took that attitude in recruitment they wouldn't have Latrell, Cody or Cook amongst others.
Mansour has been surpassed at Penrith by younger options in To'o and Staines. If it wasn't for them coming through, he wouldn't be available.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Sweet Christmas! I think that is a list of Souths players waiting for
beds in the hospital for next season. I read Milne is injury prone as
well.
I know right?
If this is our backup backline, and we intend on being serious contenders for the title next season, God help us because it ain't gonna happen.

Have we suddenly become no-frills K-Mart shoppers?

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Personally, if we can't get Addo-Carr, I'd consider Mansour at the right price.

Officials confident 2021 World Cup will proceed despite UK lockdown: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/02...1-world-cup-will-proceed-despite-uk-lockdown/

Addo-Carr addresses contract speculation: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/02/addo-carr-addresses-contract-speculation/

Say Wot Episode Two: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/11/02/say-wot-episode-two/
Danny Weidler:
"Is there any truth to the rumour that you have signed an intention to agree to sign with the Tigers?"

JAC:
(long pause)"...........Uhm............no"

LOL:joy:

He wants to come to Souths.

If Wayne is gonna carry on with his prejudices against wingers, Rusty needs to step in, and take over the negotiations like he's done before with Roy Asotasi, and GI.

If it was up to Wayne we would have lost Alex J. Obviously the members and supporters totally disagreed with that train of thought.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If Souths took that attitude in recruitment they wouldn't have Latrell, Cody or Cook amongst others.
Mansour has been surpassed at Penrith by younger options in To'o and Staines. If it wasn't for them coming through, he wouldn't be available.
Well he's gotta be a damn sight better than our current list of backups. They are not gonna make it to the end of the season.

But I want JAC. Get him.

Sign Mansour for a year with a team option on the second and see how it goes

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Bit more info on the situation with Allan,

Transfer Whispers - Latrell upgrade that could squeeze out rising star: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/be97754ce071fb3f7afb57c51a3e6861
Yeah I heard that old man saying all this on 2KY this morning but he is wrong about a few things (as usual):

- Allan is not going to get "fullback money" just yet from any club

- We are not under pressure with the cap, even if we upgrade Latrell. Suaali is gone so there is 600K saved, Ethan Lowe retirement saves us 500K, then we'll see what we can save if we move Jimmy and Corey.

Actually, if you do the maths, we've actually got money hidden away, even after the recent K-Mart signings, and especially if Suaali traitors us and goes to the Rorters. Even after a Latrell upgrade, I'm wondering if they are not building a piggy bank to jump on someone???

handyman2190

Bench
Yeah I heard that old man saying all this on 2KY this morning but he is wrong about a few things (as usual):

- We are not under pressure with the cap, even if we upgrade Latrell. Suaali is gone so there is 600K saved, Ethan Lowe retirement saves us 500K, then we'll see what we can save if we move Jimmy and Corey.

Actually, if you do the maths, we've actually got money hidden away, even after the recent K-Mart signings, and especially if Suaali traitors us and goes to the Rorters. Even after a Latrell upgrade, I'm wondering if they are not building a piggy bank to jump on someone???
100% agree, we need at least 2 forwards and a winger something is happening, and i cant understand why roberts would forego his next years contract money, the news all say he is just walking away without a club, has he really lost his marbles?
The BS coming out of Jac reminds me of the latrell saga last year, offered 1 mill, tigers,offered 800, rorters, we denied he was coming, then signs with us for 600k, this sounds so familiar.

Last edited:

NovoBunny94

Juniors
100% agree, we need at least 2 forwards and a winger something is happening, and i cant understand why roberts would forego his next years contract money, the news all say he is just walking away without a club, has he really lost his marbles?
The BS coming out of Jac reminds me of the latrell saga last year, offered 1 mill, tigers,offered 800, rorters, we denied he was coming, then signs with us for 600k, this sounds so familiar.
Re: Roberts it could have something to do with his mental situation also. He might just not love the game anymore. Don't forget he started drinking during covid because he wasn't playing, now he is injured it might be due to this?
Dunno but on his day he is an origin centre. Just sucks his defence is shiet

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Re: Roberts it could have something to do with his mental situation also. He might just not love the game anymore. Don't forget he started drinking during covid because he wasn't playing, now he is injured it might be due to this?
Dunno but on his day he is an origin centre. Just sucks his defence is shiet

Yep, poor bloke. They are saying he wants/needs to get out of Sydney.
Best wishes to him.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Yep, poor bloke. They are saying he wants/needs to get out of Sydney.
Best wishes to him.
I'm with Joey when he said Newcastle would be a good fit. I thought Souths would because Wayne has such an affinity with his players but obviously not. Yep, best wishes. Maybe be will be back a 3rd time - 3rd time lucky???

assess5

Juniors

Who, in their right mind ever paid Lowe $500,000? You gotta be wrong on that figure.

handyman2190

Bench
Who, in their right mind ever paid Lowe $500,000? You gotta be wrong on that figure.
Im not condoning the figure, i thought it was more 400 plus,dont forget it was probably in his contract as it is in most, that his money increased if rep games were played, he was probably signed on bet 350 to 400k then increased when he played origin so maybe he was close or even on 500k this year.
Lets call it a 450k saving. Add the 500k jimmy just gave up walking away from next years contract, so there is 900k freed up, host , milne, moga would of come cheap, probably min wage lets say 500k not being first graders, dont forget dennis,dillon , hawkins, mago frees up at least 500k, ok latrell gets 200k upgrade i estimate that leaves 200k, we saved money resigning AJ Allen who is on 300k has been told to go, so we need money for 2 forwards have we got it, who knows

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

After a bit of digging this is what I've managed to find and piece together:

This comes from Wikipedia:
On 26 February, Lowe was granted an immediate release from the final year of his contract by the Cowboys to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs on a one-year deal. In round 3 he scored his first try for the Rabbitohs in their 28-20 win over the Gold Coast Titans. On 26 June 2019 Ethan Lowe re-signed for the South Sydney Rabbitohs until the end of the 2021 NRL season.

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ng-contracts-of-junior-tatola-and-ethan-lowe/

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...dney-roster-report/1efl4maes9us11lrf6xxgjbj0v

https://www.nvi.com.au/story/5913569/tigers-appear-set-to-sign-jennings/

So it seems, and as I remember hearing it from Telecrap, Ethan Lowe had a big falling out with Coach Green and Cowboys. He asked for "a release". Souths let Robert Jennings go so they could get Ethan Lowe, with the Cowboys chipping in some money. This was for his final year 2019. Souths then gave Lowe a 2 year extension. I just can't see his salary, because Telecrap is on a pay wall (and no way I'm paying for their chite), but that dickhead Bulldog said 500K because he made SOO in 2019.

So the answer to your question of who s signed him: is we did

Also found this link which has Jimmy Jet @ 550K which surprised me because I thought we got him for 350K from Broncos - did Souths upgrade that original deal?

https://www.nospam25.net.au/forum/i...-for-the-highest-paid-players-in-2020.116902/

Not sure how accurate it is, they got Latrell @ 800, but if you remember we paying 600 + 117 is paid by Roosters, they got Cookie @ 800 when other links got him @ 900, Cody @ 700, when I'm pretty sure the media said 650 when he agreed to extension.

Latest posts