What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Trivia

Who scored the first try for the Wests Tigers in the JV era?

Hint - while a solid first grader and highly regarded player, he was overlooked for the 2005 Grand Final team only 5 years later.

axl rose

Bench
Who scored the first try for the Wests Tigers in the JV era?

Hint - while a solid first grader and highly regarded player, he was overlooked for the 2005 Grand Final team only 5 years later.
The hint has thrown me off. I know we played Broncos first up but we played a trial game against Northern Eagles. I remember because they were wearing a blue kit. I think the Mcguiness boys were long gone by 05 then and Matt Seers was as well. Owen Craigie scared a chip n chase try but he was done by 05 as well but may have had a trial contract with tigers in 06. The only 2 players from 2000 i remember making it to 05 squad were Mark Oniel and Skandalis. Who am i missing..

yxdWHAn.gif

Last edited:
The hint has thrown me off. I know we played Broncos first up but we played a trial game against Northern Eagles. I remember because they were wearing a blue kit. I think the Mcguiness boys were long gone by 05 then and Matt Seers was as well. Owen Craigie scared a chip n chase try but he was done by 05 as well but may have had a trial contract with tigers in 06. The only 2 players from 2000 i remember making it to 05 squad were Mark Oniel and Skandalis. Who am i missing..

yxdWHAn.gif

Well,

Firstly - I love a simpsons reference, in fact there's an appropriate simpsons reference for almost any situation in life as far as I'm concerned

Secondly - I've unintentially made a blunder with the hint, call me the Bunker. I have misinterpreted the hint from a book I read.... My sincerest apologies.

So ignore the hint. This guy actually DID play in the 2005GF but...... if I correct the hint to what it was meant to be it'll give it away...

So a new hint - This player was always in "Wests". Apart from a stint in the UK.

88251d4e8b7b7d0a770c82588fbb1b60

axl rose

Bench
Who Am I

My 1989 season was an excellent one establishing myself in first grade and becoming a dual international.

Sherlock-Holmes-Silhouette-Stencil-thumb.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade

Its funny, i never even thought of the significance of the pic of Sherlock Holmes in Axls post until the day after i answered, i just remember from my Roosters days when Kurt Shelock became a duel international when he played a test for the Kiwi league team in 1989( think he was picked as a reserve and came on for 5 mins ) and even though he was at Easts from 1987 he never really established himself in first grade till 1989.

Its funny, i never even thought of the significance of the pic of Sherlock Holmes in Axls post until the day after i answered, i just remember from my Roosters days when Kurt Shelock became a duel international when he played a test for the Kiwi league team in 1989( think he was picked as a reserve and came on for 5 mins ) and even though he was at Easts from 1987 he never really established himself in first grade till 1989.

Yep very well played there Horrie. As far as dual internationals, and with the greatest respect, he’d be one of the most surprising on the list. I’d suggest he was a decent first grader at best. Good on him

axl rose

Bench
Ellery Hanley joined the Balmain Tigers for a late surge to the 88 GF before being knocked unconscious by Terry Lamb.

i) How many weeks suspension did Lamb serve?
ii) How many seasons did Ellery play with the Tigers?

Ellery Hanley joined the Balmain Tigers for a late surge to the 88 GF before being knocked unconscious by Terry Lamb.

i) How many weeks suspension did Lamb serve?
ii) How many seasons did Ellery play with the Tigers?

Purely relying on (a fading) memory on both counts...

Lamb served no penalty at all.
Hanley had 2 seasons with the tigers

...(and think he went to the Magpies after that)

Latest posts