What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo05

Bench
I reckon he did what was necessary for the betterment of their team, I just wish our club would show similar stones.

stryker

First Grade
You guys criticising Cleary honestly just let it go. He's made the right decision by keeping Staines & telling Mansour he won't be first choice. If the roles were reversed & Madge had that decision to make at the Tigers I'd be disappointed if he didn't. f**k honestly I think some of guys want the club to be perennial losers so you can whinge.
If you bothered reading anything on here you’d see everyone is pisspot tired of being perennial losers.

“The Pom” from the other site has said that we have signed Diane Laurie from Panthers for 2022.
He is a fullback.
Though maybe a chance for next year?

Well in all likelihood he saw what happened to Mansour and didn’t like his chances with bulk smug making their way to the front of the bus ( off contract).

Player of the year in junior grades, bit of a freak.

If true, it has my (reserved) blessing.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
“The Pom” from the other site has said that we have signed Diane Laurie from Panthers for 2022.
He is a fullback.
“The Pom” is usually on the money when it comes to this stuff, he has also said we are close to signing a young back from the UK and that Madge has had a phone hookup with Angus Crichton regarding 2022, possibly 2021

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If you bothered reading anything on here you’d see everyone is pisspot tired of being perennial losers.

I read most stuff on here, though it's getting harder & harder to. Some threads I've completely given up on.

The moaning about letting Benji go & the protestations about Cleary telling a 30 year old winger (who let's be honest is run of the mill. Yes he looked good this year on the end of a backline that fired, but was pretty poor the previous two) that they are choosing a promising kid over him, suggests to me that many posters on here aren't sick of being shit.

He is a fullback.
Good to see Daine back, hard to believe he's now a fullback though :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

200px-Daine_Laurie_%2826_April_2009%29_2.jpg

The Rosco

Bench
Like, I know we are living in interesting times and all . . . but I'm glad we signed DAINE Laurie and not DIANE Laurie. Not that there's anything wrong with him calling himself Diane.
Funny how our old Daine Laurie ended up in Penrith . . . and now their young Daine Laurie ends up with us.

Fordy20

Juniors
I wonder if this is incase JAC is not coming or adding strength as he is a 5/8 as well?

We let Thompson go too early and got nothing out of it. We have a heads of agreement with JAC which is even flimsier than an actual contract and Saab is still locked up at the Dragons. Given Tartak antics thus far, I reckon it's important to make sure we have other options available. Plenty of Panthers had a wrap on Laurie, so if we do secure him, things look better for 2022. They might even be an option for an early release.

Tigerm

First Grade
We let Thompson go too early and got nothing out of it. We have a heads of agreement with JAC which is even flimsier than an actual contract and Saab is still locked up at the Dragons. Given Tartak antics thus far, I reckon it's important to make sure we have other options available. Plenty of Panthers had a wrap on Laurie, so if we do secure him, things look better for 2022. They might even be an option for an early release.
Just on Saab, I understand he will go to Manly for a 3 year deal?