What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin II - NSW 34-10 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
NSW made the necessary changes after Game I and without having to deal with the loss of a key player like Murray (who is a crucial part of the team, more than he gets credit) the Blues were far too strong for a disappointing Maroons outfit.

Walker took a lot of pressure off Cleary who is still developing his game and allowed Nathan to focus on his kicking game which was unreal on the night.

Haas was more effective getting longer minutes and coming in for a second stint while Paulo and Finucane were fantastic off the bench and took it away from the Maroons.

Shades of the 2019 series. You could say 2001 as well but I don't think Alfie is going to suit up for the Maroons this time around.
IMO...post of this thread.

shear_joy9

Coach
To be fair to qld, the teams moral went to rock bottom when they saw Munster leaving the game and big game Benny come on.

blue bags

First Grade
frabz-oh-you-reffed-state-of-origin-queensland-must-of-gargled-and-swa-2f069d.jpg

Hutty1986

Immortal
There you go. Amazing what can happen when the team actually turns up. Will be a tough ask in Brisbane though, and the refs will be riding the Maroons hard. Hopefully these blokes can actually show up again and get it done.

Wasn’t even Queensland’s worst half tonight.

Agreed.

Might sound like I'm captain doomsday - but the quality of halves in Rugby League is at its lowest depth I can recall (started watching early 80's).

Cronk & Thurston were the last of the greats. And while there are some good halves in the comp, and some prospects coming through - there are no greats.

Nerd

Bench
I've watched every Origin game from the first one in 1980 and tonight was the first night i've ever turned the game off and watched something else. Once NSW got a penalty then 2 six agains in a row before their first try I knew QLD were toast. This NSW side on paper is much better than the QLD one but Sutton wasn't even subtle about where the result was going. This thing about having only NSW ref, touch judges, and video ref is now beyond a joke. There is a whole state full of officials up here so why not even it up and utilise some of them.

Last edited: