What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin II - NSW 34-10 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vee

First Grade
To his credit, the chin has responded tonight
Playing off the front foot, any decent half can do it. The great ones can play off the back foot as well, The Chin still has yet to show he can.

Pearce was unlucky, during Qld's golden run, he was usually playing behind a beaten pack.

Vee

First Grade
Agreed, Holmes to the wing, Allen to fullback and Sami out, Coates might be lucky to keep his spot as well, good finisher but like Sami gives you nothing in terms of those tough hit ups
Sounds good. Allan to 1, Holmes to the wing,Sam out. Arrow to lock for 80 minutes, Tino off the bench running STRAIGHT and HARD instead of this dinky little shimmy he's introduced in Origin.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've watched every Origin game from the first one in 1980 and tonight was the first night i've ever turned the game off and watched something else. Once NSW got a penalty then 2 six agains in a row before their first try I knew QLD were toast. This NSW side on paper is much better than the QLD one but Sutton wasn't even subtle about where the result was going. This thing about having only NSW ref, touch judges, and video ref is now beyond a joke. There is a whole state full of officials up here so why not even it up and utilise some of them.

lol the penalty count was 4-0 QLD before NSW got their first

Vee

First Grade
I don’t mind Yeo. Although it’s kind of fun stirring Panthers fans about his rep credentials.

He deserved the call up. But he didn’t exactly set the world on fire. Solid debut. Would want more than that to be gloating.
I thought he was great off the bench. Would have gone close to starting for me.

Chimp

Juniors
I agree with this - he’s been fantastic all year, and looked brilliant off the bench.

I’m a big Jake T fan, but I’d have Yeo ahead of him now. Got to love Jake for his defence, but the speed of the game with the new rules has made him less effective with ball in hand - he’s too slow. Still a very good player, but I’d have Yeo starting at 13.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I've watched every Origin game from the first one in 1980 and tonight was the first night i've ever turned the game off and watched something else. Once NSW got a penalty then 2 six agains in a row before their first try I knew QLD were toast. This NSW side on paper is much better than the QLD one but Sutton wasn't even subtle about where the result was going. This thing about having only NSW ref, touch judges, and video ref is now beyond a joke. There is a whole state full of officials up here so why not even it up and utilise some of them.
f**k up. QLD had a similar run of calls early on.

And in answer to why we don't use QLD officials anymore... Barry Gomersall

SBD82

Coach
I thought he did some good things, but got in the way a couple of times. Not really unexpected when he’s adapting to new shapes. My guess is he’ll be better next time.

Dragons154

Juniors

You have only lost 2 series in a row sweet heart...
I never once turned off a game during the 8 years of Hell!

but yes Queensland really “Gets” origin. Your a f**king coward and your states full of f**king cowards.

next week you should just tag team your sister with your father instead of watching the game.

Reflector

Juniors
Would've been interesting to see how much the dynamic of that game would've changed in Munster stayed on the field. I'm not convinced Qld would've won, but could they have kept the scoreline more respectable?

Awesome to see Cleary finally deliver- and how! I mentioned to the mates I watched the game with that even Darren Lockyer was slated for delivering sub-par Origin performances into his late 20's before he turned things around, so hopefully last nights' masterclass gives Nathan the confidence he needs to bottle his performance and unleash it again next week. Cody was awesome too, so good to see deadly 4-pronged attacking raids featuring himself, Fox, Cook and Teddy. It seemed like every time they got the ball and went themselves they ate up the metres or scored. Gutho also deserves a mention- much improved from Game 1 and unlucky not to score a try at least once.

Best of all is they could do this not just up the middle of the field but on the flanks as well (although why they persisted trying to attack the left flank unsuccessfully 3 times in a row didn't make sense. Why try that when attacking on the right via Fox was coming up with the gold for them?) I can see this being a real challenge for Bennett heading into the decider because even if Qld get numbers defending one of those lanes, there's agile players on the other, lesser-marked sides who can scoot the ball up instead and get within scoring range.

Qld are going to have the home crowd advantage and (most likely) the 50/50's in their favour next week and I'd expect them to aim up with pride on the line. But if NSW can maintain their composure and rely on the skill of their backs I give them a real shot at wrapping up the series.

blue bags

First Grade
*you’re
images

Tweed Titan

Bench
Playing off the front foot, any decent half can do it. The great ones can play off the back foot as well, The Chin still has yet to show he can.

Pearce was unlucky, during Qld's golden run, he was usually playing behind a beaten pack.
Lol he only got 20 odd chances and quite often NSW's pack held their own. They just had Cronk and Thurston and we had Shitchell. That was the difference

Latest posts