What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

BrotherJim05

Bench
We still need to see where the dominoes fall in regards to C Smith. If he plays on then there is not a chance in France that both Cheese and Grant will be at the club in 2021. Maybe one, but definitely not both. I don't see Cheese leaving given his profile at Storm, so if we do get to keep Grant it completely reshapes our spine for the better.

There are also rumours of Garner to Manly, plus A. Crichton to be shopped by Roosters once they get that Suali kid. Also hinges on whether they medically retire Cordner though.
If this is the case the I'm hearing that Tigers will make a big play for Crichton - we have the cap space as Roosters pay most of salary in 2021 then we pick up the tab 2022 onwards when the Reynolds/Packer money frees up. My understanding is that we will be releasing Garner to accommodate Crichton if this happens.

With a lot of luck and things finally going our way, I see this as the blue sky possible Tigers 2021 1-17:

1. JAC*
2. Nofa
3. Talau/BJ/Momo
4. Mbye
5. Kepoa/Talau
6. AD
7. Brooks
8. Tamou
9. Grant*
10. Aloai
11. Luciano
12. Crichton*
13. Twal

14. Stefano/Mikale/Musgrove
15. Stefano/Mikale/Musgrove
16. McIntyre/Blore
17. Liddle/Reynolds

I know this is best possible outcome but wow that is a different team

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd love to get Grant, JAC and Crichton for next year but I can't see it happening. One of them would be great. Two would be unreal. Three would be like supporting the Rorters.

If you got those guys that team would be good.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
1. JAC
2. Nofo
3. Talau
4. BJ
5. Mansour
6. AD
7. Brooks
8. Tahmou
9. Liddell
10. Aloiai
11. Garner
12. Chrichton
13. Luciano

14. Mbye
15. Twal
16. Musgrove
17. Blore

18. McIntyre
19. Simpkins
20. Mekaile
21. Walters

ideal 21 man squad

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/09/wests-tigers-confirm-2021-football-department/

Wests Tigers confirm 2021 Football Department

Wests Tigers 2021 Football Department
  • Adam Hartigan — General Manager – Football
  • Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach
  • Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach
  • Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach
  • Andrew Gray — Head of Performance
  • Matthew Jay — NRL Performance Coach
  • Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach
  • James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/09/wests-tigers-confirm-2021-football-department/

Wests Tigers confirm 2021 Football Department

Wests Tigers 2021 Football Department

• Adam Hartigan — General Manager – Football
    • Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach
    • Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach
    • Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach
    • Andrew Gray — Head of Performance
    • Matthew Jay — NRL Performance Coach
    • Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach
    • James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant
Got their work cut out for them...good luck.

1. Vacant
2. Nofo
3. James Roberts
4. Bj
5. Josh Mansour

6. AD
7 Brooksy

8. Jimbo (c)
9. Vacant
10. Allo
11 Steff
12 Lucy
13 Vacant

14-18 Vacant

Cam Smith will “ suspend” his career instead of retire so that Harry and Brandon can sign on and he can still play at some point.

He’s not being especially fair to the other players and clubs. All his ruling from the grave shits me.

He should man up and sign with us for a year, that would help everyone.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
1. Vacant
2. Nofo
3. James Roberts
4. Bj
5. Josh Mansour

6. AD
7 Brooksy

8. Jimbo (c)
9. Vacant
10. Allo
11 Steff
12 Lucy
13 Vacant

14-18 Vacant

Cam Smith will “ suspend” his career instead of retire so that Harry and Brandon can sign on and he can still play at some point.

He’s not being especially fair to the other players and clubs. All his ruling from the grave shits me.

He should man up and sign with us for a year, that would help everyone.
If we make the unforgiveable decision to sign Roberts then 3 & 4 will provide plenty of scandalous material for the contemptible rugby league media.

If we make the unforgiveable decision to sign Roberts then 3 & 4 will provide plenty of scandalous material for the contemptible rugby league media.

He’s pretty desperate to get back in the game.

Just shove a clause in his contract that he has to pay us back if he goes beserko, withold a component of his salary until the contract is up and if he behaves, Christmas arrives. Insist on paying half to his missus etc. Test his mettle.

Gun player when he’s on, bloody miraculous, massive threat.

BrotherJim05

Bench
He’s pretty desperate to get back in the game.

Just shove a clause in his contract that he has to pay us back if he goes beserko, withold a component of his salary until the contract is up and if he behaves, Christmas arrives. Insist on paying half to his missus etc. Test his mettle.

Gun player when he’s on, bloody miraculous, massive threat.

I know Roberts has his demons, but I wonder what kind of vibe he creates in the dressing room? Is he someone who just keeps to himself a bit, or does he fly off the handles and creates a toxic atmosphere?

If the former, then yeah we should offer him a cut-price 1 year deal with another in our favour with contingencies. If the latter than hard pass - we have enough issues as it is.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know Roberts has his demons, but I wonder what kind of vibe he creates in the dressing room? Is he someone who just keeps to himself a bit, or does he fly off the handles and creates a toxic atmosphere?

If the former, then yeah we should offer him a cut-price 1 year deal with another in our favour with contingencies. If the latter than hard pass - we have enough issues as it is.

Rumour is we’re going to offer him a 1 year $150k deal. Honestly it’s hard to not think that’s a good idea

Other bits of info from the media:

Mansour only coming if we give him 3 years which the club is refusing

Aloiai liking unlikely to be here

Daine Laurie signed for 2022 and asked Penrith for an early release

Das Hassler

Bench
Mansour went ok + 10% this year in a side that was humming...the last few seasons though he produced more groans at penrith than highlights. ...i couldn't guess who his manager thinks will give him a 3 year deal at 31

Tiger05

First Grade
Mansour went ok + 10% this year in a side that was humming...the last few seasons though he produced more groans at penrith than highlights. ...i couldn't guess who his manager thinks will give him a 3 year deal at 31

I hope we don't get him. If it's a short term contract no problems.

Latest posts