What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary cap bonuses to clubs

I'm guessing you haven't attended university. This certainly wasn't the case when I attended. Sure there were left leaning groups (student union etc), easy solution for me was not to engage with anything I didn't have an interest in. My field of study was more left leaning (in thought process than most), I find the belief that universities are a breeding ground for radical lefties is an urban legend.

Unfortunately Politics is ingrained in our education system, with the government of the day implementing changes, some subtle, others not so much.

I did an Bachelor of Arts. Why? As it offered the widest variety of course available. I focused on Industrial Relations and Political Science as my majors and they were and still are directly related to my work as I am a public servant. Fact is the humanities is often the field that looks at things like critical thinking, ethics etc, things many science, engineering and economic degrees hardly ever study. If you want a moral vacuum amongst uni graduates just concentrate on "STEM".

Also leaving it up to governments to work out which "technology" courses are the right way to go? Yeah that's always worked in the past eh? :rolleyes:

Cactus

Juniors
Yep, because discouraging tertiary education because your perception of what university is doesn't align with your political leanings is a great move, speaks volumes really. Solid rationale.

"whingist sookist" you've just described the actions of the figurehead of Americas conservative politics over the past few weeks to a tee, ironic isn't it.

It’s a crying shame if anyone chooses to feel offended by my post, which I do agree, is politically incorrect.

But then again that is what is so enjoyable about it.

_Johnsy

Referee
It’s a crying shame if anyone chooses to feel offended by my post, which I do agree, is politically incorrect.

But then again that is what is so enjoyable about it.
Offended, really? I don’t think you’ve actually comprehend what I wrote. Read it again.
I’d love to know which part of my post leads you to believe that I am offended.

Cactus

Juniors
Offended, really? I don’t think you’ve actually comprehend what I wrote. Read it again.
I’d love to know which part of my post leads you to believe that I am offended.

There is an element of humour in the fact my last post was an exact duplication of my post #26 in this thread.

I accept that some people may not find it that humorous if they are somewhat wound a little tight

_Johnsy

Referee
There is an element of humour in the fact my last post was an exact duplication of my post #26 in this thread.

I accept that some people may not find it that humorous if they are somewhat wound a little tight
Let’s clarify a few things.
1) I wasn’t offended, which you insinuated I was, and when asked you couldn’t back it up. You’ve given yourself a tad too much credit.
2) I never said it was politically incorrect, so how you can agree with me on that point is laughable.
3) I think your humour needs work if duplicating a post meets the mark.
4) Someone who shows the lack of rationale & irony in the point you made, and doesn’t get your humour is “wound a little tight”?

So what was the point of your post?

Cactus

Juniors
Let’s clarify a few things.
1) I wasn’t offended, which you insinuated I was, and when asked you couldn’t back it up. You’ve given yourself a tad too much credit.
2) I never said it was politically incorrect, so how you can agree with me on that point is laughable.
3) I think your humour needs work if duplicating a post meets the mark.
4) Someone who shows the lack of rationale & irony in the point you made, and doesn’t get your humour is “wound a little tight”?

So what was the point of your post?

I think you have made it for me.

Lighten up sport !

_Johnsy

Referee
I think you have made it for me.

Lighten up sport !
:thumbsup_tone2:
images

Zadar

Juniors
Titans winger Anthony Don has been named the NRL's 2020 Academic Male of the Year with Warriors playmaker Kirra Dibb earning the Academic Female of the Year award as the NRL and RLPA announced their 2020 Academic Team of the Year.

A total of 93 current NRL players have completed or are completing a university degree, while seven players are doing a Masters degree, through 32 different universities.

A further 106 players are completing traditional trades while 610 VET qualifications have been achieved by all current players.

"This year's Academic Team of the Year will be remembered as one of the most disciplined and determined," NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

"Our squads have been in a biosecurity bubble all year but the commitment of these players to continue to further their studies during the pandemic is a remarkable achievement."

NRL wellbeing & education manager Paul Heptonstall said players seeking education opportunities were more likely to thrive on the field as well as in future careers.

"We have 84 percent of players currently engaged in career development," Heptonstall said.

"We have long believed, and it is backed up by research, that players who further their education are more likely to succeed on the field.

"It is also pleasing to see some of our most successful clubs off the field as some of the most engaged clubs with their off-field development and education."

2020 NRL Academic Team of the Year
  • Rhys Kennedy (Completed Bachelor of Exercise Science and Cert III in fitness, University of Wollongong)
  • Connor Tracey (Completed a Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Services, currently completing a Post Grad Cert in - Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA Institute)
  • Anthony Don (Completed a Masters of Business Administration 2020 & Completed a Bachelor of Education 2011, University of New England)
  • Christian Welch (Completed a Bachelor of Commerce and currently completing a Masters of Business, University of New South Wales)
  • Jayden Brailey (Currently completing a Bachelor of Exercise sports Science, Australian Catholic University)
  • Jake Granville (Currently completing a Carpentry Apprenticeship and Diploma of Business Management & Hospitality)
  • Reed Mahoney (Completed Cert IV in Business, Education Support & III & IV Fitness and Diploma in Business, currently completing a Bachelor Sport Business, Australian College of Physical Education)
  • Adam Clune (Completed a Bachelor of Laws-Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) with distinction, University of Wollongong)
  • Euan Aitken (Completed a Cert IV in Fitness, currently completing a Bachelor of Exercise Science and Completed a Cert IV in New Small Business, University of Wollongong)
  • Nat Butcher (Completed Diploma in Business & Cert IV in Small Business Management, currently completing a Bachelor of Business Administration, Australian Catholic University)
  • Matt Ikuvalu (Completed Certificate III in fitness and Cert IV in Community & Recreation, currently completing a Bachelor of Teaching (Honours), University of Newcastle)
  • Alex Twal (Completed a Bachelor of Commerce (2020) & Cert III in Fitness, Australian Catholic University)
  • Kirra Dibb (Currently completing a Bachelor of Applied Science - Exercise Physiology, University of Sydney)

simmo05

Bench
Yeah fair point didn't think of that angle .I'm looking at the the Dugans and Carneys of this world.I understand them getting them in the Armed services, but what rank was Carney LOL?"Bombadier Bubbler"?
I reckon those 2 would struggle to make it past recruit

Latest posts