What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Not The Sunshine Coast Wolfpack?

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
I live on the Sunshine Coast and would love to have a real second team to support.

It’s been hard for my boys supporting Saints (brain washed by their dad and pop) in QLD especially given the rudderless game plans of the McGregor era and the Broncos dominant supporter base.

I am so looking forward to a coach and support staff, that can deliver not only a game plan, but holistic management for the entire realm associated with professional NRL and personal life.

I know it’s a big call.... but I’m predicting a successful 10 year (maybe more) period for our Club.

BUT, if team on the Sunshine Coast is affiliated with Melbourne Storm, I’m out!!!

My boys don’t watch NRL anymore, which is due to the embarrassment of the rudderless boring game plans of the McGregor era. They prefer and play Rugby Union on the weekend and League and Union at School.

I’d love to have a pathway for them to aspire too if they chose too.

Bring on a Sunshine Coast team... but utilise a proven league catchment and REAL supporter base to ensure success.

Draginzaaar

Bench
What about the Sunshine Coast Possums. They could have a great lineup.
1.RTS
2.JAC
3.Crichton
4. Lomax
5. Cotric
6.Wighton
7. Cleary
8.Paulo
9. Koroisau
10. Papalii
11. Kikau
12.Crichton
13.JT
14. Haas
15.Klemmer
16. Yeo
17. Capewell

obviously there are a few players unlucky to miss out, but I think it’s a good blend of players still under contract, and a few they couldn’t afford.

Just offloaded some players, according to the Possm, it's so easy.

possm

Coach
It isn't his worst idea.
There will be no change unless changes are made.

The most important change so far is the appointment of a new CEO and coaching staff. Each change from this point on will determine our ability to climb out of this hole.

In my opinion the offloading of non-performing players is essential if indeed the coaching staff can't improve those player's performance. I'm sure there are some coach's in the game that believe that they can fire up players like Norman and Hunt. These two players are my main concern mainly because
If they are not performing:
  • These players are blocking young halves from coming through.
  • These players are taking up valuable salary cap space that could be used to bolster our forward pack.

KiamaSaint

Coach
There will be no change unless changes are made.

The most important change so far is the appointment of a new CEO and coaching staff. Each change from this point on will determine our ability to climb out of this hole.

In my opinion the offloading of non-performing players is essential if indeed the coaching staff can't improve those player's performance. I'm sure there are some coach's in the game that believe that they can fire up players like Norman and Hunt. These two players are my main concern mainly because
If they are not performing:
  • These players are blocking young halves from coming through.
  • These players are taking up valuable salary cap space that could be used to bolster our forward pack.
I was trying to be supportive. I obviously didn’t do a very good job.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I live on the Sunshine Coast and would love to have a real second team to support.

It’s been hard for my boys supporting Saints (brain washed by their dad and pop) in QLD especially given the rudderless game plans of the McGregor era and the Broncos dominant supporter base.

I am so looking forward to a coach and support staff, that can deliver not only a game plan, but holistic management for the entire realm associated with professional NRL and personal life.

I know it’s a big call.... but I’m predicting a successful 10 year (maybe more) period for our Club.

BUT, if team on the Sunshine Coast is affiliated with Melbourne Storm, I’m out!!!

My boys don’t watch NRL anymore, which is due to the embarrassment of the rudderless boring game plans of the McGregor era. They prefer and play Rugby Union on the weekend and League and Union at School.

I’d love to have a pathway for them to aspire too if they chose too.

Bring on a Sunshine Coast team... but utilise a proven league catchment and REAL supporter base to ensure success.

I like your post, B&B and agree, if its affiliated with Melbourne, we don't want it.
What do you think about Redcliffe having a team?
They certainly have the coin.

possm

Coach
I like your post, B&B and agree, if its affiliated with Melbourne, we don't want it.
What do you think about Redcliffe having a team?
They certainly have the coin.
For me, Redcliffe is the best option when considering another Qld team. Like Saints, Redcliffe could own and harvest the junior clubs of the entire Sunshine Coast simply by nameing the team, the Sunshine Coast Dolphins. Yes they have the money, they have the club and facilities so by grabbing the junior clubs on the Sunshine Coast, they would become a real match for the Broncos and most NRL clubs.

possm

Coach
Let the Storm expand the game in Victoria rather than take the easy pickings on the Sunshine Coast. Redcliffe are my second team their colours are red and white and my eldest son used to play for them in juniors.

blue bags

First Grade
For me, Redcliffe is the best option when considering another Qld team. Like Saints, Redcliffe could own and harvest the junior clubs of the entire Sunshine Coast simply by nameing the team, the Sunshine Coast Dolphins. Yes they have the money, they have the club and facilities so by grabbing the junior clubs on the Sunshine Coast, they would become a real match for the Broncos and most NRL clubs.
fully agree

Latest posts