What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If it were Pascoe he would let Staines go and keep the overpriced old player :(

I'm losing hope with this club

There is part of me (a big part in fact) to want Mansour above the new kid on the block......Josh lives and breaths Penrith, and sadly now is very hurt with being asked to step aside.

It comes down to this, do you plough into the future with a youngin, or hang unto the trusted getting older retainer who's served you so well.

If he comes to W/T I hope he does well for you guys. I know you have a goodin with James Tamou.....

Again I will pose this question......If you were CEO / Footy manager and had both Mansour and Staines on your books, limited cap space....Would you stick with Mansour who is 30, loosing speed, but being a wonderful clubman over the years, had some bad injuries, but comming off a good year?

Or would you offer Staines and upgraded contract to play on the wing in 2020. Lighting fast, speed to burn, can play fullback in fact most places in the backline. Was Jersey flegg player of the year in 2019......Played 2 games in NRL for 6 tries.

You can only choose one, who would you choose ?

You don’t really deserve an answer until you apologise for bullying me you whacko.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I'm sorry mate. I won't ask the question again. I was genuinely interested to hear what various people thought.

I'll leave it now.

Thanks.
I'm not having a go at you mate, also not having a dig at Silverdale. Just the back & forth bickering is getting tiresome. To answer your question, I'd take the young bloke everytime. Unfortunately our club thinks the opposite or even worse can't see the value in the younger guy.
That said, we've signed a bunch of younger players the past two years, so hopefully that might be changing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm not having a go at you mate, also bit having a dig at Silverdale. Just the back & forth bickering is getting tiresome. To answer your question, I'd take the young bloke everytime. Unfortunately our club thinks the opposite or even worse can't see the value in the younger guy.
That said, we've signed a bunch of younger players the past two years, so hopefully that might be changing.

It's all good.

The panel appears more or less equally split on the utility and value of Josh Mansour.

To further endorse his claims, I’d add that there is not a lot of equal to or better-than talent currently available.

Josh will give us something good to work with

Last edited:
That's how we ended up with Reynolds, Packer, McQueen, Matulino, Jennings, Mbye etc.

Mmm just a slight exaggeration there!

I don’t see any comparison but by all means elaborate and I’m ready to take my medicine gladly!

No ones challenged me on the health of his 2020 stats.

He’s well out in front of the most of the league in his sideline profession.

Was amongst the first selected in one of the best rugby league squads of all time.

We won’t see the likes of the 2020 smug again in our lifetimes and he was an integral part of that.

Everyone knows it except for Lyin Ivan and his crony, short sighted officials.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I'm sorry mate. I won't ask the question again. I was genuinely interested to hear what various people thought.

I'll leave it now.

Thanks.
No you were shit stirring ..You barged in when “Who would we choose between the two” wasn’t even the current discussion. It was “should we recruit Mansaur.”.....

To make it worse your “who would u choose between the two” was still off the mark. It was more about the manner in which it happened ...ie it could have been conducted with more class..The timing and location was unnecessary

Are you reading before you write? That would help avoid a lot of angst.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No you were shit stirring ..You barged in when “Who would we choose between the two” wasn’t even the current discussion. It was “should we recruit Mansaur.”.....

To make it worse your “who would u choose between the two” was still off the mark. It was more about the manner in which it happened ...ie it could have been conducted with more class..The timing and location was unnecessary

Are you reading before you write? Would avoid a lot of angst.

Actually I wasn't it was a genuine question.

I'm genuinely sorry you feel this way.

I was taking on board what someone said on the Penrith forum about being willing to have heartful conversations with those from others forums, listening to their ideas, and even at times taking these ideas on board.

I didn't mean for it to come across in the manner which you describe...if that's been the way it's been taken please accept my apology.

I'm also sorry Mr_Raditch. for continuing this coversation.

Fordy20

Juniors
Easy to focus on Mansour being old and not that flashy, but he finishes strong, is as good as anyone backing up from a kick return, steels the left side defence and can be trusted to do his job... If you were asked to choose between Jennings and Mansour to start 2019 you'd probably make the plunge on the old fella. I reckon he'll be huge for ya's if he signs.. one year with Penrith carrying a few hundred K is a steal

If he signs, Penrith will be carrying significantly more K than some of their fans seem to think.

Are you reading before you write? That would help avoid a lot of angst.

@Aliceinwonderland is here to troll and stalk me and make mischief because she’s a sad case.

She has no interest at all here except to draw attention to herself.

B26C4DFD-29D7-4AFE-86D7-596956EE55A7.png

She won’t apologise for stalking and bullying people on panthers lu, so watch out for her.

Last edited:

Choiboi

Juniors
This just gets worse and worse for us..

Wests Tigers prop Josh Aloiai has demanded an immediate release from the club to join Manly and told officials he will “never wear the jersey again”.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Aloiai’s manager, Tyran Smith, approached the club in recent weeks asking for an extension.

Aloiai has also been one of Michael Maguire’s strongest supporters in a season where there has been growing speculation of a dressing room rift.

However, the Samoan international has now changed his mind and decided he wants to leave the Tigers with a move to the Sea Eagles on offer.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/03cfbfe0426ac13d56e573efd46fea97

Tigerm

First Grade

Wests Tigers prop Josh Aloiai has demanded an immediate release from the club to join Manly and told officials he will “never wear the jersey again”.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Aloiai’s manager, Tyran Smith, approached the club in recent weeks asking for an extension.

Aloiai has also been one of Michael Maguire’s strongest supporters in a season where there has been growing speculation of a dressing room rift.

However, the Samoan international has now changed his mind and decided he wants to leave the Tigers with a move to the Sea Eagles on offer.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/03cfbfe0426ac13d56e573efd46fea97
Probably money, make him stay

As per usual Chair is too quick into the fray with yet another ill-considered comment and if Allo was in any doubt, he has a reason to be a rat now.

Both Matterson and Ivan were supposed to stay.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for playing tough, but history suggests, JA will be off the books by Christmas.

Time for another player welfare check.

Trollhammaren

Juniors

Our club has to be the biggest joke in the NRL. What's Pascoe doing? Growing a beard and having a coffee with someone who would not be a good fit for our club. Instead we see our best forward gone and, yet again, this will be a media circus.

It's so embarrassing and, yet, the norm. We got nothing out of the Matterson melodrama. At least sit JA out for a season if we can't get something in our club's favour for once.

Our fans deserve so much better than this. Yet we endure continual degradation year after year.

Latest posts