What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
Lol deserves a knighthood

I couldn't understand it when Meninga was named as coach of the All-Time Greatest Maroons team. Mal's tenure has to be looked at with one eye on the teams he had the luxury of coaching. You can't question his passion for the job, but I'm not convinced he would've been able to lead Qld to win anything this series. And Walters?

Lol.

I wonder if Brisbane have included room in their "salary cap" for the Coach Whisperer?

Reflector

Juniors
Mate Gould took the Roosters from a club on deaths door to one of the strongest clubs in the game. Won a premiership in his first year and won Penriths first.

stop telling lies

The funny part is most of his criticisms of Gus could be applied to Mal, if not moreso...

stryker

First Grade
Mate Gould took the Roosters from a club on deaths door to one of the strongest clubs in the game. Won a premiership in his first year and won Penriths first.

stop telling lies
Lol he got lucky early on but since then, the guy is a coward of a coach. Fact.

stryker

First Grade
I couldn't understand it when Meninga was named as coach of the All-Time Greatest Maroons team. Mal's tenure has to be looked at with one eye on the teams he had the luxury of coaching. You can't question his passion for the job, but I'm not convinced he would've been able to lead Qld to win anything this series. And Walters?

Lol.

I wonder if Brisbane have included room in their "salary cap" for the Coach Whisperer?
Thank god Kevvie wasn’t there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has anybody had a more enjoyable season than Wayne Bennett?

- Sees his team put 60 points on the reigning Premiers
- Guides his team (with Latrell gone for the season) to within a week of the GF
- Watches his old team implode
- Indirectly hands his old team their first wooden spoon
- Finishes his year coaching an Origin victory, having praise heaped upon him and going home to bang a MILF

No wonder the old fella was grinning like a Cheshire cat!

stryker

First Grade
And left Penrith far better off when he found them in the current era. And took on news Corp and Murdoch and frightened them

Keep trying

Gould is not respected outside the riff and channel 9 as he is a know-it-all coward who could not tie Bennett’s laces when it comes to coaching.
Keep trying.

Reactions: gUt

Rhyno

First Grade
Munster giving Cleary a shout out in his speech was cringeworthy

he felt pity for Cleary

soc123_au

Staff member
Munster giving Cleary a shout out in his speech was cringeworthy

he felt pity for Cleary
Apparently the rest of the Blues players felt sorry for him too. They all voted him for NSW player of the series.

He made a few poor decisions in the game, but at least he had a crack. He was given sweet f**k all to work with by his team mates, but still kept in the fight. His improvement in the past 12 months has been huge, if the trajectory keeps moving in the same direction for another year or two NSW will be in great shape.

Saxon

Bench
Apparently the rest of the Blues players felt sorry for him too. They all voted him for NSW player of the series.

He made a few poor decisions in the game, but at least he had a crack. He was given sweet f**k all to work with by his team mates, but still kept in the fight. His improvement in the past 12 months has been huge, if the trajectory keeps moving in the same direction for another year or two NSW will be in great shape.
People also under-rate the job that Christian Welsh did of containing Cleary in the GF and Games 1 and 3 of Origin. His only standout game of the last 4 was when Welsh wasn't there applying pressure on his kicking.

gerg

Juniors
People saying "if NSW picked this team and had their best players available it would have been different...."

QLD had f**king Brenko and Edrick Lee!! Corey Allen at fullback ffs

Agreed. As much as I thought Fittler could have picked a better side, QLD could have rolled out 12 sock puppets (& Munster) and still beaten Fittler's mob.

Saxon

Bench
Brandon Smith must be the unhappiest man in Rugby League today.

After more than 3 years where he was the anointed replacement for Cam, and now that it looks almost certain the GOAT won't be at Melbourne next year; Harry has just walked in and grabbed the Storm number 9 saying "Mine"!

some11

Referee
I don’t know why but I honestly don’t care that Queensland won.

Maybe it’s because of the year we’ve had or because they were massive underdogs. But I actually felt good for them watching their celebrations last night.
It's cuz of Edrick's biggus dickus

some11

Referee
And whoever loses, the comments are full of calls to move on half the team and how (insert coach) has lost the plot.
[Zoom shot on QLD camp celebrations]

Despite the win, deep down Allan and Holmes know how close they came to being showered with beer cans by the ravenous Queensland crowd.

Meanwhile, Ben Hunt remembers how much he is being paid by the Dragons, easing the pain of being dropped, and thus, cementing his reputation as a caucasian Chris Sandow.

some11

Referee
Angus Crichton is the only forward who should ever be picked again. What a bunch of pissweak cowards
I kept waiting for Paulo to back into a tackle and offload out the back with a support runner. Didn't see it happen - I don't get it, his skill set is immense and yet he wasn't let loose? Playing to instructions?

Latest posts