What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Shocking selections all over the park. Gutherson was an absolute failure at centre, Wighton was marginal (would have been so much better at 5/8), Walker is just not state of origin quality, he did some good things in the series but for long periods of the game you just don’t see him. Not taking a utility back into the decider was just a rookie error, Yeo at centre was a joke. Players in position is the order of the day, you can say QLD did the same (players out of there spots) but NSW shit selections allowed them to get away with it.
Wighton lethal at 6

gordsy

Juniors
This not picking a back on the bench is the biggest look how smart I am after the event ever. Very few teams carry a back on the bench these days. You are far more likely to have a need for another forward than a fullback. If Freddy picks paps and Cook gets hurt do we bag him for not picking a hooker on the bench.
If you are going to pick backs on the bench at least pick a Chris Lawrence style players that can cover in your pack too.
But all these people who are saying pick Paps, where were you before game 1 and 2 ???

axl rose

Bench
Isn’t he at Penrith next year?
Haha thats right. Rhyno have a break, Port Panther is here.

giphy.gif

Jimmy for next year, Laurie for next and Joey O has spoken to the club. Been good in the past despite a shit 2020 (had plenty of mates at the Donkeys.)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hmm never been a huge Joe O fan. Very different player to Aloiai, more of a solid prop. However he’s played 105 NRL games, 2 origins, only 25 and Brisbane will be paying a decent amount of his wage.

One thing I do like about ANY new signing is that they are coming here knowing Madge’s reputation, so aren’t afraid of hard work. Look at what it did to a guy like Luciano this year. Proof is right there for those who put in.

Still vacancies in key positions. I’d say Hartigan/Madge are not looking for quick fixes.

We will screw Manly over as hard as we can and watch the coffers overflow.

The best is yet to come, a wave of marquee flooding onto the market. The player managers should be studying this closely.

In the meantime, the death count under Madge stands at about 18 players in 2 seasons.

Another thing we miss is that our Ex rooster footy manager inherited a complete mess. He got a grand final winning squad together, so he’s not exactly a novice.... but it takes a good couple of years for a clean up.

I think we are 2/3rds in that process atm.

Because of the cap disability, I’m thinking destination tigers takes off in 22 for a top 4 finish about 23 or 24. Adding another season for comfort.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hearing rumours that we are making a play for Ofahengaue. Not sure if it is part of orchestration from Manly for us to release Aloai or we are just going after him regardless, but either way I reckon he's quality...type of player that will excel under Madge.

If true, we should offer him $1 more than what we were prepared to pay Aloai haha

Choiboi

Juniors
Hearing rumours that we are making a play for Ofahengaue. Not sure if it is part of orchestration from Manly for us to release Aloai or we are just going after him regardless, but either way I reckon he's quality...type of player that will excel under Madge.

If true, we should offer him $1 more than what we were prepared to pay Aloai haha

Funnily enough Joe O started following Wests Tigers on Instagram....

WA Tiger

Bench
Recruiting Robert Jennings is more of a risk than recruiting James Roberts~The price would be the same and Jennings would be watching from the sideline more often even if Roberts relapses... ....The difference is Roberts is a click off being the fastest player on the planet and if there’s a try to be had it’d be taken in a heart beat..And I love watching him run, much more than JAC
He just needs to lay off the Grog

Last edited:

Latest posts