What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Tiger5150

Bench
Shaun Blore re-signs with the TIgers until end of 2023.

Good kid. Happy to keep him.

Wests Tigers re-sign Shawn Blore

Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Tue 24 Nov 2020, 04:30 PM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that exciting young forward Shawn Blore has signed a new playing contract with the club.

The new, two-year deal will see the 20-year-old remain in Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2023 NRL season.

A Penrith Brothers junior, Blore made his first-grade debut for the club in Round 11 of the 2020 season — going on to play a further four matches in his rookie year.

Having previously excelled at a junior representative level for Penrith SG Ball, New South Wales U/18’s and Junior Kangaroos, Blore clearly has a bright future ahead of him with strong credentials to play at either back row or lock forward.

Blore said he was delighted to extend his contract with Wests Tigers.

“I’m so happy to re-sign with Wests Tigers,” Blore said. “The club has given me a shot and they’ve been so good to me and my family throughout that.

“I feel like I owe the club the best I can be and the best I can be for the next few years.

“I love it here — the boys have been really good to me and I’m extremely happy to sign on.

Shawn Blore extends his contract with Wests Tigers until the end of 2023.
Shawn Blore extends his contract with Wests Tigers until the end of 2023.
00a9.png
Wests Tigers
“The boys have truly made me feel part of the family and that’s definitely part of my decision to re-sign,” he said. “I’m happy here. The club is going in the right direction; I know it’s a club on the rise and I definitely want to be a part of that.”

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was extremely pleased to see Shawn continue his first-grade development at the club.

“I’m really pleased to see Shawn commit to Wests Tigers,” Maguire said.

“I’ve gotten to know Shawn quite closely since coming to the club and I’ve been really pleased in how well he’s developed. He’s grown a lot as a player since being at Wests Tigers and he’s an extremely strong character and leader.

“I’m looking forward to working with him for many years to come.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated Shawn on his new deal.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to congratulate Shawn on his new playing contract and say how pleased we are to have secured a player with his talent and ability,” Pascoe said.

“In addition to being an exceptionally promising player on the field, Shawn is also a wonderful young man off it too and has already left a strong impact on our club. He constantly demonstrates the work ethic and the values that will ensure he has a strong future with us, and we’re all looking forward to seeing him continue to develop in Wests Tigers colours for many years to come.”

Vee

First Grade
Clifford's a strange one, significant history of MOM wins in junior Origins/Internationals while surrounded by better credentialled players but not much of that showing in the NRL where he has occasional moments of quality but a long way short of the consistency required.

His best attribute IMO is his occasional ability to break tackles and score from 10m out with the defence well set. It's almost as if defenders underestimate him.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Clifford's a strange one, significant history of MOM wins in junior Origins/Internationals while surrounded by better credentialled players but not much of that showing in the NRL where he has occasional moments of quality but a long way short of the consistency required.

His best attribute IMO is his occasional ability to break tackles and score from 10m out with the defence well set. It's almost as if defenders underestimate him.
I am very disappointed that he wasn't part of the Cowboys' plans for 2022 and beyond. Unfortunately for him, Green never gave him an extended run as starting half, preferring instead to name the likes of Hampton as Morgo's halves partner. Cliffo does have a few errors in his game, particularly when it comes to 5th tackle plays, but I was excited to see him and Drinky starting to build a decent combination in second half of this season just passed.

My biggest concern is that Morgo will return from injury as a shadow of the player he was, and that's if he isn't medically retired. If he's in and out of the side due to injury, it will inevitably result in another season of mediocrity and underachievement by the Cowboys.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Clifford to the Knights for 2022/3. Confirmed.

Good signing, he seems a really decent young half who just needs a coach to believe in him. Knights squad seems fairly stacked with halves though. Pearce, Mann, Crossland, Green, Watson, Hoy and now Clifford. Who gives?

Fordy20

Juniors
Now with Lino gone, I thought it would be Watson staying at 14 to spell Brailey, then Pearce and Green in the halves this year before they make room for Clifford with whoever is better out of Crossland and Hoy. Mann just to be backline injury cover.

shear_joy9

Coach
Now with Lino gone, I thought it would be Watson staying at 14 to spell Brailey, then Pearce and Green in the halves this year before they make room for Clifford with whoever is better out of Crossland and Hoy. Mann just to be backline injury cover.

Mann was their best player at 6 and Pearce one of the worst. Brailey is an 80min hooker so resigning Watson who’s now busted as a player just to keep ponga happy isn’t a smart move.

Knight76

Juniors
Good signing, he seems a really decent young half who just needs a coach to believe in him. Knights squad seems fairly stacked with halves though. Pearce, Mann, Crossland, Green, Watson, Hoy and now Clifford. Who gives?

It's for 2022 not next year, unless cows release him early.

By 2022 we won't have green. Mann and Watson will fight it out for the bench utility spot, Crossland and Hoy will be in reserves, Pearce will be halfback.

If for next year, same deal but Green and Clifford fight it out for the 6. But green won't be ready round 1, so Clifford gets to start the year at 6.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
JAC would be a great marquee signing for our new expansion team - can't wait for the first match between Storm and Afghanistan FC!
Afghanistan FC don't need wingers. A few carefully placed landmines would do just as good a job of defending the try line

elyod138

Bench
I am very disappointed that he wasn't part of the Cowboys' plans for 2022 and beyond. Unfortunately for him, Green never gave him an extended run as starting half, preferring instead to name the likes of Hampton as Morgo's halves partner. Cliffo does have a few errors in his game, particularly when it comes to 5th tackle plays, but I was excited to see him and Drinky starting to build a decent combination in second half of this season just passed.

My biggest concern is that Morgo will return from injury as a shadow of the player he was, and that's if he isn't medically retired. If he's in and out of the side due to injury, it will inevitably result in another season of mediocrity and underachievement by the Cowboys.
Hannay was the one who picked Hampton in the halves over Cliffo this year.

Green only picked Hampton once in the halves, that was back in 2017.

As hard as it will be to see, I hope Cliffo fulfills his potential. He's had plenty of extended stints in first grade at the Cowboys but he's been a shadow of the player he was in the lower grades. There have been rumours for years that the club haven't been happy with his attitude off the field, probably explains why he's been in and out of the team. I do think he turned a bit of a corner this year and displayed more hunger, he's nothing like the player he was though. He looked like Andrew Johns in the lower grades, now he doesn't even have a passing game. I think the potential is still in there, it's up to the Knights now to unlock it.

dogslife

Coach
Matt Burton to the Dogs from 2022

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/11/25/matt-burton-to-join-the-bulldogs-in-2022/

I think the Smugs should do the right thing and let him go for next season, and pay half his salary. In return we will graciously offer you a replacement with proven family pedigree in Lachlan Lewis. We can even take ourselves out of the Benji Marshall sweepstakes as a sweetener.

Also Baz.... What a spunk, get him up here I wanna boof him

shear_joy9

Coach
There is some crazy wraps on Burton and now a massive contract for a guy that has only played two first grade games. One against the completely demoralised Warriors straight after covid restart and the other where he spectacularly shat the bed against the busted knights.

I wish the kid well and he obviously has a lot of talent, but there is now huge pressure and weight of expectations on him unnecessarily.

There is some crazy wraps on Burton and now a massive contract for a guy that has only played two first grade games. One against the completely demoralised Warriors straight after covid restart and the other where he spectacularly shat the bed against the busted knights.

I wish the kid well and he obviously has a lot of talent, but there is now huge pressure and weight of expectations on him unnecessarily.

I dare say some of it also comes from the fact that there is not a great quantity of quality halves/five eights at most NRL clubs, so I dare say there may be sub-conscious thinking that magnifies a player's performance who plays in those positions.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Burton is going to look great next to all those great players the Bulldogs have...

Seriously though, he'll be good for the Dogs. A great running half with a pretty good bag of tricks

Vic Mackey

Referee

Well Phil Gould said he'll be a better player then Claery and Luai

mistertaylor

Juniors
Hannay was the one who picked Hampton in the halves over Cliffo this year.

Green only picked Hampton once in the halves, that was back in 2017.

As hard as it will be to see, I hope Cliffo fulfills his potential. He's had plenty of extended stints in first grade at the Cowboys but he's been a shadow of the player he was in the lower grades. There have been rumours for years that the club haven't been happy with his attitude off the field, probably explains why he's been in and out of the team. I do think he turned a bit of a corner this year and displayed more hunger, he's nothing like the player he was though. He looked like Andrew Johns in the lower grades, now he doesn't even have a passing game. I think the potential is still in there, it's up to the Knights now to unlock it.
I stand corrected, but my point remains that the coach/es should have persevered with him as a starting half