What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the result is the same who cares how long it takes

The earlier the signing the better for the club, more memberships in particular. Panthers lost a huge amount of money last year, it’s just good business the earlier it can be wrapped up.

Long term success is predicated on good off field management.

murraymob

First Grade
I can’t find a link around what the Bulldogs paid for Luke Thompson the front rower but given his UK reputation as the best front rower in Super League he would not have been cheap.

Add in the confirmed new signings for this season in Hetherington, Cotric, Flanagan, Waddell and a couple of re-signings in Elliot & Averillo and that is some serious cap space.

Burton and Ado Carr from 2022 both high cost signings.

I just can’t see how they could possibly accommodate one or both of Crichton and Lenui while at the same time still have to fit another 16-20 under there cap in 2022. Simple maths says it just ain’t possible.
What we never know is highly likely the dogs have al
The earlier the signing the better for the club, more memberships in particular. Panthers lost a huge amount of money last year, it’s just good business the earlier it can be wrapped up.

its also better so if we are looking at second their signing we get half decent ones.Knowing what is left to spend

Bob

Juniors
Broncos transfers: John Asiata tipped to join Brisbane, Matt Lodge free to leave
The Broncos are set secure one of the NRL’s most versatile forwards as Kevin Walters reveals how his pack will look in 2021.

Peter Badel
November 28, 2020 - 5:00PM

Kevin Walters gets to work with Broncos
NRL: Kevin Walters has put the Broncos through their paces in a gruelling training session as he tries to lift the team from the bottom of the ladder.
Kevin Walters’ shake-up of Brisbane’s roster is in overdrive with John Asiata poised to become a Bronco as controversial prop Matt Lodge fights to save his career at Red Hill.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Asiata is on the verge of inking a deal with the Broncos, with Joe Ofahengaue’s impending departure to the Wests Tigers freeing-up funds for Brisbane to secure the Cowboys premiership winner.

Asiata’s management will ramp-up talks with the Broncos on Monday.

The 27-year-old has interest from seven clubs, including NRL sides Cronulla, Penrith and the Bulldogs and English Super League outfits Leeds, Hull, Huddersfield and Warrington, but his preference is to play under Walters at the Broncos.

Asiata is hopeful of finalising the deal this week in a move that would bring some ball-playing creativity to a Broncos pack undergoing reform following the release of Ofahengaue, David Fifita’s loss to the Titans and Lodge’s lingering uncertainty.

Hooked

Juniors
Broncos transfers: John Asiata tipped to join Brisbane, Matt Lodge free to leave
The Broncos are set secure one of the NRL’s most versatile forwards as Kevin Walters reveals how his pack will look in 2021.

Peter Badel
November 28, 2020 - 5:00PM

Kevin Walters gets to work with Broncos
NRL: Kevin Walters has put the Broncos through their paces in a gruelling training session as he tries to lift the team from the bottom of the ladder.
Kevin Walters’ shake-up of Brisbane’s roster is in overdrive with John Asiata poised to become a Bronco as controversial prop Matt Lodge fights to save his career at Red Hill.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Asiata is on the verge of inking a deal with the Broncos, with Joe Ofahengaue’s impending departure to the Wests Tigers freeing-up funds for Brisbane to secure the Cowboys premiership winner.

Asiata’s management will ramp-up talks with the Broncos on Monday.

The 27-year-old has interest from seven clubs, including NRL sides Cronulla, Penrith and the Bulldogs and English Super League outfits Leeds, Hull, Huddersfield and Warrington, but his preference is to play under Walters at the Broncos.

Asiata is hopeful of finalising the deal this week in a move that would bring some ball-playing creativity to a Broncos pack undergoing reform following the release of Ofahengaue, David Fifita’s loss to the Titans and Lodge’s lingering uncertainty.

If we are looking at Asiata, there definately are concerns over Lenui. Equally if the Dogs are looking at him, they mustn't have Leniu over the line either.

franklin2323

Immortal

August it looked like being 26-28 players with the agreed upon amount. Say we used that model we would be in some trouble right now. Usually yes but it was a strange year hopefully going forward signings aren't dragged out so long

betcats

Referee
Their 2021 squad actually looks decent compared to the rubbish of 2020. They won't come last.

Definitely and improving squad but it’s still not a good one as it stands for 2021. The only change to their spine so far is Flanno who the jury is still out on. Even if they get Burto this year their spine has plenty of question marks. Waddel and Heathro are good signings but nowhere enough to make it a top 8 pack. Obviously they are looking at spending some decent coin on Leniu so they aren’t done but I don’t see a massive improvement out of them tbh. Obviously Barret is a good attacking coach but will he be able to get a them defending together, there will be new faces across the park. If the season is going rough for them will he be able to hols the joint together?

martielang

Bench
Possibly in relation to a Naden swap, I’d rather hang on to Nado.

Depends on the attitude issues though. Due to the recent cull we really don't have many older guys who can set the standard at the moment, so I think we need to look outside pure playing ability which seems to be where Naden falls down.

I like Seve, good player. I wanted to chase him last year but who knows how he'll bounce back after an ACL.

betcats

Referee
Depends on the attitude issues though. Due to the recent cull we really don't have many older guys who can set the standard at the moment, so I think we need to look outside pure playing ability which seems to be where Naden falls down.

I like Seve, good player. I wanted to chase him last year but who knows how he'll bounce back after an ACL.

Even without the ACL I see a lot more upside in Naden tbh. Seve is a centre, he hasn’t done to well on the wing when I’ve seen him there and Naden will flat out score more tries in either position.

I think Naden coming forward and asking for help is a good sign. Obviously he was not doing well in some way but recognising he needs help is a sign of maturity.

If we are looking for someone to set the standards and show some leadership I don’t know much about Seve off field but he has only played 19 games and he is coming off a serious injury, I’m not sure we could expect him to be that guy.

Sime_11

Juniors
I think Naden coming forward and asking for help is a good sign. Obviously he was not doing well in some way but recognising he needs help is a sign of maturity.

we should be retaining Naden IMO - 2020 Naden had a breakout - we had the best defence record all year - clearly Naden's defence isnt that bad if we had that stat in our favour.

The fact he asked for help speaks volumes - he shows faith in the club, we should be doing the same, i hope we retain him, Nades is a starting centre for us in 2021 IMO, regardless if Crichton commits or leaves us.

Bob

Juniors
Weidler just tweeted that Nado was drug tested on the day of the grand final, couple of days later went into rehab, I hate that muck raker, should leave the kid alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts