What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jury discharged

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There are 3 options here:
1. Call a re-trial
2. The Crown can withdraw their case (taking consideration of costs etc)
3. The complainant can withdraw their complaint

Hard to know given we arent privy to what the hung jury split was.

Maddragon99

Juniors
So we might have to wait until next year for JDB. Bloody hell must find a replacement I reckon.

Jesus Christ it’s been 2yrs! Given the likely outcome of a retrial sometime next year the Club has no choice other than to move on & attempt to find a replacement.

Jack’s no longer a contracted player so will not be able to train with the team so if he does become available sometime in 2021 he’ll be nowhere near match fit.

For all parties involved this really must be the most frustrating outcome.

Dragon David

First Grade
The cost for both the defence and prosecution on this matter would be horrendous. If August next year in the Wollongong District Court is the time for the re-trial, it certainly will be a drain on the parties financially and emotionally.

I'm hoping that next Wednesday we will find out where all stands.

To me, this is not a JDB playing footy again for us it is more about the people and the affects on their lives.

possm

Coach
The cost for both the defence and prosecution on this matter would be horrendous. If August next year in the Wollongong District Court is the time for the re-trial, it certainly will be a drain on the parties financially and emotionally.

I'm hoping that next Wednesday we will find out where all stands.

To me, this is not a JDB playing footy again for us it is more about the people and the affects on their lives.
Isn't the cost of the prosecutor and all of the claimants legal cost at tax payer expense?

possm

Coach
It's time for the dragons to move on and sign someone .
They have waited long enough.
Asiata will be a bronco.
It is not JDB that is holding up the Club from replacing Frizell. To my calculations there is plenty of cap left to buy a top line prop and a top line edge forward but it must be that the right players have not become available as yet.

Let's see what happens on Wed. the charges might be dropped or withdrawn.

Gareth67

First Grade
August next year - at the earliest ?

No comment upon the mis-trial itself , what’s the point ? However the Joint Venture must move on from JDB if they are truly interested in going forward - they really have no choice . For 2 years the Dragons have patiently been awaiting a decision from the courts and also standing by JDB .

The club itself can no longer stand idly by , watching the world of rugby league and progress for the Dragons themselves whilst awaiting a final outcome .

JDB - imo - should understand this and release the Joint Venture from any contractual obligations it may have to him and allow the club to move forward and by so doing the team itself .

Last edited:

Latest posts