What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I don’t buy that for a second. Without JobKeeper we would have been f**ked.
I think the point is that we were in a recession (by other measures) already in the last q of 2019 amd first q of 2020 and had they stimulated the economy back then, the we would have started covid in a better position. He reckons that they were too hung up on their “surplus”.

He is not saying that JK could have been avoided.

Im telling ypu that business confidence now is better than Dec 2020. It was floundering a year ago.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I think the point is that we were in a recession (by other measures) already in the last q of 2019 amd first q of 2020 and had they stimulated the economy back then, the we would have started covid in a better position. He reckons that they were too hung up on their “surplus”.

Im telling ypu that business confidence now is better than Dec 2020. It was floundering a year ago.
How much of that is relative confidence though. As in, we all thought we are royally f**ked, and then we were only a little bit f**ked and everyone is quite relieved and confidence bounces.

Gronk

Staff member
How much of that is relative confidence though. As in, we all thought we are royally f**ked, and then we were only a little bit f**ked and everyone is quite relieved and confidence bounces.
Dunno. The economy and confidence is patchy, but the mood is better now. Certainly there is relief that we are not suffering like USA and Sweden now.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I assume you mean Dec 2019?

I reckon our tourism and mining sectors aren’t feeling too confident right now.