What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Heard from a penrith supporter on talkin sport that we have signed russell packer i guess tigers would be paying half his salary thoughts guys.

Thoughts. We’ve allowed Tamou to move on, Jack too, struggling to retain Spencer and some knucklehead caller on talkin sport suggests we are going to bring in Russell Packer. I can’t possibly express my thoughts on here given I would be banned for life.

murraymob

First Grade
Heard from a penrith supporter on talkin sport that we have signed russell packer i guess tigers would be paying half his salary thoughts guys.
I would think it’s a piss take.Sort of a shot across the bow at Cleary signing him to the tigers

30 man Jersey Flegg squad for 2021. 10 players from this years SG Ball side promoted plus Cody Lawson from Mudgee , Luke Bain and MacKenzie Atkins from Bathurst, Liam Henry And Thomas Jenkins

Last edited:
He is done in the NRL regardless of the trial result I believe. He & JDB are certified pigs even if innocent of what they are charged with. The behaviour in both cases to get themselves into the position to be accused is pretty poor.

Dragons have a contract on the table for JDB if he’s found not guilty.

Das Hassler

Bench
Thoughts. We’ve allowed Tamou to move on, Jack too, struggling to retain Spencer and some knucklehead caller on talkin sport suggests we are going to bring in Russell Packer. I can’t possibly express my thoughts on here given I would be banned for life.

With Tamau gone it wouldn't surprise me if true...Ivan likes him and sees him as a leader and a positive (rehabilitation story to tell) role model...if you have him he'll more than likely start the season well then fall away pretty quickly...there's probably no other NRL prop less suited to the current touch footy pace of 6 again...with and without the ball.

MugaB

Coach
Packer and Cleary?

I was under the impression that they don't get along.
I met russell at an origin night at the crossways pub, a few years ago along with Matalino, they were both great guys, i know packer has a past, but if his body is right, im happy to see his aggression out on the field, his first year with Ivan was pretty good, tigers were beating good teams by winning the pack, if only by a few points, it was the tigers fans that gave him a bad name and after a few injuries, and claiming his pay packet was not worth it.

His focus on straight and fast hit ups along with the intimidation, is well worth it, you only have to see him take on matterson earlier this year, he had the ball, guys hanging off him and still managed to barrage matterson a metre or so backwards, all while laughing at him, i personally love his passion, and i get people dont have time for him, but i think if we get him cheap for a year, he could fill Tamou and Hethro role, till Leniu gets more experience... we need an enforcer, and as much as i love JFH, he is more of a workhorse like Yeo is too, and they arent scary as much a Tetevano/Packer combo off the bench
videotogif_2020.07.24_07.32.28.gif

I mean to put it in perspective, Tetevano has been a solid buy this year, and his experience has helped our pack especially when the training during covid shutdown with Kikau.
And as far as past issues, Tetevano has a troubled past, i don't see the difference with Russell, as long as he is fit and buys into the Squad, we need some more mongrel.

Any confirmation on this @Blade23?

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
You can’t medically retire unless you have an injury that prevents you from playing. He’s currently fit to play. It’s that simple.
Nothing wrong with Whare, he just isn't ontop of the list of centre picks, but still adds to our depth, as ive said before so many times still valuable to our squad in terms of helping the younger roster, i'd still be looking to get benji for that exact reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts