What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloiai gone?

gordsy

Juniors
What's a mystery? He's an AOG and Manly offered him nearly double. His family and Church would have pushed him to take the money so he shit on us and made it untenable to stay.
Wonder if he read this part of the bible Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Odd how the church has so much money and land then....
I wonder how he sleeps at night..

The church thing like many people with religion is no doubt twisted to suit his own needs.
We talked tough and now look like pussies and fools in the pr side of it. We probably did get compo for it (who knows with us) but where's tough man Lee now and his sidekick, meth head looking Pascoe...

WT Unity

Juniors
I disagree. I don't see how we lost the PR battle here! A player obviously at the urging of his manager creates something out of nothing in order to get more cash with never even a hint of any wrong-doing or anything untoward from WT. Remember in all this the manager picks up an extra cut of cash from both the AFB deal and the Aloiai deal now that both their contract deals increased. In most cases the manager also picks up an extra fee for the contract negotiation, so another pay day for the manager x 2.
I can't see how that reflects poorly on us from a PR perspective.
The Chairman comes out strong and says he won't be going unless there is an advantageous outcome for the WT.
Well we got an equivalent player that we have secured for 3 years and some cash (undisclosed amount yes I know) from Manly, but we still ensured that we got something from them and that it was publicized in all the news and press releases.
Who is the better player JA or JO? - Well to tell the truth I don't really know for sure but I know I'd rather a fresh player who wants to play for us rather than one who at the drop of a hat can be manipulated so easily by his manager and comes out and churlishly states he'll never wear our jersey again.
Oh and by the way - JO's PR can state that he's played origin, semi-finals and a GF!
I'm strongly thinking we've had a very definite win in the PR stakes out of this one...

Tigerm

First Grade
I disagree. I don't see how we lost the PR battle here! A player obviously at the urging of his manager creates something out of nothing in order to get more cash with never even a hint of any wrong-doing or anything untoward from WT. Remember in all this the manager picks up an extra cut of cash from both the AFB deal and the Aloiai deal now that both their contract deals increased. In most cases the manager also picks up an extra fee for the contract negotiation, so another pay day for the manager x 2.
The Chairman comes out strong and says he won't be going unless there is an advantageous outcome for the WT.
Well we got an equivalent player that we have secured for 3 years and some cash (undisclosed amount yes I know) from Manly, but we still ensured that we got something from them and that it was publicized in all the news and press releases.
Who is the better player JA or JO? - Well to tell the truth I don't really know for sure but I know I'd rather a fresh player who wants to play for us rather than one who at the drop of a hat can be manipulated so easily by his manager and comes out and churlishly states he'll never wear our jersey again.
Oh and by the way - JO's PR can state that he's played origin, semi-finals and a GF!
I'm strongly thinking we've had a very definite win in the PR stakes out of this one...
We did get a fee from Manly, but don't forget, we also kept his next years salary ($350k), so we are now talking money for an elite player if we want?

Wonder if he read this part of the bible Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Odd how the church has so much money and land then....
I wonder how he sleeps at night..

The church thing like many people with religion is no doubt twisted to suit his own needs.
We talked tough and now look like pussies and fools in the pr side of it. We probably did get compo for it (who knows with us) but where's tough man Lee now and his sidekick, meth head looking Pascoe...

They said they wouldn't release him unless they got something that they wanted for it. They got a six figure sum which I am going to guess they wanted as they wouldn't have released him. They organised another forward to replace him. I'd say we came out ahead. We have more money to spend and didn't give up a roster spot. It'd great if we could shake another good signing out of the tree between now and round 1. We desperately need a talented second rower, and another on top of that.

I hope we've told Seyfarth his services are no longer required. We have plenty of props.

Perth Tiger

Bench
wasn't there also talk of us using the money from Manly to secure that Panther kid Laurie early? so if we get a replacement plus can get a fullback a year early I would say we have come out in front

gordsy

Juniors
They said they wouldn't release him unless they got something that they wanted for it. They got a six figure sum which I am going to guess they wanted as they wouldn't have released him. They organised another forward to replace him. I'd say we came out ahead. We have more money to spend and didn't give up a roster spot. It'd great if we could shake another good signing out of the tree between now and round 1. We desperately need a talented second rower, and another on top of that.

I hope we've told Seyfarth his services are no longer required. We have plenty of props.

I haven't seen the articles re us getting a 6 figure sum but I hope we did. My point is we always talk tough then seem to retreat. Maybe we should adopt the approach of walk silently and carry a big stick...

Tigerm

First Grade
I haven't seen the articles re us getting a 6 figure sum but I hope we did. My point is we always talk tough then seem to retreat. Maybe we should adopt the approach of walk silently and carry a big stick...
Well who wins if we keep a first grade player in reserves? Not the club or the fans, we need a full squad to be competitive, we can get into enough trouble.

From the other site:
@THE_POM said in Ofahengaue Signs/ Aloiai released:

Can’t disclose the amount but is 6 figures.
Now the plan is to throw part of that at Panthers in a bid to release Laurie.
Laurie is the next priority so we can have a full off season with future spin.
Musgrove also offered new 2 year deal.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Well who wins if we keep a first grade player in reserves? Not the club or the fans, we need a full squad to be competitive, we can get into enough trouble.

From the other site:
@THE_POM said in Ofahengaue Signs/ Aloiai released:

Can’t disclose the amount but is 6 figures.
Now the plan is to throw part of that at Panthers in a bid to release Laurie.
Laurie is the next priority so we can have a full off season with future spin.
Musgrove also offered new 2 year deal.

Interesting if true on Musgrove. Madge must absolutely love him to get him from Souths and stick by him because he has produced very little on the field for basically his whole career (admittedly through off field stuff and injuries).

But still, for the right dollars a 2 year contract makes sense

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting if true on Musgrove. Madge must absolutely love him to get him from Souths and stick by him because he has produced very little on the field for basically his whole career (admittedly through off field stuff and injuries).

But still, for the right dollars a 2 year contract makes sense
I think the way our recruitment is now working, no one will be on inflated dollars.

gordsy

Juniors
I read re Aloai stroy goes he was stuffed around for 6 to 8 weeks by the club in terms of an extension and then told he had 24 hours to sign the contract. He told the club to get farked and here we are.
Now I'm not saying that's gospel but knowing our club I can see it being true.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I read with Aloai he was stuffed around for 608 by the club in terms of an extension and then told he had 24 hours to sign the contract. He rightly told the club to get farked and here we are.

He was just playing for money. The club probably called him out for it. He could have signed easily with us without exploring his options. He would have had a pay rise that was more than fair.

Tigerm

First Grade
I read with Aloai he was stuffed around for 608 by the club in terms of an extension and then told he had 24 hours to sign the contract. He rightly told the club to get farked and here we are.
There was something I read about they gave him his offer and realised something was odd as he didn’t sign they believed he was fishing so they told him they would pull the offer in 24 hrs
Can’t find it and no idea if it was true though it sounds true

BrotherJim05

Bench
There was something I read about they gave him his offer and realised something was odd as he didn’t sign they believed he was fishing so they told him they would pull the offer in 24 hrs
Can’t find it and no idea if it was true though it sounds true

I heard something similar