What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2021 top 8 predictions

top eight 2 0 2 1

• Total voters

Valheru

Coach
Manly and titans to go in the 8. Broncos a smoke to join them, they remind me of roosters 09 on that the squad was nowhere near spoon calibre on paper, they just weren't playing for the coach.

Parra and Penrith to miss top 4. In the case of Penrith there is no way they will get on a role like this year and I don't believe they have the squad and more importantly the coach to be the hunted rather than the hunter.

Sharks to drop out of the 8, that squad just needs a refresh. Knights are the other easy option to miss out but I'm not so sure, I'll put parra and Penrith as smokeys in that regards, in fact I am confident at least one of them will miss out.

Someguy

First Grade
Down:

Knights to have and up and down season drop out of the 8 and possibly sack the coach along the way.

Up:

Manly to push for a top 4 spot

Titans to be the feel good team of the season and will for the first season ever have more 50/50 calls go for them than against.

Bulldogs to be in reach of the 8

Unsure:

Broncos roster is better than 16th place no effort at all last season. With effort results will come

Panthers at best were 2nd best team last season (behind roosters). Players feeling the hype and may struggle to reproduce the form of last season. Cleary could have confidence issues after a down performance in the grand final then the origin series loss.

Rabbits hot and cold team that get momentum from 6 agains and penalties. Tough to beat when things go their way, other times really ordinary. Anywhere from 3rd-14th on the ladder!

Sime_11

Juniors
Souths
Roosters
Panthers
Raiders
Storm
Cowboys
Knights

"Bottom 8 Premiers"
Eels
Warriors
Sharks
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs
Broncos
Dragons

This Year?

Immortal
Mine was a super boring prediction. I think the Titans will make the 8 at the expense of the Sharks. I can't see any other side from the bottom 8 in 2020 improve enough to make the top 8 in 2021, or any other top 8 side in 2020 falling badly in 2021.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Fairly surprised by the amount of people having souths finish top 2. People seem to forget they were bog average for 90% of the season. Before they beat the Roosters they barely scraped home over a tigers team who won 1 of their last 8 and then got completely sodimized by the side that finished 15th.

They went on to beat a Roosters side who were doing anything to not have to fly to Brisbane the next week, then accounted for probably the worst 7th placed team in NRL era. Next up they needed a standard Moses choke to get past the Eels.

Bennetts already been told he this is his last year. He’s off to coach QLD in the middle of the year and will spent all his time trying to land a job for 2022.

Theyve gone and spent big on a guy who was a bench player for a team who missed the 8 in retrospectively the most unneeded signing of the decade. The 6/7/9 are 31,31 and 30, none of them are getting better.

Sure they’re too good to miss the 8, but will likely be another 6th or so finish for mine.

mongoose

Coach
I want to tip the Titans to have a good year but I have done so in the past and they have been a complete flop. There appears to be a mood and self belief about them at the moment though.

I think the Eels will drop and could miss the 8 altogether.

Not sure with the Knights, i can see them just finishing 6th - 9th again and another year of frustration.

Warriors will be a flop and go close to getting the spoon. I think there will be a hangover affect from 2020 season.

Roosters, Storm, Raiders, Panthers and Rabbitohs I expect to all be high up on the ladder again....

Marlins

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Souths
3. Easts
4. Panthers
5. Eels
6. Raiders
7. Knights
8. Titans

9. Sharks
10. Broncos
11. Cowboys
12. Warriors
13. Bulldogs
14. Dragons
15. Tigers
16. Manly

Galeforce

Bench
Fairly surprised by the amount of people having souths finish top 2. People seem to forget they were bog average for 90% of the season. Before they beat the Roosters they barely scraped home over a tigers team who won 1 of their last 8 and then got completely sodimized by the side that finished 15th.

They went on to beat a Roosters side who were doing anything to not have to fly to Brisbane the next week, then accounted for probably the worst 7th placed team in NRL era. Next up they needed a standard Moses choke to get past the Eels.

Bennetts already been told he this is his last year. He’s off to coach QLD in the middle of the year and will spent all his time trying to land a job for 2022.

Theyve gone and spent big on a guy who was a bench player for a team who missed the 8 in retrospectively the most unneeded signing of the decade. The 6/7/9 are 31,31 and 30, none of them are getting better.

Sure they’re too good to miss the 8, but will likely be another 6th or so finish for mine.

lol your entitled to your opinion, however like always your attitude re Souths interesting.

Anyway , as you watch Tigers game, your thinking that any team that just beats Tigers , cannot be a top notch team. Your attitude to your team kinda sad.

You seem to FORGET Souths slaughtered the EeLs and Manly as part of their run home.

You also appear to forget that Souths lost LM and were adapting to playing without him.....which they worked out by the time they hit the Roosters.

Also you conveniently forget the wins from behind against Knights and then Eels.

As for Panthers loss........you probably did not notice that Souths lost Tatola and Sirro in the first half , which TOLD in the second half , with breakaway try up the centre of the forwards that lost them the game.

As for Bennett.......he was NOT TOLD, it was agreed from the start , which is why is bought his assistant with him to be his replacement as part of the deal.

As for Arrow.......lets see.

dietmexicola

Juniors
I think this year will be much more competitive.
Fall: Eels (fight for 8), Panthers (out of top 4), Sharks (out of 8)
Rise: Titans (scrape into 8), Broncos (fight for 8), Manly (fight for 8)

Valheru

Coach
lol your entitled to your opinion, however like always your attitude re Souths interesting.

Anyway , as you watch Tigers game, your thinking that any team that just beats Tigers , cannot be a top notch team. Your attitude to your team kinda sad.

You seem to FORGET Souths slaughtered the EeLs and Manly as part of their run home.

You also appear to forget that Souths lost LM and were adapting to playing without him.....which they worked out by the time they hit the Roosters.

Also you conveniently forget the wins from behind against Knights and then Eels.

As for Panthers loss........you probably did not notice that Souths lost Tatola and Sirro in the first half , which TOLD in the second half , with breakaway try up the centre of the forwards that lost them the game.

As for Bennett.......he was NOT TOLD, it was agreed from the start , which is why is bought his assistant with him to be his replacement as part of the deal.

As for Arrow.......lets see.

What a response to a prediction another poster made.

You do understand the concept of a prediction and it having no bearing on what actually occurs?

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
What a response to a prediction another poster made.

You do understand the concept of a prediction and it having no bearing on what actually occurs?

Lol , so comprehension not your strongest suit.

You ignore that I am responding to a RESPONSE TO MANY PREDICTIONS other posters made.

I ignored the prediction of 6th for Souths, dummy

Valheru

Coach
Lol , so comprehension not your strongest suit.

You ignore that I am responding to a RESPONSE TO MANY PREDICTIONS other posters made.

I ignored the prediction of 6th for Souths, dummy

??

Your whole post was whinging about his souths prediction.

Latest posts