What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

RedVDave

First Grade
Been a good movie streak lately

They live
The thing (1982)
This is spinal tap
Carrie (1976)

The only bad ones were bill and ted face the music and the new mutants both really bad IMO.

Boss Level
A Groundhog Day sci fi .
Well made ..not a bad story .a few good laughs .
Plenty of violence .
Frank Grillo is the man who dies everyday .
Mel Gibson & Naomi Watts are great .
If you liked Happy Death Day then you'll enjoy this
8/10

Wizardman

First Grade
Watched Kill Bill Vol 1 again last night. I have never been a big Uma fan but boy she was born to play that role. An underestimated performance......she actually made it believable that she was an elite hit woman. That scene with the Crazy 88 is one of the greatest fight scenes of all time.

Watched American Gangster for the first time last night.

It didn't grab me like i was hoping for. Good nonetheless and filled in a couple of hours while I had the house to myself.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Been a good movie streak lately

They live
The thing (1982)
This is spinal tap
Carrie (1976)

The only bad ones were bill and ted face the music and the new mutants both really bad IMO.

Have not seen the 1982 version of The Thing since it was released back then.
The 1976 version of Carrie is so well done, it still creeps me out now. Saw a bit of the 2013 version of Carrie on you tube , what a load of tripe.

RedVDave

First Grade
Have not seen the 1982 version of The Thing since it was released back then.
The 1976 version of Carrie is so well done, it still creeps me out now. Saw a bit of the 2013 version of Carrie on you tube , what a load of tripe.

With the exception of scarface and the Mummy I can't think of any remakes that surpass the original. ...and if you thought the Carrie remake was bad ...try this one on for size lol

upload_2020-12-15_20-49-43.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’ve had my baby bro staying over the last week and he binged the Mandolorian, he loved it by the way and the conversation came up on the sequel trilogy and he hadn’t seen the last two movies.

So with great regret and a lot of alcohol I watched them both with him, holleeeeeee sheeeeet they are even worse than I remembered them. I think the Rise of Skywalker is somehow a worse movie than the last Jedi and though I hate it more. My bro couldn’t believe how bad they were he thought I was exaggerating as usual. His first question was how do you have so much money and amazing source material and come up with something so horrible???? Excellent question you man baby!!!!

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
. I think the Rise of Skywalker is somehow a worse movie than the last Jedi and though I hate it more. My bro couldn’t believe how bad they were he thought I was exaggerating as usual. His first question was how do you have so much money and amazing source material and come up with something so horrible???? Excellent question you man baby!!!!

Shocking truth bomb: you'd have to have the mind of a child to think the originals were great.

Either that, or you saw them before you were 7 and have irrationally strong nostalgia.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Shocking truth bomb: you'd have to have the mind of a child to think the originals were great.

Either that, or you saw them before you were 7 and have irrationally strong nostalgia.
Well I was about 6 when I watched the original and not much older when I watched the other two. And sure when I watch them now I can see their faults but I love the characters and the story. The sequel trilogy had boring characters with a non existent plot.

It’s telling none of 10 their new shows have anything to do with the sequel trilogy shit show.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Well I was about 6 when I watched the original and not much older when I watched the other two. And sure when I watch them now I can see their faults but I love the characters and the story. The sequel trilogy had boring characters with a non existent plot.

It’s telling none of 10 their new shows have anything to do with the sequel trilogy shit show.
I didn't see any of them until I was in my early 20s. Age counts for a great deal, the 8 year old next door reckons EPs 1-3 are the best

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Wave
Recorded this off SBS ages ago about a crevice collapsing in the Norwegian Alps causing a huge tsunami which devastated everything in it path, it was a well done disaster movie with great character and tension build up, could see bits of the 70s disaster films Earthquake and The Poseidon Adventure in it. It had a sequel called The Quake which i watched a few months ago.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
How Can You Mend A Broken Heart-The Bee Gees story.

Just saw this at the Dendy this afternoon, wow, what a roller coaster ride their lives were, highs, lows and everything in between, bought back some great memories but also some really sad bits which i can remember as clear as day. Such a huge back catalogue of great songs and so many famous songs written for other artists. Even if you are not a fan it is a very interesting doco.