What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Panthers - 27 February, 2021 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
70 days to go !

=========================

NRL pre-season trials

February 20
NRL All Stars: Indigenous v Maori women's game 4.40pm (AEST); Indigenous v Maori men's game 7pm (AEST) at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

February 27
Storm v Knights: 5.30pm (AEDT) at Casey Fields, Melbourne

Roosters v Raiders: 5.30pm (AEDT) at Leichhardt Oval

Sharks v Bulldogs: 6pm (AEDT) at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium. Kick-off time to be confirmed

Titans v Warriors: 6pm (AEDT) at Oaks Oval, Lismore

Rabbitohs v Dragons: 6.30pm (AEDT) at Mudgee

Eels v Panthers: 7.30pm (AEDT) at Panthers Stadium

Broncos v Cowboys: 7pm (AEST) at TBC

February 28
Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles: 5pm (AEDT) at Leichhardt Oval

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/18/nrl-2021-pre-season-trials-all-stars-kick-off-new-year/

Gronk

Staff member
Marata has to serve a suspension. IIRC this game counts (?).

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought he had a 2 game suspension and served that in first two finals. Or did he only miss one game?

Gronk

Staff member
Did you even read that?

‘‘Under the rules, if a player is serving a grade-one or grade-two penalty, they can play trials while suspended,’’ an NRL spokesman said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/03/finals-week-1-charges-viliame-kikau-facing-suspension/#:~:text=Parramatta forward Marata Niukore has,grade-one crusher tackle charge.&text=Knights hooker Chris Randall has,side's loss to South Sydney.

Parramatta forward Marata Niukore has accepted a two-match ban after receiving a grade-one crusher tackle charge.

Sorry no gotcha merkin, “they can play whilst suspended” does not mean that it counts as a game served if he sits out, which was my original question.

So he still needs to sit out Round 1.

hybrideel

Bench
Sorry no gotcha merkin, “they can play whilst suspended” does not mean that it counts as a game served if he sits out, which was my original question.

So he still needs to sit out Round 1.

I think the point IALB was making was it seemed you agreed with TPB saying he can't play trials AND will sit out round 1, where it looks like he will sit out round 1 but will be able to play trials

TheParraboy

Staff member
Why wouldn't he be allowed to play trials? I don't think I've ever heard of that before, unless they count as a suspended game.

Did you even read that?

‘‘Under the rules, if a player is serving a grade-one or grade-two penalty, they can play trials while suspended,’’ an NRL spokesman said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/03/finals-week-1-charges-viliame-kikau-facing-suspension/#:~:text=Parramatta forward Marata Niukore has,grade-one crusher tackle charge.&text=Knights hooker Chris Randall has,side's loss to South Sydney.

Parramatta forward Marata Niukore has accepted a two-match ban after receiving a grade-one crusher tackle charge.

I was only guessing what I thought from past suspensions without knowing the grading exemption

But looks like he can play the trials, which is lovely for him, Parra, the fans and Rd 2...

I was only guessing what I thought from past suspensions without knowing the grading exemption

But looks like he can play the trials, which is lovely for him, Parra, the fans and Rd 2...
Yeah I wasn't sure either but it didn't sound right. Thankfully Gronk provided the answer.:D