What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love Ferguson.

Sure, he's getting a bit slower as he ages, and he sometimes has bad hands...and his defence can sometimes be suspect...

But he tries his arse off every game he plays; his kick returns are very effective; and he is still one of the best finishers in the game (his "no try" against the Tigers, which should have been awarded tbh, is one of the greatest pieces of winger finishing play I've ever seen).

Godspeed, Blake - I hope things work out for you!

hindy111

Post Whore
I love Ferguson.

Sure, he's getting a bit slower as he ages, and he sometimes has bad hands...and his defence can sometimes be suspect...

But he tries his arse off every game he plays; his kick returns are very effective; and he is still one of the best finishers in the game (his "no try" against the Tigers, which should have been awarded tbh, is one of the greatest pieces of winger finishing play I've ever seen).

Godspeed, Blake - I hope things work out for you!

A winger who scores 2 tries in a season is useless to a football team no matter how hard he tries.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I hope he sorts it out. He wasn’t great last year but I can’t fault his enthusiasm and energy since joining the club. Well, I could but I’m not @hineyrulz...
Actually even last year I couldn’t fault his effort, he made some bone head plays but he was still doing the tough stuff from our end. I blame our embarrassing attack for his form slump more than anything.

Hope he gets his shit sorted and finishes his time with us on a good note.

IFR33K

Coach
Disagree.
Fergie was average. His hands, errors all below par and didnt make s line break. The guys on 500k.
Waste of $$

Waste of 500k, maybe. But can we afford to lose his experience if MJ is gone? I know he was horrible at centre in his only game there for us, but it may be worthwhile him training there this preseason and running with dunster on the wing. Can’t see the other two players getting a run or adding anything to the team unless there’s injuries. And let’s be honest here, fergo has always been known for having errors in his game.

Glenneel

Bench
I think overall, our squad is stronger heading into 2021 - we got rid of dead weight like Evans, and replaced him with young, up-and-coming talent.

But I am concerned about our outside backs situation.
We still have 3-4 roster positions to fill and I'm sure at least 2 of those will be backs. Think we have a fair bit of money left for a good astute purchase. Have we any juniors coming thru for centre position? What happened to the young Fijian we bought as a centre?

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
We still have 3-4 roster positions to fill and I'm sure at least 2 of those will be backs. Think we have a fair bit of money left for a good astute purchase. Have we any juniors coming thru for centre position? What happened to the young Fijian we bought as a centre?

I don't think we have much money left; we can't do anything with Jennings' money, until a ruling is made on his case.

Every departing player was essentially replaced, so our top 30 is pretty much set.

hindy111

Post Whore
First it was our forwards, then it was the spine, now it's the backs. By the time we get that right it will the forwards again.

It can be hard to balance a side. The backs have potential to be goood enough.
Blake if sorts defense is a great strike centre. Fergo if can get back into some sort of form can be electric. He is not that old.
Sivo also can fix his faults he can be a weapon again like 2019.

But based on 2020 all these 3 where ordinary. Add MJ likely gone the backline is imo bottom 3 in competition. Two very poor defenders and not much strike bar Blake.

Other sides have multiple guys who can create something out of nothing and make breaks and very good meters off them. Bar Blake we just have a few steam rollers and guys who can finish whats been created.
Nothing dangerous to worry opposition.

Stagger eel

Staff member

more like 3 maybe 2 spots available if Roache takes one of those spots.