What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
cuz the word young is sooooo offensive

Offensive or simply a nod of respect and acknowledgment to our indigenous folk ?

Like the SSM debate, it doesn’t hurt to change things that to us seems insignificant, yet to those impacted, means so much.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Offensive or simply a nod of respect and acknowledgment to our indigenous folk ?

Like the SSM debate, it doesn’t hurt to change things that to us seems insignificant, yet to those impacted, means so much.
Include our indigenous folk for sure. There’s no need to change the anthem all together. Every nation hads had their wars but have managed to get over it & live together

Gronk

Staff member
Include our indigenous folk for sure. There’s no need to change the anthem all together. Every nation hads had their wars but have managed to get over it & live together
Our tax payers money has been helping/supporting the indigenous for a long time now. We’ve paid our dues I feel
Australia remains the only commonwealth country not to have signed a treaty with it’s indigenous folk. In fact the party that are in currently in charge refused to say sorry (Howard) and when Rudd finally did, many of them (Dutton etc) walked out of the chamber.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Australia remains the only commonwealth country not to have signed a treaty with it’s indigenous folk. In fact the party that are in currently in charge refused to say sorry (Howard) and when Rudd finally did, many of them (Dutton etc) walked out of the chamber.
"Well I heard it on the radio
And I saw it on the television
Back in 1988, all those talking politicians"

When this came out a few years back I thought it might be the catalyst to finally get something done.

upload_2021-1-1_19-47-12.png

Gronk

Staff member
It’s less than 3 weeks to the inauguration, yet he hasn’t started packing.

Meanwhile both houses trumped Trump.

Of course politics always has an underlying factor. It was an onmibus bill, meaning that it was not only about military spending.

“The president warned that he would not approve the bill unless it contained language to repeal Section 230, a measure that protects social media firms from being liable for third-party posts on their platforms.”

Gronk

Staff member
Remember when Trump pressured Ukraine and it led to him being impeached?

I guess he feels like he can do anything he likes, now that he is out the door.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Remember when Trump pressured Ukraine and it led to him being impeached?

I guess he feels like he can do anything he likes, now that he is out the door.

Whatever happened to draining the swamp? I guess bribery and corruption is OK if it’s for the greater good.

Gronk

Staff member
Whatever happened to draining the swamp? I guess bribery and corruption is OK if it’s for the greater good.
Merkins brush it off. “He’s a New York property developer”, which somehow exonerates him from legal liability.

strider

Post Whore
He should look under tables with black table cloths on them .... theres lots of votes under there

Gronk

Staff member
The court agreed with the USA that Assange went beyond that of a journalist and it was only his mental state that influenced the court.

I am absolutely a mental health advocate, however to say that a merkin’s menal health is at risk if he is extradited is stating the bleeding obvious and not a reasonable defence IMHO. Jail sucks, der. It seems too easy to get a psychiatrist to write a report that says the prisoner is suicidal so he shouldn’t be extradited.

I know that we have a policy that extraditions are not supported if the prisoner will face the death penalty, however I think that this doesn’t pass the pub test. It’s not unlike our quest to have that sleazy peodo woman extradited from Israel. She had been playing the mental health card for years.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've always thought he had mental health issues, I mean how the f**k did he ever imagine that he would ever get away with what he did in the name of journalism ?

Latest posts