What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well he [Benji Marshall] hasn't signed with anyone yet. The Mole ain't gospel.

Personally, I don't think he can keep it up at NRL level. Might be OK to help the younger players. If Easts do sign him, it's likely to be a mistake as an on-field option. Only saving grace is if they want him as a back up.
If he was going to go anywhere though Rorters are probably the best option. For him at least, I can’t see any reason for him to play on but to potentially go out with a GF. If it was about money he’d go to the ESL so he’s obviously not short a dollar.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
If he was going to go anywhere though Rorters are probably the best option. For him at least, I can’t see any reason for him to play on but to potentially go out with a GF. If it was about money he’d go to the ESL so he’s obviously not short a dollar.

FCD,
He probably thinks has can still offer something to clubs and that is a good thing.
l for one agree that he would be an excellent pick up as a back up or game changer with twenty to go.

l have only admiration for Benji.
The way he has held himself over the years.
He certainly no bighead and is not looking for a free lunch.
As others have mentioned, he has achieved everything and the opportunity to pass on vital information to youngsters is worth its weight in gold.

I'd have Benji over Norman, everyday of the week.
With no disrespect to Benji, l'd take Elmur Fudd over Norman.
If Norman continues his 2020 form, l'd play a player down as a better option.
Hopefully, our new accounting firm of Hook, Gentle & Elliot will improve his numbers.

Gareth67

First Grade
He was and is a great player and I loved watching him - but boring on Fox crikey

I think it has something to do with the way those people from across the ditch speak or should I say their grammar , have you ever heard them say 6 ?

By crikey I got the shock of my life years ago , when a Kiwi fella at the local pub told me he “ just hit sex of the best out in the backyard “ while playing a game of cricket !

Haven’t been back there since .:flushed:

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think it has something to do with the way those people from across the ditch speak or should I say their grammar , have you ever heard them say 6 ?

By crikey I got the shock of my life years ago , when a Kiwi fella at the local pub told me he “ had just had sex of the best out in the backyard “ while playing a game of cricket !

Haven’t been back there since .:flushed:
Lets talk about six baby.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He got big offers but knocked them back as he wanted to stay in Australia for his family.

This guy is going to go down for me as a legend of the game when he retires. I could never understand why he was bagged when he played for Saints by some supporters. He came 3rd from memory in the Daly M's the 1st or second year he played in the red V and still copped it. His problem was he had the dud coach in his time at Saints so he could not do much really with the bad game plans and structures in place.
And family in New Zealand?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyway, while I support praise for any player, I might be the only one who recalls Marshall's inconsistent form and habit of trying to win games single handedly. He gave his best while playing against us.
That’s a bit harsh..

Benji was in great form when he played for us..

There was one game at Kogarah where he passed the ball like a bullet straight to me..

I was sitting in the 3rd row of the grandstand at the time, but catching that pass remains a great memory for me..

BLM01

First Grade
That’s a bit harsh..

Benji was in great form when he played for us..

There was one game at Kogarah where he passed the ball like a bullet straight to me..

I was sitting in the 3rd row of the grandstand at the time, but catching that pass remains a great memory for me..
Were you not scared when you saw that ball coming towards you?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Ok

I wasn’t really serious about signing him. But I was serious about him being better than those other hacks.
I would rather Hunt than Benji but I would rather Benji than Norman. But Widdop was just over here fishing for a club and he's better than all of them put together if we wanted to go down the veteran route and has already proven to be able to combine very well with Hunt when they could be on the park together and was going for a bargain. I would rather have taken a punt on Widdop than buy Macca that is for sure. If McInnes decided to leave for example I still prefer a potential spine of say 1.Dufty 9.Hunt 7.Clune/Sullivan 6.Widdop than say one of 1.Dufty 9.Macca 6.Norman 7.Hunt which is what if the rumours are true we could very well end up with.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Im a fan of Benji's ever since he hit first grade.

Will always wish him well. Has done it all, prem title, led his country and has been a great ambassador for the game.
Didn’t Benji go on a bender & run into trouble when he was supposed to be the face of rugby league? Gotto love the league!