What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would everyone consider a disappointing result this season?

Kylez3

Juniors
Just curious what you all think would be a disappointing or unacceptable result this year? E.g. Anything below 12th position on the ladder.

Note: This isn't strictly a question related to Dragons' finishing position on the ladder.

For me personally, I'll be disappointed if the rotation of our bench players doesn't significantly improve because that was a major weakness under McSinker.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Missing the 8 will be disappointing but not a shock.
Ill be disappointed if our goal line defence isn't strong. Last year we were the laughing stock in this area.
I miss the Bennett years..

The opposition would enter our 20 and it was like throwing eggs against a brick wall...

I was always calm when we were defending the line..

Not so much now.. It’s like throwing a bowling ball into cardboard..

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I'm expecting Hook & Co to improve us right across the paddock.
It may be only slight but as long as we are not giving 20 start each week, that we can tackle and hold teams out to a certain extent, l won't say happy, but content.

If we make the eight without limping in, l will be pleased.

McGregor got into a semi and won it and surprised not only the fans but himself.
I want us to earn our spot and deserve to be there ............. and be peeved if and when we lose.
Not just content having made up the eight.
We have to want to win and be filthy when we lose.
If that's not bred into them, the battle is half lost.

Gareth67

First Grade
Position roundabout 11th or 12 th on the ladder .

Slow improvement in all facets of play - culminating to a solid finish to the season . At years end we will all be able to say - “ well it may not have been pretty to look at , but my won’t we have a solid footy team next season “ .

Don’t forget gents it will take sometime for Griffin to ‘ deMaryize ‘ the players , so up until then the going will be tough . IMHO.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
For me a disappointment will be not necessarily where we finish but more how we play. If we keep losing close games we should win or blowing leads that is a disappointment. If we are losing touch with the 8 and keep sticking to the same side and not move into a rebuilding phase that will be disappointing. I just want to see an improvement in game management first and foremost. I believe even in the Mary era we always played with plenty of heart but lacked smarts I just want them to be a smarter and more resilient side and if the old isn't working make that decision to move forward into a rebuilding phase.

George Sancti

Juniors
I am hopeful that the Griffin - Elliot combination flourishes. I see Anthony Griffin as being a straight shooter and tough task master without being overly technical. Matthew Elliot on the other hand is an effective communicator with a good football brain. Working together they should complement each other, provided Griffin delegates sensibly.

I will be disappointed if the the combination fails and/or does not produce a top eight finish.

redv13

Bench
I expect an improvement each game where with 10 mins to go we are still in it. If that’s the case there is no reason why they can’t push for the bottom of the 8. Attitude has a huge effect either way and under Griffin I’m expecting that attitude to be positive. I think they will surprise some “experts” this year. Between 7th and 10th for me

hewi

Bench
The eight will not be easy to make IMO, you have 5 spots as good as gone in Souths, Roosters, Melbourne, Canberra and Penrith. That leaves 11 teams after 3 spots. Warriors, Dogs and Goldcoast should be big improvers and we will really have to improve out of sight if we are to make that top eight.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I have very low expectations with respect to ladder position. I want to see the team play a full 80 minutes, I want the team to fight hard every game, I want to see the coach sack under performing players and I want to see all players pissed off when they lose.

I'll be disappointed if these things do not happen.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Just curious what you all think would be a disappointing or unacceptable result this year? E.g. Anything below 12th position on the ladder.

Note: This isn't strictly a question related to Dragons' finishing position on the ladder.

For me personally, I'll be disappointed if the rotation of our bench players doesn't significantly improve because that was a major weakness under McSinker.
That’s a big question(s) I have a wish list;

I suppose I’m looking for an overall improvement in attitude from the team particularly in defence. What was the number? Average of 22 points a game conceded? If that gets dropped to 12-14 we’ll be competitive every week.

I’m looking for a huge lift in production on the left side, 5 tries compared to 27 on the right last year. The Feagai’s look to be the long term solution but that will take time. Mat hasn’t played a game of footy since March last year.

Specifically I’m looking for Hunt to stand up & become relevant, like most I’m sick of discussing him & what his best position is. I’d like his form to dictate his selection & get him out of the press then allow the club to extend McInnes early in the season.

Ostensively, with the incomplete squad we have I wouldn’t be too disappointed if we miss the 8 but secretly I’m convinced a 7th or 8th place finish is definitely achievable particularly if we get off to a good start.

I’m really hoping we wipe the floor with Easts on ANZAC Day make a statement that we are the real deal.

I hoping we recruit well, Angus Crichton is on the top of my list. He’s 24 best footy ahead of him, we’ve got the money so just pay him & get it done!

Finally I’m looking for Gus Gould to choke on his words & admit Hook & his staff have done a great job in turning us around in just the one season! F him!

redv13

Bench
The eight will not be easy to make IMO, you have 5 spots as good as gone in Souths, Roosters, Melbourne, Canberra and Penrith. That leaves 11 teams after 3 spots. Warriors, Dogs and Goldcoast should be big improvers and we will really have to improve out of sight if we are to make that top eight.
GC yes but unsure abt NZ and the dogs

TruSaint

Referee
Under a new coach I am not expecting anything more than being in the fight.

For years now we have come out at the start of the season on fire, only to capitulate. Same with our game days.

How many times have led by by double digits, only to melt deep into the game.

I think we will be just outside the 8, and that's ok by me.

The following year, with recruitment and development I expect us to make the finals. Hook will as well in order to extend his contract.

Latest posts