What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
I actually do want russell, just not at his current contract price, like i mentioned earlier, we need a hard nosed no nonsense prop, we have fish, but he is gonna need help, no tetevano and tamou could be a catalyst to going backwards in the middle, an enforcer would be all we needed, i know we had hethro, but his price was too high to keep, a cheap JWH style player= packer but only if tigers pay most of the freight.

I'd also be not looking at packers past, many footballers have done the wrong thing and repented and rehabilitated, russells no different, even Tetevano with all his ills still made us proud even with his past history of violence. As long as we aren't offering starting spots or long contracts guys like packer can boost a teams aggression off the bench.

I don't want Packer, but I agree with you on your other point about Fish needing help.

Packer is past it. The only memorable things he has done on the field the past few years has been piss his pants, whack DWZ in the eye, (deliberate in my opinion) resulting in a fractured eye socket, and belting Matterson.
He has been a hard man of the past but his body is ageing, and now he just does cheap shots, instead of the hard hits and runs.

I have Eisenhuth taking Tamou’s spot in the top 30 and Lindsay Smith taking Hetherington's. Tetevano’s yet to be filled unless someone like Martin shifts to the middle.
By the mid way point of last season, when we started conceding points and starting games slow. Tetevano helped us get back on track. He ran hard and straightened our attack. Look at a few of the game day threads on here from last year, a few were remarking how our forwards were running sideways before he came on. He will be a loss.
I expect Leniu to have a big season and fill some of the breach, but I would like another experienced middle, just in case something happened to Fish. I always like a strong pack.

Fish in my opinion is our best and toughest forward. You can see opposition players at times, look up see him coming towards them and they adjust their line to avoid his strong defence.
I would like a mongrel in our pack to help Fish. Do the hard work and be another option, in case of injuries.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Tigers fans are a little upset at the moment. They are struggling to come to terms that Mitchell Pearce is coming to Tigertown!

But the Tigers players hate Cleary remember? It's one of your favourite myths.
Packer doesn’t, just about all the fans do though. He thinks Ivan is the greatest coach ever. It was Ivan who could see the talent and greatness within, when no one else could, so signed him long term and at great expense.

Tigers fans are a little upset at the moment. They are struggling to come to terms that Mitchell Pearce is coming to Tigertown!
The saddest thing about this Pearce thing (he won’t come to us -nobody does) is that no matter how brain dead he is, he would still be better than what t we have!

Latest posts