What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
A spanner in the works.
Looks like our front row rotation is back in business, better the devil you know, hey?

Would that mean he can return on a new contract for this year (significantly lower) till zanes papers are sorted?

Blade23

Juniors
Looks like our front row rotation is back in business, better the devil you know, hey?

Would that mean he can return on a new contract for this year (significantly lower) till zanes papers are sorted?

What does this mean for us?

I don't know all the particulars of the release. Usually they are set out as follows.
A player is given a release to secure a future deal elsewhere. If that deal falls over, just after he is released (through no fault of the player) his existing contract would revert back to his previous club. The remaining terms (length and salary) would resume as before, unless both parties renegotiated. Or the player left again for another club.
If he is just given a straight forward release we are fine, but given we had Ava lined up as a swap, I would say it isn't straight forward.

If we can't move him on to the ESL, or even another NRL club, We will be severely hindered buying any more players. To fill the remaining spots in our roster.
You can argue that it is his fault (past conviction) is the reason for the deal falling over. Still, it is grey area.
It depends what terms and conditions are in the release.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I don't know all the particulars of the release. Usually they are set out as follows.
A player is given a release to secure a future deal elsewhere. If that deal falls over, just after he is released (through no fault of the player) his existing contract would revert back to his previous club. The remaining terms (length and salary) would resume as before, unless both parties renegotiated. Or the player left again for another club.
If he is just given a straight forward release we are fine, but given we had Ava lined up as a swap, I would say it isn't straight forward.

If we can't move him on to the ESL, or even another NRL club, We will be severely hindered buying any more players. To fill the remaining spots in our roster.
You can argue that it is his fault (past conviction) is the reason for the deal falling over. Still, it is grey area.
It depends what terms and conditions are in the release
Surely this was taken into account when the deal was first tabled? His past conviction has never been a secret so I can't see how that got missed.

(Should go without saying but, thanks for the info brother)

Blade23

Juniors
Surely this was taken into account when the deal was first tabled? His past conviction has never been a secret so I can't see how that got missed.

(Should go without saying but, thanks for the info brother)

It should have been. There have been precedents in the past for players with convictions not getting a work visa. His past is well known.
Sometimes there can be a bit of resistance before approval.
There is still more to play out.
I will see if I can find out anymore on the release terms.