What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

There's no reason for us to even think about signing MucCulloch unless Cam McInnes wants to have more than just breakfast with McGuire...
I foresee Hunt to 9, Clune to 7 and McCulloch on the bench. He's not a bad player, tbh and adds a bit of experience while the CC guys develop.
Not the worst signing ever. That was C. Norman. Hands ****ing down.

getsmarty

Immortal
There's no reason for us to even think about signing MucCulloch unless Cam McInnes wants to have more than just breakfast with McGuire...
I foresee Hunt to 9, Clune to 7 and McCulloch on the bench. He's not a bad player, tbh and adds a bit of experience while the CC guys develop.

Hook sees Hunt as a half....we are skinny in the hooker position...as @George Dragon stated we have Hayden lomax training there...then we have Connor Mulheson who will hopefully progress to shadow some years down the track.

Let's all just wait and see what eventuates. Have a good evening.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Have a good evening.
images

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I very much doubt Hunt will ever play hooker under Hook as coach

possm

Coach
Hook sees Hunt as a half....we are skinny in the hooker position...as @George Dragon stated we have Hayden lomax training there...then we have Connor Mulheson who will hopefully progress to shadow some years down the track.

Let's all just wait and see what eventuates. Have a good evening.
Why has Brittain dropped out of contention for backup hooker?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Ben Dobbin Channel 9 Brisbane just reported that we have offered a 3 yr deal to Andrew McCulloch immediately. Brisbane reportedly refusing to release him.
Oops posted this on the wrong thread!
As far as I’m aware there’s nothing to this McCulloch rumour. Perhaps something to force McInnes’s hand? But obviously it would only make sense if McInnes had already advised the club he’s leaving. Maybe he hasn’t bonded with Hook? I’ll try to find out. If McInnes is going Brandon Smith would surely be a much better signing?

Let’s be honest, there’s been no player feature on McInnes, virtually no photos of him training & no marketing photos. Hmmmm

I suppose on the positive McCulloch’s not a bad player assuming he’s fit. Probably half the cost of McInnes & would share dummy half with Hunt. Am I right that McCulloch played Origin few years back?

if true this would leave Sullivan, Bird, Amone & Clune fighting it out for starting spots in the halves in ‘23

randomdragon

Juniors
Let’s look at the facts for a second. McInnes has met with Maguire? yes. McInnes does not like the club and has a problem with griffin? Unproven. Dragons made an offer for McCullough? Unproven. These rumours are gaining about McInnes leaving because people are talking about it so much in this thread? Yes. Everyone just needs to calm down and wait to see what happens. Whatever happens I have full faith in hook to make the right decision. As he did at the broncos and as he did at penrith. Don’t stress and panic because of some baseless rumours you saw?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Let’s look at the facts for a second. McInnes has met with Maguire? yes. McInnes does not like the club and has a problem with griffin? Unproven. Dragons made an offer for McCullough? Unproven. These rumours are gaining about McInnes leaving because people are talking about it so much in this thread? Yes. Everyone just needs to calm down and wait to see what happens. Whatever happens I have full faith in hook to make the right decision. As he did at the broncos and as he did at penrith. Don’t stress and panic because of some baseless rumours you saw?
I agree 100% with you, we have no facts. But there is some circumstantial evidence to support the theory. Why isn’t our club captain being marketed by the club? There’s been articles about Kerr & Lomax’s Origin experiences, but nothing about McInnes. Me thinks the drums are beating.

McCullock would be half the price of McInnes & he’s an ok player particularly if sharing dummyhalf with Hunt.

Certainly not a direction I would have chosen but I can see the logic.

possm

Coach
I agree 100% with you, we have no facts. But there is some circumstantial evidence to support the theory. Why isn’t our club captain being marketed by the club? There’s been articles about Kerr & Lomax’s Origin experiences, but nothing about McInnes. Me thinks the drums are beating.

McCullock would be half the price of McInnes & he’s an ok player particularly if sharing dummyhalf with Hunt.

Certainly not a direction I would have chosen but I can see the logic.
More importantly, why hasn't the Club come out and deny this rumour? It has done similar in the past but remains quiet on this one.
  • McInnes and Mary got on like a house on fire.
  • McInnes spat the dummy when Mary was sacked.
  • McInnes has made it known that he believes he is worth more money and only wants to play hooker.
  • McInnes met with the Tigers coach who is believed to have made a huge offer for his services.
  • Griffin has responded by making enquiries regarding the availability of McCulloch; a hooker he has coached in the past.
In my opinion, if McInnes is moving on, then recruit B Smith from the Storm. A good organising hooker who has been mentored by one of the best in Cam Smith. Good enough to be our first choice hooker and young enough to be a long term prospect.

Drakon

Juniors
Article on Zero Tackle

https://www.zerotackle.com/dragons-eye-broncos-hooker-updated-92625/

Christopher Chrysostomou
Dragons eye Broncos hooker
McCullough returned to the Broncos after an injury-plague season at Newcastle

St George Illawarra is interested in signing Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.

The 30-year-old has a deal at the Broncos for 2021, but according to the Daily Telegraph, the Dragons are keen to bring McCullough to the club immediately.

McCullough and Dragons coach Anthony Griffin have a pre-existing relationship when Griffin coached the Broncos between 2011-2015.

The Dragons want the Broncos to subsidise a portion of McCullough’s contract but it is believed the Broncos are unlikely to agree on that deal.

McCullough spent 13 years at the Broncos before switching to Newcastle in 2020 where he suffered an injury-interrupted season and played eight games.

New Broncos coach Kevin Walters brought the 30-year-old to add experience to the young side but would allow him to leave if a deal can be agreed.

FlameThrower

Bench
What a soap opera this is. Granted most of this is speculation but some of the signs are not good. All we need now is this to fester through the season and derail our hopes of some type of improvement from the new coaching regime.
One way or another the Club and Cam need to set the record straight otherwise it will end in tears...

boardlumps62

Juniors
Old boys club again? I do want Griffin bringing over the hill players from Broncos. Jack was one of ours that's ok and enough!