What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
but it always has been really, I mean what sort of lunatics would support Trump if he was an independent ?

I'm sure most only support him because they lean to the right, very little to do with voting for the person, imo

Disagree. Plenty of people even in Australia love him. They like how he is outspoken and gives it to China.
I think he is a prick. But many do not. They see hin as a strong old school kind of guy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Disagree. Plenty of people even in Australia love him. They like how he is outspoken and gives it to China.
I think he is a prick. But many do not. They see hin as a strong old school kind of guy.

because they are also right leaning

the question still remains, would anyone support him if he was an independent ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course they would. He campaigned on a platform of tearing down the system and starting again. That appealed to alot of people in 2016, particularly those that were undecided.

hindy111

Post Whore

I honestly didn't mind him. My view changed based on his reaction th Corona and the way he carried on in the last month. Prior I didn't mind Trump

Eelogical

Referee

hindy111 Immortal

photo1jpg.jpg

After showing Mick this he punched to clenched fists on the table. It was quite a sight. I am staying well out of this one. Last time he was this upset he threw a lawn mower over the neighbours fence while it was running.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Of course they would. He campaigned on a platform of tearing down the system and starting again. That appealed to alot of people in 2016, particularly those that were undecided.

They were choosing between the possibility he might deliver ( hope ), and the certainty that Hilldawg would not ( hopeless ) .

I mean really, check out Sleepy Joe, and understand this is the guy that beat Trump.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
They like him 'cause he triggers liberals, this is the state of the right. This is literally the entire platform for many of them.

He won on the culture war that think tanks created by the Koch brothers and the like fund. His trade plan and foreign policy were similar to Bernie Sanders', which people said they were voting for to justify their vote. So, they must have been voting for other things, they loved him making fun of people with disabilities, they loved him for making fun of foreigners etc.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

He's created a cult of personality, I think he'd have his supporters if he decided to run as an independent but he wouldn't have the backing of a major news network in Fox news. But he's already dismissed them as fake news as they finally had to concede that Joe Biden was the president-elect. He's now building up another news network which I can't think of. His base is all about not believing the MSM so if Fox doesn't back him in the next election he and his supporters will eat it up.

There'll be rusted on republicans who won't vote for him as they'll just vote for whoever is the Republican nominee but he'll have support

Gronk

Staff member
He's created a cult of personality, I think he'd have his supporters if he decided to run as an independent but he wouldn't have the backing of a major news network in Fox news. But he's already dismissed them as fake news as they finally had to concede that Joe Biden was the president-elect. He's now building up another news network which I can't think of. His base is all about not believing the MSM so if Fox doesn't back him in the next election he and his supporters will eat it up.

There'll be rusted on republicans who won't vote for him as they'll just vote for whoever is the Republican nominee but he'll have support

All true however I note that the Republicans who crossed the floor in Impeachment 2.0 were traditional Conservatives who cringe at Trumpism.

For many years https://lincolnproject.us/ have been campaigning for the return to traditional conservatism, so not all from the right blindly offer unconditional love to the Republican du jour.

Latest posts