What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have given a name to my Payne

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

The Courier Mail reports the 21-year-old Blues Origin forward was taken into custody by police in Tweed Heads following the alleged incident.

“About 10pm Saturday 16th January, officers from Tweed-Byron Police District arrested a 21-year-old man on Coral Street at Tweed Heads after the man allegedly became abusive towards police,” a statement from NSW Police read.

“He was taken to Tweed Heads Police Station and charged with offensive language and intimidate police.

“He is due to appear at Tweed Heads Local Court on Tuesday the 2nd of February.”

Nine News reporter Mark Gottlieb tweeted: “Another Origin star arrested on the Gold Coast. NSW and Broncos forward Payne Haas arrested after a physical altercation at Tweed Heads last night.

“The Broncos had a training session at Burleigh Beach yesterday and some players spent the night on the town.”

gee its not like News Corp to f**k thing up, Mr Gottlieb must have failed geography at school, I mean the fact that NSW police were involved must have just gone through to the keeper, this happened in NSW

maybe the "Player Arrested on Gold Coast" is just a better headline

Cactus

Juniors
“He was taken to Tweed Heads Police Station and charged with offensive language and intimidate police"

Nine News reporter Mark Gottlieb tweeted: “Another Origin star arrested on the Gold Coast. NSW and Broncos forward Payne Haas arrested after a physical altercation at Tweed Heads last night"

gee its not like News Corp to f**k thing up, Mr Gottlieb must have failed geography at school, I mean the fact that NSW police were involved must have just gone through to the keeper, this happened in NSW

Mr Gottlied is short on detail & seems to have gotten a tad over excited by this incident. What brawl ? What physical altercation ?

If there was a brawl with other persons it isn't mentioned. An actual physical altercation with the arresting officers would surely have resulted in being charged with assaulting police. He is not charged with that.

blue bags

First Grade
Footy star Payne Haas announces he is expecting a baby girl with his glamorous girlfriend - just months after the State of Origin enforcer's quadriplegic brother died at the age of 22
  • Payne Haas, 20, is expecting a baby girl with girlfriend Leilani Mohenoa in May
  • The front-rower's older brother Chace, 22, was paraplegic since five-months-old
  • Chace passed away in August, which Haas said was 'confusing' at the time
  • After losing the NRL and State of Origin, the league player finally has good news
By SHIVE PREMA FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...expecting-baby-girl-glamorous-girlfriend.html

State of Origin star Payne Haas has announced he is expecting a baby girl with his girlfriend just months after his quadriplegic brother passed away in August.

The NSW Blues front-rower, 20, and his girlfriend Leilani Mohenoa both posted pictures of ultrasounds to Instagram on Thursday night.

'Can't wait to meet our baby girl,' Haas captioned the post on his page.

35910112-8970057-NSW_Blues_front_rower_left_and_his_girlfriend_Leilani_Mohenoa_bo-m-4_1605877570484.jpg

NSW Blues front-rower Payne Haas and his girlfriend Leilani Mohenoa (left together) both posted pictures of ultrasounds (right) to Instagram on Thursday night, announcing they were expecting a baby girl in May

Chace (left) and Payne Haas as children. The older Haas brother (left) snapped his neck during a car accident when he was just five months old, which left him unable to walk for life

Meanwhile, Ms Mohenoa wrote: 'We lost an angel but he sent us another that same month. Baby girl due in May.'

She was referencing Haas' older brother Chace, who became quadriplegic when he was involved in a car crash at just five-months-old and died in mid-August aged 22.

Haas recently finished bottom of the ladder with the Brisbane Broncos in the NRL and lost the State of Origin to Queensland on Wednesday.

But it appears the tough year finally has a silver lining with news of his girlfriend's pregnancy, who is expected to give birth in May.

Haas revealed Chace died after a decades-long fight for survival in mid August, saying he was 'confused by the loss'.

'I know you won't want me down. Just going to soldier on 'til my heart stops like you did,' he wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of the pair as youngsters.

'I love you forever my best friend, my role model but most importantly my big brother. Going to miss our banter and your big smile.'

32161382-8970057-On_Thursday_the_Brisbane_Broncos_star_revealed_his_older_brother-a-7_1605877852929.jpg

Haas (centre) and his older brother Chace (left), 22, who passed away in mid-August. The NRL player said he was 'confused' by the loss and Chace was 'always there for him'

35912772-8970057-image-m-21_1605882381287.jpg

35912766-8970057-image-a-22_1605882390291.jpg

Payne Haas' girlfriend Leilani Mohenoa said: 'We lost an angel (Chace) but he sent us another (the new baby) that same month.'

In the touching post, Payne said his brother was 'there for him' when nobody else was.

'I did this for you before this happened and I'm going to keep doing this for you.

'Staunchest person I've ever met... I'm missing you already honestly... I'll see you soon, say hello to grandma for me.'

Chace and his parents were involved in a horrendous collision on a road between Canberra and Goulburn in 1999, when his mother, Joan, was pregnant with Payne, now 20.

Little Chace was airlifted to Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney and in the weeks to follow his family learned the whiplash from the accident snapped his neck.

They were told he would never walk a day in his life.

Haas was sent off after fighting during game two of the 2020 State of Origin Series, which his side ultimately lost. It appears Haas' tough year finally has a silver lining with news of his girlfriend's pregnancy, who is expected to give birth in May

Payne revealed to NRL.com that he wished he could take his brother's place.

'I wish it was me,' Payne said at the time.

'If I could go back and put myself in the situation he was in, I'd take that burden for him. I would love to see him live the life I am. I'd sit in that chair for the rest of my life to see him walk.

'Sometimes I cry in my room. I pray sometimes that things were never like that. I wish he was running around like us. Dad used to show us photos of how Chace was on life support. I've got life pretty easy. My brother knows real struggle.'

35910308-8970057-image-a-8_1605878081132.jpg

Chace and Payne Haas as children. The State of Origin star previously said 'I wish it was me' in the wheelchair just so his brother could walk. Older brother Chace said he was 'really happy' to find out his sibling would play for the Blues

Ahead of Payne's emotional debut game, his brother said he couldn't have been prouder.

'When he said he was going to play for the Blues … It means everything to me. More than to him. I was very emotional to hear it. I'm blue to the bones. Always have been, always will be. Words can't describe how I feel about my little brother,' he said.

'When he runs on the field, he takes all of us with him. Every day I look up to my little bro. Every time I see him on TV he makes me really happy. He's 100 per cent my hero. I will always protect him, no matter what.'

NSW Blues' Payne Haas announces he is expecting a baby girl with his glamorous girlfriend

Latest posts