What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
Oh look, I'm not for a minute suggesting his intent over weeks was make people "storm the capitol", what I'm saying is that is a very knowable outcome of what he's been pushing. And for that he must bear responsibility.

That he is emotionally incapable of accepting defeat is beside the point. This is the POTUS, it's not like the advice isn't there available if he chooses to listen. His available resources are virtually limited only by his choice to use them

It's also worth remembering that impeachment is not by necessity a criminal proceedings, and there are no criminal consequences to impeachment. There is only disqualification from office, and it does not require an actual crime to have been committed.

It is at it's heart the method to remove a person of office who is shown to be incapable or unwilling to serve in that position in a manner that is fit for that position, in the case of the POTUS, it's my understanding that it's the only means of removal.

In this instance, this is very clearly about attempting to ensure the Donald can not hold public office again, no more , no less.
Yeah i said in my first post that i realise the consequences of being impeached is different to any court process .... That said, its still being viewed in a similar manner as a type of trial.

strider

Post Whore
There are a lot of people that are tired of Trump getting a leave pass from consequences simply because, he didn't intend for X or he really believed Y. He's not a politician, he's a New York businessman, is not a defence when you have dozens of legal advisors and he ignores advice.

The tolerance for his disregard to the law is gobsmacking. Why should he be treated differently and what precedent does this set moving forward ?
You wanna drag Pelosi over the coals for calling for an uprising earlier this year too?

Gronk

Staff member
You wanna drag Pelosi over the coals for calling for an uprising earlier this year too?
I think the point really is that a bunch of people broke into the capital building, killed a policeman , all whilst parliament was in session counting electoral votes and demanded that their guy is recognized as the winner of the election. They did that after Trumps geeup speech saying we're all (no surprise that he lied to them) going to go down there and demand this and that.

strider

Post Whore
I think the point really is that a bunch of people broke into the capital building, killed a policeman , all whilst parliament was in session counting electoral votes and demanded that their guy is recognized as the winner of the election. They did that after Trumps geeup speech saying we're all (no surprise that he lied to them) going to go down there and demand this and that.
cool - Pelosi gets a pardon

tho I'm pretty sure a bunch of people died in the events of mid 2020's uprising also

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
https://twitter.com/i/events/1351259599668539397

Trump issues more than 140 pardons and commutations before leaving office

See new Tweets

Am0_ZfEh

US elections
·
3 hours ago
Trump issues more than 140 pardons and commutations before leaving office
On early Wednesday, Trump issued 73 pardons and 70 commutations, including Steve Bannon, Lil Wayne, Kodak Black and Kwame Kilpatrick. However, the list issued by the White House does not include the outgoing president or any of his family members, despite earlier reports. Rapper Lil Wayne pleaded guilty in federal court in 2020 to possession of a loaded handgun and Steve Bannon was charged last year with defrauding donors of more than a million dollars.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah i said in my first post that i realise the consequences of being impeached is different to any court process .... That said, its still being viewed in a similar manner as a type of trial.

Yeah, it is.

But that really aint what it is.

Gronk

Staff member
I’m more interested in the hand grenades he’s left for Biden. I heard that he randomly set an expiry date to the overseas traveller covid ban for next week.

He’s also just parachuted in a Trump loyal lawyer as head of the spy agency, NSA. He got appointed Sunday and sworn in today.

Latest posts