What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Valheru

Coach
Watched Queens Gambit.

It was a solid period drama but certainly didn't live up to the expectations of the critical reviews IMO.

soc123_au

Staff member
Dont f**k With Cats

There is certainly some sick weirdos in this world. It wouldnt surprise me a bit if the main guy that was in the group playing private detectives turned out to be a serial killer, he seemed to enjoy the whole thing a bit too much.

It also struck me as a bit odd that a few of them could talk pretty calmly about watching a video of a man being brutally murdered & then lost their shit & couldn't speak when mentioning the puppy.

AJB1102

First Grade
Not sure what happened with Better Call Saul as I always liked the character on Breaking Bad and I gave it a good nudge, but I just stopped watching it one day and have never felt the urge to start watching again.

I did the same. For a reason I don't remember I gave it another shot. Slow burn but f**k it gets good. Up with The Sopranos and The Wire for me now and agree Breaking Bad I found pretty 'meh' as well.

Also watched Crip Camp. Wow. When you look at what bullshit politics people can carry on with today. Judy Huemann should have a statue.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
I did the same. For a reason I don't remember I gave it another shot. Slow burn but f**k it gets good. Up with The Sopranos and The Wire for me now and agree Breaking Bad I found pretty 'meh' as well.

Yeah, one day I might get round to watching it all ... I watched the first and second ep of Breaking Bad the year they came out and then didn't finish the series until after it finished.

As an FYI the only show on The Sopranos and The Wire level in the last decade for me has been The Americans. That show is class.

Matua

Bench
Like when a footy team plays good then after a while they start getting over hyped
I still don't understand this thinking. It was ether good or it wasn't. Me (hype man Matua) saying it's awesome, and then 1000 other people saying the same thing shouldn't change whether it was good or not.

I don't think the footy team analogy works. Let's say the Warriors win their first 6 games by 30 points (yeah, I know, suspend your disbelief) and they start getting hyped. It doesn't mean they weren't awesome in those 6 games.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
I still don't understand this thinking. It was ether good or it wasn't. Me (hype man Matua) saying it's awesome, and then 1000 other people saying the same thing shouldn't change whether it was good or not.

I don't think the footy team analogy works. Let's say the Warriors win their first 6 games by 30 points (yeah, I know, suspend your disbelief) and they start getting hyped. It doesn't mean they weren't awesome in those 6 games.

I dunno man it's not that serious sheesh

Also bad analogy, think more saints

Latest posts