What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blues Riff

Bench
Why did you think Crichton scored so many easy tries where he was barely touched like he was playing wing? Things on a Rugby League don't happen on a vacuum. It happened so often because virtually every time Kikau got numbered up with a half the centres and wingers went oh shit and came in on Kikau creating numbers and space for the left edge. That doesn't happen nearly as often if Liam Martin is playing left second row. We have no one capable of replicating that effect. The only guys who could atm are Taumolo or maybe David Fifita.
Yep, It's not so much what the big fella does, it's what the opposition thinks he might do. The media hype, the mohawk, it all helps our cause.

Original Name

Juniors
You might save some, but it won’t be much.

The real savings will be in RCG and Blake coming off our cap.
If the cap's bad enough we have to save enough to fix it. RCG and Waqa's money coming back won't be enough on it's own because the amount of players Gus extended on potential. On the subject I could be wrong but I believe Moses was one of the players who got upgraded to be paid like a good starting prop before Gus left back when Mos hadn't really proved much more than he has potential.

@Blade23 Please correct me If I'm wrong. I'd love to hear that I'm wrong and Leota isn't on that much.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Why did you think Crichton scored so many easy tries where he was barely touched like he was playing wing? Things on a Rugby League don't happen in a vacuum. It happened so often because virtually every time Kikau got numbered up with a half the centres and wingers went oh shit and came in on Kikau creating numbers and space for the left edge. That doesn't happen nearly as often if Liam Martin is playing left second row. We have no one capable of replicating that effect. The only guys who could atm are Taumolo or maybe David Fifita. Maybe that huge second rower/centre the Sharks have.

We all know that Kikau attracts defenders and creates space for the players around him the commentators talk about it every game now but I dont think you are giving Luai enough credit. Our left side didnt struggle the times Kikau was out and Luai played two of his best games without Kikau.

betcats

Referee
Kikau missed several games. Still carved up all depends where you want to save money

Yep exactly. There is no doubt Kikau creates a lot of space for the players around him but its starting to become a bit like Mansours metres, some people seem to think we cant win without it. If Kikau gets a long injury and Capewell plays left edge that edge with Luai and Critta will still be lethal for sure.

Blade23

Juniors
If the cap's bad enough we have to save enough to fix it. RCG and Waqa's money coming back won't be enough on it's own because the amount of players Gus extended on potential. On the subject I could be wrong but I believe Moses was one of the players who got upgraded to be paid like a good starting prop before Gus left back when Mos hadn't really proved much more than he has potential.

@Blade23 Please correct me If I'm wrong. I'd love to hear that I'm wrong and Leota isn't on that much.

You are right. Leota is on one of those 'Gould potential contracts' that pay for what you could become in a year or 3. There is a couple still at the club on such deals.

BxTom

Bench
We all know that Kikau attracts defenders and creates space for the players around him the commentators talk about it every game now but I dont think you are giving Luai enough credit. Our left side didnt struggle the times Kikau was out and Luai played two of his best games without Kikau.
Agree, we haven't seen the best of Luai yet. Going to be a superstar.

Well Blake & RCG’s contracts aren’t off our books for two more years, by that time there won’t be anymore Gus Gould contracts on the books.

Kikau’s current contract ends when those deals come off our cap.

betcats

Referee
If the spots are being filled internally then it’s better if we wait. We can have guys training with the first squad and fighting for those spots and if any potential signings were to come up we have room for them.

Rather wait then just spend because we have it

I’d rather guys we might use be training in the team environment, using the quality facilities and learning the tactics. I’m funny like that...

Of course if the 5/6 to come into the squad are all internal upgrades, it’s a moot point. But it seems unlikely they all will be.

Whino

Bench
Is there a list of who are top 30 (or 24 atm) are?

Top 25 including Whare.

PENRITH PANTHERS
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 5

• Billy Burns
  • Matt Burton
  • Kurt Capewell
  • Nathan Cleary
  • Stephen Crichton
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Matt Eisenhuth
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Robert Jennings
  • Mitch Kenny
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • Spencer Leniu
  • Moses Leota
  • Jarome Luai
  • Liam Martin
  • Tyrone May
  • Brent Naden
  • Jaeman Salmon
  • Lindsay Smith
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Charlie Staines
  • Brian To'o
  • Dean Whare
  • Isaah Yeo
DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Shannon Harris, J'Maine Hopgood, Daine Laurie.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...-extensions-rosters/hcan3rjggycy11wpnpvuje6iz

Whino

Bench
Here is the list of players still without a contract.

BRISBANE BRONCOS
  • Jamil Hopoate
  • Jordan Kahu
  • Richard Kennar
  • Issac Luke
  • Ilikena Vudogo
CANBERRA RAIDERS
  • Sebastian Kris
CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
  • Tim Lafai
CRONULLA SHARKS
  • Bryson Goodwin