What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Peats

possm

Coach
Oh for a great rake
who makes it look like a piece of cake
and not on the take
playing hooker and being a fake
Peats is not the answer to our upcoming problem. If McInnes is staying then he would have been signed by now and so the big question is, will he ask for an early release? That is why the Dragons want McCullough for 2021 on a two year deal.

l suggest we go for B Smith from Melbourne; a permanent solution to the hooker position. He is not available till 2022 but maybe given an early release as the storm have two other hookers available.

I would like McInnes to stay but for me it looks like he is going to the Tigers either in 2022 or 2021 on an early release. Maybe the Tigers can swap a good edge player for him.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What is it with Saints at looking at injury prone players. They got Bird over the line and I hope he has an injury free season but Peats has a much worse injury track record than Bird. McCullough also coming off an injury plagues season.

What next, they will approach Cameron King and Kyle Stanley? Or Adam Ritson for a forward spot?

Peats on his day was great to be honest but with so many injuries even Holbrook gave up on him. He must know that he is damaged goods and won't get back to his standards.

Dragon David

First Grade
Peats is the not answer to our upcoming problem. If McInnes is staying then he would have been signed by now and so the big question is, will he ask for an early release? That is why the Dragons want McCullough for 2021 on a two year deal.

l suggest we go for B Smith from Melbourne; a permanent solution to the hooker position. He is not available till 2022 but maybe given an early release as the storm have two other hookers available.

I would like McInnes to stay but for me it looks like he is going to the Tigers either in 2022 or 2021 on an early release. Maybe the Tigers can swap a good edge player for him.
We need to keep McInnes at all costs. He will be much better under Hook and staying as our hooker and not play in any other position but hooker.

Getting Brandon Smith from the Storm would be good, however, Storm players do not seem keen to come to the Dragons such as Christian Welch. The one we did get didn't win us a premiership but in general was good. I don't think any club in the NRL wants him now.

McInnes does most of the tackling for us and can dart from dummy half and make breaks when least expected.

Until we start playing games, Hook will not know where there are deficiencies. He can only get out of our current squad the best that they can under the circumstances and McInnes must be retained.

possm

Coach
We need to keep McInnes at all costs. He will be much better under Hook and staying as our hooker and not play in any other position but hooker.

Getting Brandon Smith from the Storm would be good, however, Storm players do not seem keen to come to the Dragons such as Christian Welch. The one we did get didn't win us a premiership but in general was good. I don't think any club in the NRL wants him now.

McInnes does most of the tackling for us and can dart from dummy half and make breaks when least expected.

Until we start playing games, Hook will not know where there are deficiencies. He can only get out of our current squad the best that they can under the circumstances and McInnes must be retained.
I'd say that Griffin wants all 6 forwards on the field to do their fair share of defensive work and just rely on McInnes to do overs. In addition to this, Griffin would want McInnes to initiate our attack with good crisp passes from dummy half, send the ball to the correct side and to run from dummy half more than he does now.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench

Brandon Smith would be ideal but I can't see Storm letting him go even if C.Smith played on in 2021, he's an amazing player to have as back up. He's made for the new rules, fast out of dummy half and takes full advantage of any quick play the balls.

Gareth67

First Grade
Brandon Smith would be ideal but I can't see Storm letting him go even if C.Smith played on in 2021, he's an amazing player to have as back up. He's made for the new rules, fast out of dummy half and takes full advantage of any quick play the balls.

Agree kit66 , Brandon is a true workhorse , never stops . I believe that we can place him in the same basket as Angus Crichton , his current club will hang on to him at all costs .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A bloke that under an increasingly competent coach at the GC was dropped in favour of a long time discard of ours in Mitch Rein. Macca nor Peats is winning a gf anytime soon. If they are backup to McInnes, fine but if McInnes does leave they are nowhere near good enough. If McInnes leaves by far and away our best option is Ben Hunt and promote Amone up the squad. We have Hunt, Norman, Bird, Clune, Sullivan, Amone and possibly even Sloan that could all fill a spot in the halves. If we lost him due to salary cap to the Dogs there needs to be an investigation with the signings they have made of late while we are relying on juniors like Ramsey and they are buying players like Cotric, the Fox, Burton to name a few. If we lose him to the Tigers, I would rather Liddle than either Macca or Peats.

Here is a theory. Cam is going, and Hook wants Hunt at 9. But he wants it to look like there is no other option so he pretends to search high and low for a hooker that he doesn't actually want. In the end he says "sorry Benny, we tried, but you will need to play hooker indefinitely".

The_Frog

First Grade
Here is a theory. Cam is going, and Hook wants Hunt at 9. But he wants it to look like there is no other option so he pretends to search high and low for a hooker that he doesn't actually want. In the end he says "sorry Benny, we tried, but you will need to play hooker indefinitely".
Doesn't sound like the Hook I know. Either wanting Hunt at 9 or carrying out complicated recruitment chicanery to achieve it. He'll just tell players what their roles are to be. Gus was right, he's old fashioned.

SGMax

Juniors
Just read a story that Cam and his manger asked to test the market last year, before Griffin's arrival.
My take on current developments is:
Cam has lunch with Maguire
Dragons start showing that he can be replaced by talking to Brisbane and GC hookers hoping to get him to make a decision.
They are still waiting for Cam to finish his assessment of his market value.

If I was Griffin, I would be getting a little fed up if your current player of the year was taking more than 3 months to think about playing for another club.

Peats is the not answer to our upcoming problem. If McInnes is staying then he would have been signed by now and so the big question is, will he ask for an early release? That is why the Dragons want McCullough for 2021 on a two year deal.

You can have Liddle, problem solved! We’ll throw in a years worth of sticky tape so you can just put him back together when he inevitably breaks. Round 10 would be a great achievement!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Peats is not the answer to our upcoming problem. If McInnes is staying then he would have been signed by now and so the big question is, will he ask for an early release? That is why the Dragons want McCullough for 2021 on a two year deal.

I fear that the McInnes situation could undo all the good work that's been done under this new coaching regime. Agree Possm that Peats (and McCullough) represent a giant leap back in class. Muzby facetiously suggested we sign Cameron Smith if we want to sign a hooker past his best- but his best is still way better than just about any other hooker's best. Doubt Cam would consider SGI unless we broke the bank - but you never know till you ask and he would fill the leadership vacuum in the short term.

But in reality, Brandon Smith is the great (red and )white hope this team needs for the next five years- and he has the energy and personality to develop into a top class leader. We've yet to sign anyone in demand by other teams so this is the big test for the new recruitment team.